Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem in velocity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Problem in velocity Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Jorge Moreno, I have a Triton classic in service, and has the following problem: the speed of the whole keyboard is no more than 120 points midi are not loose keys is the entire keyboard, and aftertouch not going . I can not find solution. I would appreciate a lot to please me assist her, because I need the keyboard regularly and do not know where you can be the problem, because however strong press is no more than 120 or 121 points MIDI velocity, which sounds lose some expressiveness. I tried to play two variables potentiometers inside, next to where the cable is connected aftetouch, but nothing. A level software've tried curves available in the system, either.
Thank you very much in advance.
Jorge Moreno

Hola, me llamo Jorge Moreno, tengo un Tritón clasic en el servicio técnico , y tiene el siguiente problema: la velocidad de todo el teclado no pasa de 120 puntos midi, no son teclas sueltas, es todo el teclado, y el aftertouch tampoco va. No le encuentro solución al problema . Agradeceré mucho que por favor me ayudeis, pues necesito el teclado habitualmente y no se donde puede estar el problema, pues por muy fuerte que pulse no pasa de 120 ó 121 puntos de velocidad midi, con lo que los sonidos pierden parte de la expresividad. He probado a tocar dos potenciometros variables de dentro, al lado de donde va conectado el cable de aftetouch, pero nada. A nivel software ya he probado las curvas disponibles en el sistema, y tampoco.

Muchas gracias por adelantado.

Jorge Moreno
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not strong pressure that will trigger the highest velocity MIDI messages, but striking the keys quickly. The two pots next to the aftertouch connector are for setting the aftertouch. Aftertouch will need to be re-calibrated if the settings have changed.

It is worth trying other velocity curves, using the global menus. Velocity curve number 8 reaches value 127 most quickly. Try this first.

Jorgex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I tried, but loses sensitivity ... and still pass 120-121.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the velocity curve changes being made to pre-MIDI or post-MIDI?
Jorgex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not understand....
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two MIDI velocity curve settings. The pre-MIDI setting determines how the keyboard velocity is translated to MIDI velocity values. The Post-MIDI velocity curve setting determines how incoming MIDI velocity values coming from the keyboard or an external MIDI source are translated before passing to the tone generator. The Triton's own keyboard strikes are translated to MIDI messages using a so-called Transmitted Table and then pass through the post MIDI section where they are modified by the Received Table. The two curves have different shapes. I think for the Triton, when Post-MIDI is selected, keyboard strikes pass through the Transmitted Table set to velocity curve 4, and for Pre-MIDI, the Received Table is set to velocity curve 4, but it may be worth experimenting.

How are your MIDI velocity values being read?

If it is any comfort, I have to hit my 61 keyboard very fast to reach velocity values anywhere close to 127, and need to use velocity curve 7 or 8 to be able to do this easily. With velocity curve set to 4, it is near impossible, and if you have a 73 or 88-key weighted keyboard, it will be even more difficult to hit the top velocities.

Jorgex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks in advance. Where the pre-midi and post-midi values are selected?

in the general settings only see speed curve …

Thx!!!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The velocity curve setting is in Global P0 General Settings, whilst the pre-MIDI and post-MIDI choices are in Global P1 MIDI settings, Convert Position.

Jorgex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks!!!!!
Jorgex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No work…..
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sound like someone mess around with the pots (potentiometers) while unit was open. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgex wrote:
No work…..

Did you find the problem?
I have a simmilar issue with the aftertouch.
Regards!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: