Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spider Pro. Ideas on how to make 2nd tier parallel?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nowtime

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:50 am    Post subject: Spider Pro. Ideas on how to make 2nd tier parallel? Reply with quote

Excitedly setup my new beautiful stand and was quickly disappointed after realizing I can't seem to use the 2nd tier for my intended purposes: with a shelf to hold a laptop and a 49 key Virus Polar over my Kronos on the 1st tier. The angel is too steep and not adjustable. Time to pack it up and back to the drawing board? (I hope not!)

Or maybe some brilliant minds here can think of a way that I have not?
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the ultimate apex holds flat without tilt. Sorry about the Spider Pro.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another cheap way that might not be too attractive is to attach some wood to the underside of the shelf.

For example, if you nail a 2 x 4 flat along one edge of your shelf, then when you place that new shelf on the floor with the 2x4 side down, then the shelf will lie angled to the floor. Now if you place that shelf on your angled tier on the Spider Pro, it should be more level than before. You can experiment with either the thickness of the 2x4 or else nail it to the bottom of the shelf closer to the center rather than to the edge to get your desired angle.

Thanks for bringing this up, because I had similar intentions. I wanted my top tier to be a level shelf, with 2 other adjustable tiers for K61 and an 88 key controller. May have to rethink getting the Spider Pro now...
mikelees

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I use k&m Spider Pro with the big K.

How about swapping the bottom and top arms so that the top tier is level - can you cope with the bottom tier being angled?

Alternatively, you can buy another set of lower arms separately (k&m part 18865 Support Arm set A) in order to get a level top tier. There is also a laptop stand (18868) that goes on top of the upright. Have a look at the k&m website for all the accessories.

Depends where in the world you are how easy k&m parts are to get hold of. Thomann are pretty good in Europe, and I think they also ship to US.
AudioProCT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also sell and use the K&M spider, I had to purchase extra set of arms, they come in flat and angled.
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I liked the Spider Pro stand and its fast set up the arms would hold the keyboards at a angle. When viewed from the front of the stage the whole lot look lop sided and try as I might it could not be corrected even with replace arms and messing with it. So I returned it, another thing that got me with the stand was that there is bounce back when playing which is intolerable.

A good idea but needs some work to make it into what it should be, if K&M sorted it I would get another tomorrow.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problems with setting the top tier arms flat. You need to adjust them - raise the hands up, as if you'd adjust their angle, then set them so they're flat, then lock down in place. Works here just fine.
nowtime

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
I have no problems with setting the top tier arms flat. You need to adjust them - raise the hands up, as if you'd adjust their angle, then set them so they're flat, then lock down in place. Works here just fine.

I love this!
But "set them so they're flat" ..... I don't see how..
nowtime

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post

Last edited by nowtime on Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
nowtime

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ psionic311 - yes, I was thinking of some sort of angled board. Maybe have one planed at the 15 degree angle that is listed on the instruction diagram.

@ mikelees - I will have to see if the Kronos feels good at such an angle.

@ you guys who purchased straight arms - this thing is so expensive they should give us a choice. Such a purchase would put the cost over the top for me.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowtime wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:

I love this!
But "set them so they're flat" ..... I don't see how..

Sadly my Spider is currently in garage packed in its bag since I'm not using it at the moment... Otherwise I'd record a video. It's definitely possible to adjust the angle though, and lock it.
DaveKeys

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not simply replace the angled arms with a pair of straight ones?
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That costs money. Very Happy
nowtime

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an email to K&M.

Note: strangely, the laptop and Virus Polar stay put very well on the wooden shelf even at 15 degrees. The lip at the end of the 2nd tier arms sticks up just enough to catch them and the rubber feet on both items are quite sticky. So it works. But not good enough for such expensive gear.
nowtime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news! An inexpensive part will transform the angled arm into a straight arm. Bad news, it takes 8-12 weeks to obtain said part.

Here is the response I got:
"I am sorry for the confusion regarding the Spider Pro stand. It sounds as though this user you are referring to has the laptop holder, seen below. This product does what he is describing, it can simply be adjusted from tilted to level using the four preset angle adjustment notches. Just to be clear, I am not suggesting that you need to purchase this, I have much better news for you than that. All that is needed to convert the Spider Pro upper tier from angled to flat are two small plastic tabs that attach to the back end of the arms. You may notice that when the stand is folded up the lower tier has these already and the upper tier does not. These small parts are part number 7.188.602155 and these are $3.20 each plus postage. I would need to special order these parts from Germany which may take 8-12 weeks for delivery, but you may opt to have these air-mailed here for an additional fee. These are relatively easy to install, and can also be removed if you wish to switch back to the stock configuration. You may order these from us directly using a credit card via email, phone, or fax. Please let me know if you have any questions."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: