Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone on Sound/ Patch design???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
valhalla

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Anyone on Sound/ Patch design??? Reply with quote

I'm trying to find someone that knows anything about sound / patch design, preferably on the Korg Triton or the EXB-Moss board for the Triton. If you know anything will you please respond to this post? It would be great to get a correspondence with someone about sound design but if you don't want to be bothered I would appreciate some information on how to get the information I need. Either no one knows how to design patches or every one is extremely anal about giving anything up about it....Smile

Thank you!

VH
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must've missed this thread.

Best intro to subtractive synthesis:

http://www.angelfire.com/in2/yala/2ansynth.htm
valhalla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! It's hard to find good information on this.....
Triton76

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently applied some things I learned programming rhythmic patches on the DSI MOPHO to the MOSS synth. each synth has osc/subosc/noise and 4 LFOs.
in MOSS edit select 'basic' and go the the mixer tab. Mixer 1 is above and mixer 2 below. I turned everything off on mixer 2. In mixer one assign different LFOs to trigger the sub osc (kick sound) and noise (snare sound). level sliders should be at zero and amounts should be pretty high. you can fine tune that mix later.
In the LFO section make sure they are tempo synced at the bottom of the page and fiddle with waveform and note value options til you hear a rhythm you like. for example a square wave to the sub osc will give you a boom boom boom rhythm. I set the noise much faster and got a shaker vibe on one patch and a snare on another.
then back at the mixer tab in basic trigger the osc 1 and 2 with EGs and I set them a couple octaves apart too. anyway you end up with four disticnt sounds in your patch. you can play a bass rhythm with your left hand and I got a short percussive bell like sound up in the high notes. I used the last lfo for panning added some tempo synced phaser and sequence delay etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MOSS Option All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: