Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Low volume on keyboard playback?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikaia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Low volume on keyboard playback? Reply with quote

Hi there. I just bought this Microsampler off Ebay and un-boxed it today. My problem is that my keyboard volume is so low it hardly registers on my mixer. There was another thread that had the same issue but it seems the op abandoned his question. I'll answer the questions that were posed to him to add more insight. This problem stands whether I pull my output from the headphone jack or the standard 1/4" phono outputs. This is probably a setting I'm missing or something. The ROM bank as well as patterns in the other banks work well... about the same output levels of my other synth's and keyboards. If I try a dub or rehearse with the keyboard while a pattern is playing you can't even hear the notes from the keys. If I then switch off the pattern you can barely hear the notes. Oddly I can get full keyboard volume when in the ROM bank until I start a pattern and try to either dub or rehearse it.. Any ideas ?.. thanks. One other thing... how do you do a factory reset on this.... another thanks...
nikaia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: I found a work around.. Reply with quote

I'm still not sure why I'm having these audio level problems but I decided to run it through a preamp ahead of my mixer and its usable now. I've been kind of wanting a decent preamp lately and now I have a good reason to search one out. Input and output impedance is a strange character and a preamps a good thing to have around anyway. I'm still open to any thoughts you might have though as I really think this thing was built with line level control in it. All the best.. Nikaia PS.. I'm still interested in whether there is a reset on these...? Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: