Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Tips
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vesa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Triton Tips Reply with quote

Create two new Drum Kit Programs:

There are two Kits in TRITON that I belive are never used by Programs, 015: 01/W Total Kit and 016: 01/W Producer's.

01/W Total Kit:
In Program Mode, find HipHop Kit (for example), on my PCG file it's located at A068, write it to a new location (E127) , makes changes to use the new kit, rename the Program "01/W Total Kit"

Haven't checked if there are arpeggios suitable for these two kits yet...

Vesa
Roland JV-1010 / Triton-Rack 96MB / Trinity Plus PBS-TRI / Yamaha MOTIF6 64MB / Roland Fantom-XR 512MB / Yamaha MOXF6 1GB / Roland XV-3080 / Roland FANTOM-06 / Yamaha MODX6+ / E-mu Proteus 2000 / Roland XV-5080 128MB / Kross 1 / Kross 2
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Triton Tips Reply with quote

If you aren't familar with Skippy's Triton Tip, then you should check out this site [glow=red,2,300]http://www.realkuhl.com/pages/tritontips.html [/glow] and try them out. You will probably learn something you didn't know.

Oh yeah, don't run with a pencil in your mouth. ;D
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Triton Tips Reply with quote

Thank you chaps !  Cool

Daz.
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Triton Tips Reply with quote

Cleaning Triton (second opinion)

I use Mr Muscle window cleaner (citrus ~ lemon).
This really works wonders & leaves your triton sparkling clean and smelling lemon when finished.

Tip: I always remove the realtime knobs (7 of them) when i clean it.

Cheers / Pecca
popcorn
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Triton Tips Reply with quote

OK!Great Sequncer with very stupid omission-no edit function for notes lenght.May be in TS you may deal with that guys?But in TC it's a big problem for me especially when I make dance tracks I want some notes to be equal.
So I make that track in GM and save to FD.After in logical edit in Cubase the lenght which I want is achieved and I return the track in TC SEQ in a new song.After in track edit I send it/!like measures/to a song where this track is used.

Well bye for now!

Donny  
ausser
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Triton Tips Reply with quote

Quote:
leaves your triton sparkling clean and smelling lemon when finished.

LOL........now thats what I call anti-theft protection!
If your Tritons ever nicked, all you'll need is a good bloodhound.

I use Industrial Decorators Wipes.....
No sign of decay so far,
it may be risky but its quick!

Peace
Ausser.

chordial
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Triton Tips Reply with quote

I play mainly in combi mode, and when developing songs it's handy to be able to start and stop the arps running while playing live without taking your hands off the keys.

I have a damper pedal on the one input and have assigned the other one to start/stop the arps.

Global mode, controller.

Chordial
Marc
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Triton Tips Reply with quote

For a little change of pace turn the Triton upside down, go to the Osc1 and Osc2 pages, and reverse all the samples so they loop backwards.  Then set the filter env to negative values tied to velocity, and reverse the attack and decay settings.  Finally, set the joystick to  reverse modulate the Amp settings.

Enjoy!

Marc

P.S. For those of you south of the equator, these settings may not have any affect.
Vim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice ones peeps,

here's one that may b useful.

when doing drum recording and you want to just make sure that your bass drum is on the money/beat then you should quantise just that bass drum note. eg, if your BD is note C2 then in seq edit page, get into quantise mode and select low note , depress the enter key and press the C2 key. then do the same for select high note. Set up your measure and quantise parameters (the further away from 50, the more swing you'll have) and press done.

You can also use this for other instruments in the 'drumset' especially HH and snr.

this also applies to bass and pretty much any other sound.

while on drums

To make your HH a bit more realistic and 'live like' - in the modify velocity page, select random (bottom RHS), set low note and high note to HH note number (eg most times it is F#3), set min velo and max velo (make sure that the diff btwn min and max is at least 20 eg low = 74 and high = 94), set measure range and hit done. You're live man.

Another one.

when you are previewing sounds (in any mode) select the category control and rifle through the various sounds until you like one that you like and then hit done.

application for live
store all your user sounds or most common sounds in the first 16 locations in E bank and then preview the sounds by selecting the 'program' control (rather than the category control mentioned above). change to bank E and leave the window open (don't select a sound and press done). this way, you have instant access to 16 sounds - without having to press multiple buttons - the same can be done in combi mode. Just select the sound you are going 2 use and start playing, then select another one and start playing. The applications are endless - especially with multiple outs.

there's more but i'm pressed for time
great to be back here - been trying to get the hang of emagic and it is driving me nuts - but i've got it now and occasionally bounce stuff back and forth between the 2 seqs.

l8r
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top tips, thanks Vim Smile
Spud

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look on the back there's a button, press it and your Triton switches on!! Dancing . Hey come on I've only had the thing out of the box 5 days
hehe Wink .

Seriously though, thanks for starting this Thread Daz, it's a big help for newbie owners like me who are a bit overwhelemd by the power of this beastie.

Are you going to put this in the classic threads when it's finished? as I dare say this is something I will keep coming back to.

Best

Spud Very Happy
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, good one Spud Smile

This will definitely go in Classic Threads. I am hoping for a few more tips before then, if people have some more to share ... there must be such a mass of experience amongst all the Triton users here.

Daz.
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - a few more basic tips:

When editing a Program or Combination you can use the Rec key to save your edits quickly.

The "A" row of Realtime Knob settings can be written back into a sound as an edit.

Changes to the Arp Gate and Vel knobs can be written back into a Program or Combi.

And a few "medium" ones:

When editing or listening to Arp patterns, choose your sound carefully before going into Global Mode to look at and edit the Arp. Specifically, go to the P7 Menu and be sure that Vel and Gate are set to STEP so you are actually hearing what is programmed into each Step of the Arp pattern. Once you understand this you don't always have to use these settings, but it's important to learn about and understand this important relationship.

There is a similar concept for drumkits. Choose a drum Program that you like the overall sound of (the effects etc.) before going into Global Mode and listening to or creating a drumkit. This way what you hear is closer to your desired goal. I like to copy the drum Program to a new location (Bank E?) before editing - this way when I'm done I can save the Drumkit in Global Mode, and then go back to the Program and re-point it to the new drumkit I've made. There are a number of important parameters, like the BUS routing into effects, Filter offset, Decay etc. that are related to the settings made in Program Mode.

Enjoy!

Jerry
Vim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok let's c,

Create patterns for your bass lines, guitar strums and other sequences that you are more likely to use repeatedly.

When mixing the sequence on the Triton use overdub recording to add real time controls for volume, pans, ribbon, bends, knobs etc.

Alternatively, use P5 event edit and insert controller events between locate points (start and end points). Very effective - if you want to get a really good live bass and gtr sound going is to set your bend range to 12, then insert a bend control between two points first increasing the bend and then decreasing it back to Zero - you'll get that distinct bend sound just like on B Spears OOps i did it again. You can apply the same concept to wind instruments and stringed instruments as well. play with the data and note range and you will get some really really weird and freakish stuff. This will also enable you to play a theramin solo without actually ever owning anything like a theramin.

For drum kits, to get a really 'live' sound ala Phil Collins - use the processed kit but make it velocity switchable between the hi and lo samples for the Toms and Snrs samples used in the kit.
As an alternative set them up so that they have both samples sounding at the same time without any velo switching and delay the lo samples by a few samples - instant BIG sound.

Oh here's an obvious one - RTFM Laughing and if you have problems then call or email korgsupport at once and then copy the same message to this board or Triton Haven or Triton Central.

If all else fails and nothing works, call up Daz and bother the bejeezers outa him Laughing (jk Daz jk)

have fun peeps
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Classic Threads All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: