Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need a KRONOS for DUMMIES book, someone could make good $$

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lkvanbelle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: I need a KRONOS for DUMMIES book, someone could make good $$ Reply with quote

Surprised I love the sounds on my Kronos 2, but the learning curve....

Lost a bunch of sounds doing the 3.0.4 upgrade, fortunately I backed up everything prior to doing the upgrade. I have been able to recreate the original configuration from the factory. so that is solved

Have the Synthonia Pink Floyd Collection and when I try to load it it gives me a choice '..was made in a previous version do I want to update the mapping...'

If i chose not to update, sounds like rubbish

When I update, it eliminates a bunch of previous sounds just like when I did the update.

In a perfect world I would like to return to my factory sounds and ADD IN the additional sounds from the 3rd party sound pack.

Any one up to the challenge of educating me??

Kronos 2
SV-1
Roland JX8P
Poly 800
1979 Rhodes Suitcase 88
mid 80's Yamaha CP-70
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know what kind of sound set that is, but that message during the load tells you that it was saved with an earlier firmware version.

The new kronos firmware does indeed show a remap question, this is because the program order of the kronos 2 is different. Just use the guidelines below to select yes or no to that question.

If you have a Kronos 2, then you will get a message during the load process where it asks if you want to remap the sounds. In that case select Yes if you have a kronos 2, because the program order of the kronos 2 is different and then the remapping occurs automatically.

If you have a Kronos 1 or Kronos X then if you get the message during the load process where it asks if you want to remap the sound, then select No, because the kronos 1 and X have the original program order.

Now it could be possible that it will override a kronos 2 program bank, if the default location of that sound set points to an existing one that is in use. I can't check it for you because i don't know that sound set, but if it is overriding a default location then it's easy to remap them. Check tutorial 20 on my site or YouTube channel to see how to do this kind of remapping and loading in different locations
lkvanbelle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:

If you have a Kronos 2, then you will get a message during the load process where it asks if you want to remap the sounds. In that case select Yes if you have a kronos 2, because the program order of the kronos 2 is different and then the remapping occurs automatically.

Now it could be possible that it will override a kronos 2 program bank, if the default location of that sound set points to an existing one that is in use. I can't check it for you because i don't know that sound set, but if it is overriding a default location then it's easy to remap them. Check tutorial 20 on my site or YouTube channel to see how to do this kind of remapping and loading in different locations

I have subscribed to your YouTube channel and will look for tutorial 20.
So you suggest I load the third party pack then move the pack programs to an area that would be unused in the original configuration then reload the original configuration. Or do I have it all wrong??

I can PM you later if that is possible.

Kronos 2
SV-1
Roland JX8P
Poly 800
1979 Rhodes Suitcase 88
mid 80's Yamaha CP-70
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lkvanbelle wrote:
QuiRobinez wrote:

I have subscribed to your YouTube channel and will look for tutorial 20.
So you suggest I load the third party pack then move the pack programs to an area that would be unused in the original configuration then reload the original configuration. Or do I have it all wrong??

I can PM you later if that is possible.

yes, just check what location the sound set is using, if you need to load it in a different bank, then just do that. That's basically all there is too.
It could be that your sound set is using samples (i have no idea), in that case just follow the instructions that you got for the seller of that sound set of how to add it to your autoload KSC section, and you can still load the programs in a different location. That will work.

A lot of these questions are answered in tutorial 20. Although it explains the proces with my own sound sets, the process is the same for other sound sets.
lkvanbelle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You QuiRobinez

Kronos 2
SV-1
Roland JX8P
Poly 800
1979 Rhodes Suitcase 88
mid 80's Yamaha CP-70
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: