Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg DS-1H sustain pedal not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rolemodel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Korg DS-1H sustain pedal not working Reply with quote

Hi. I don't know if its the right section where i should write this but i didn't know where to put this.

short story . recently changed the wire of my sustain pedal ( cause the old one was cut) and its not working on my KRonos, M3 or M50 but it IS working on an old Korg I3. Does anyone has any idea why?

were not discussin' about polarity, tried it on all keyboards changed polarity from global

thank you , your help is much appreciated
mikelees

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

When you say not working, do you mean it doesn't sustain at all, is stuck on permanent sustain, or that the half damper isn't working?

If not sustaining at all or stuck, I'm wondering if the wiring is not quite right - and K, M3 and M50 can't quite see clear pressed / unpressed states from the pedal, but the I3 has slightly different logic level thresholds and it can??

A couple of thought starters to try to narrow down the problem?
- What happens when you try half-damper calibration in global mode?
- Can you get a multimeter and measure resistance between Tip and Sleeve of the connector with the pedal depressed and un-depressed? I'm not near my DS-1H at the moment so can't measure it, however I understand they should be about 30K between T-S when undepressed and about 1K-3K when fully depressed.
rolemodel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not working like its doing nothing . reversed the wires in the stereo jack and its funny cause on I3 its still working but not on the newer ones.

like i said its not responding in global mode , neither to half calibration

its kind o tricky. im thinking maybe the wire its not good, its a microphone wire...from what i see on it
Schmooster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just the wire you've changed or the plug as well that was connected to the mic? Have you swapped a Mono plug for Stereo for example? Otherwise it doesn't make much sense - it's a simple 2 way connection of variable resistance - the only way you could wire it incorrectly (apart from the polarity) is if the plug is stereo ie 3 metal sections instead of just 2.
rolemodel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pedal had a wire with a stereo plug. the wire had to small wires red and white and the stranded wire .

i went to a shop and bought a wire (which it says its a microphone wire and it has 2 small wires red and white and stranded wire) and a stereo jack. the wires were attached like the old ones were. but i dont know how the wires are in the old stereo jack . but i ve tried it both ways in the new one (the attachements ) so i dont know what to do anymore.

thnks for the interest ...maybe we will sort it out
mikelees

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DS-1H is normally wired with a 25K pot between tip and shield. The ring is not connected. There are 2 types of DS-1H in circulation- older ones that have a stereo TRS plug, and newer ones that have a mono TS plug.

I would recommend checking the wiring and checking with a multimeter to make sure you have approx 25K between tip and shield when undepressed and a few hundred ohms when depressed. I measured mine and I get 26K when undepressed and about 400 ohms whe depressed. Between ring and shield should measure open circuit.
Schmooster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure that your pedal is connected to the DAMPER input at the back of the kronos then set in the global menu: Damper Polarity to: +
rolemodel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLVED...pedal has 3 ends inside...one for white wire , another for red ...and a third one that should be attached to 2nd..guy who replaced wire left the 3rd one untouched...end of story
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: