Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Music Website

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: New Music Website Reply with quote

A few friends of mine have started creating a new music website. I would like to offer them some input from our forum. Very Happy

So basically, what would you like to see? What features would interest you: music news, collaboration opportunities, links to music resources, blogs? The sky's the limit right now, so by all means... let the discussion begin.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm sure a few folks have some input to share. Don't be shy....

Laughing
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instrument Integration Point video presentations

IMO, it would be cool to have URL links on your site that would show various educational presentation video's on folks actually connecting instruments together correctly in a chain (USB, MIDI IN or Out or Thru etc...) and explaining why.

For example how do you connect Kronos to ARP or an ARP to a Mother-32 or a Kronos to a Moogerfooger or an ARP to a Minilogue or a Minilogue to a Mother-32 etc ... and why, what's the expected outcome, outside of frying a chip or two.
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly do you mean by a music website? Will this be one where people can talk about music, like what's a new release? Or will it be more gear oriented. I've always been curious about what was used to record the album with a particularly great interest in the instruments. That and the recording processes.
I do suggest that you try to keep discussions about politics and religions out though. People tend to get angry if you upset them regarding these subjects.
I also know that these topics come up in music too.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions. Very Happy
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
What exactly do you mean by a music website? Will this be one where people can talk about music, like what's a new release? Or will it be more gear oriented. I've always been curious about what was used to record the album with a particularly great interest in the instruments. That and the recording processes..

All of the above and more... informational site, blogs, news, etc. Not a forum. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: