Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

effects pedals with your ms20 mini

View previous topic :: View next topic  
archtype

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: effects pedals with your ms20 mini Reply with quote

what pedals do you guys hook up to your ms20 mini, if any? I've recently been thinking about adding a fuzz or distortion before my mixer, partly to add some dirt, but also to boost the level a bit since it always seems quieter than everything else on my table. looks like a small big muff or thin distortion box would velcro to the top of the mini quite well. thanks y'all.
Steinberger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run my MS-20m through a Vox Tonelab LE for whatever. Sounds great. You can find these around $100-150.
archtype

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be cool, but I'm trying to minimize the size of my setup as much as possible, so that would just be too big and bulky. I have a memory boy+ in my mixer loop, and plan on a kp3+ soon, so i think i really only need some analog dirt to add to the mix. thats why I'm leaning toward a small fuzz box of some sort
Frenzies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How dirty does your sound have to be to need to dirty up an MS20? 😆

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
archtype

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

people used to ask me why i had a boost, distortion, and fuzz on my board when i already had the natural distortion of my Ampeg SVT. Then i proceeded to melt their faces. you can always have more dirt.
Redmond Barry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: effects pedals with your ms20 mini Reply with quote

archtype wrote:
what pedals do you guys hook up to your ms20 mini, if any? I've recently been thinking about adding a fuzz or distortion before my mixer, partly to add some dirt, but also to boost the level a bit since it always seems quieter than everything else on my table. looks like a small big muff or thin distortion box would velcro to the top of the mini quite well. thanks y'all.

I run the MS-20 mini out into its ESP (ESP out to mixer) and turn up the signal it until it peaks to add some great distortion. IMO, just as good as a distortion pedal and already built in! I use a TC Electronic Flashback delay on the MS-20 a lot of the time.
archtype

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that did help with the volume quite a bit, and adds some nice overdrive to the overall sound. thanks a lot man. still lusting for some dirty fuzz though, but in the meantime I'm content
Redmond Barry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it helped. I forgot to suggest my go to distortion pedal for synths: ProCo RAT!
Mutiny in Jonestown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run my MS20 straight into a TC Electronics Fireworx Wink
Past: Moog Taurus Bass Pedals, Yamaha CP-20, DX-100, SY22, Hammond M2, Hohner D6 Clavinet, SCI Pro-One, Crumar Trilogy, Cat Octave, Roland JX-3P, D50, D20, D70, S10, AlphaJuno1, V-Synth, JD800, JP8000, C-80 Digital Harpsichord, Ensoniq Fizmo, Nord Modular, Waldorf Q, DSI PolyEvolver, Emu Vintage Keys, Crumar Trilogy
pugface

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I send mine through a EHX Small Stone Phaser for that authentic phased effect. Excelent on bass and noise patches when combined with the MS20 filter. Also i send it through a small clone chorus unit which is great at retaining the original warmth through the effect. Both of these are 100% insert effects ie. in the full signal path to the mixer.

Also, i use a Behringer EM600 for delay effects which has a very good noisey tape emulator as a send effect within the mixer. The EM600 is quite versatile and easy to use.
http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Guitar/Guitar-Stompboxes/EM600/p/P0539

I also use a tuner which i bought at Lidl for £7. Lol. it does work brill! and it can work from a mic or line out which i hook up to the headphone out of the MS20. It lights up lovely when you tune to the note its programmed to detect.
here is the amazon version which badge labelled under musedo.
http://www.amazon.com/Musedo-Metronome-Generator-Guitar-ukulele/dp/B00AAOKJYS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: