Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio output stopped on gig twice--had to reboot the Kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you're using the internal clock, and aren't slaving to an external S/PDIF clock?

Any other peripherals or MIDI controllers connected which could be sending messages muting the sound output?

Assuming "no" to the above two questions, it may be a hardware fault. It may be something as simple as a loose connector, or there may be some other issue causing the audio IO daughterboard to lose connectivity with the mainboard (which is responsible for sound generation).

I did once have an issue where I lost sound output which appeared to be a software issue (same symptoms as yours), but that was a long time ago on a very old OS version (I think 1.6). Except for that one time, it has been rock solid.

Can you give us any more information about the circumstances under which this has occurred?
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Ah, the mythical power argument again.

I agree. Voltage Regulator.
More likely that dastardly vector joystick!
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, forgot about the vector joystick!
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happened to me as well. Accidentally hit the joystick - no sound. rrrrrrrrrr
compumar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have to reboot the Kronos to fix it or is there some way to remedy the problem without the reboot?
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's the vector joystick, either moving the vector joystick to another point, or holding the "Reset Controls" button (to the left of the touch screen) and moving the vector joystick should be enough to restore sanity.

The other thing you should try, should it happen again, is changing patches to see if that helps matters. Loading a new patch will reset all controllers.

Zikerstu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Sound cut off Reply with quote

This has happened on me over a half a dozen times at shows as well. I always run my synths through a power conditioner but have had the Kronos replaced and it only happened one more time since. I was wondering if the volume pedal got accidentally tapped just enough to cut the sound off but it only occurred when I used a piano program in set list mode. All the other com is and programs had sound except all the pianos. Definitely not acceptable in a live setting.
Gaston

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this happen but I figured it out. There's a master volume slider just above the keybed to the left of the touch screen. If you have it set to minimum when you boot up and then consequently just so much as bump it a hair while you're playing it will assign a volume at or very near zero. The fix is to set that slider to maximum instead. It occurred several times on me before I figured it out. Not sure if that's what's happening to you but it most definitely happened to me. Best of luck!
compumar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that tip--I used the keyboard last night with a Furman F1000 UPS and did not have a problem, but I will always make sure that master slider is set to maximum--I would never have figured that out!
Gaston

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same can occur with the vector joystick. Some timbres have volume assigned to it and if you inadvertently bump it when going off in the bass it can diminish or cut your volume entirely. Be careful out there!!
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sudden no volume situation just happened to me now. Not sure what caused it, but for future reference for all, here was my quick solution:

Hit the COMPARE button!

I tested it by moving the Master volume all the way down (simulating an accidental bump that would lower volume), and hitting the COMPARE button immediately restored the sound level to what it was before.

Hope that helps someone live one day...
Gaston

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I will definitely remember that just in case!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: