Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA4X BAD LCD OPTIMIZATION (TOO BAD FROM A DEVELOPMENT TEAM)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's what I was getting at in my previous post, Pete. Right now, having two widely different sized images to look at, it's a non-comparative.

I've seen a Pa900 screen in the flesh and had no difficulty seeing what was there. I was under the impression that the Pa4x shared the same screen as the Pa900.

Cheers, Giner Smile
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Giner - exactly what I was getting at too....

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Vex

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

Do PA3Xle/PA600/PA900 owners share the same screen resolution concerns?

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

Maybe they do,but they paid for their keyboards half and more than a half price of Pa4x ... So ,in that price range,that kind of display could be ok? (But it is certainly not in 2013-14-15 when we have 720p/1080p/2k displays on a mobile phones)

karmathanever : Are you Korg's lawyer on this forum maybe? As I'm reading your posts i got that impression.Sorry in advance if I'm wrong. You are always defend Korg like they never make mistakes and everything is perfect on their side - although users with explanations and proofs says that there is a space for make things better - for us, KORG USERS . ( I'm not talking about this thread only, I got that conclusion writing and spending time on Pa3x and Pa4x forum section)

konio124 has perfectly described what is going on with graphic on Pa4x display... And that's for a PREMIUM - FLAGSHIP -PRICE RANGE model - UNACCEPTABLE. Period.

And please stop persuade us that this (upscaling resolution) is fine and that we shouldn't talk about it and making complains.
korgpask

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try video OUT. The resolution was very bad on all video cards.
Cell phone, car navigation and other cheaper devices have higher resolution and more beautiful picture.

Korg PA800, Pa900, Pa3X and Pa4X video without changes. The quality of the same.
It's poor quality. The essential purpose of the meet. Also, I expected more from the video.
cobay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would share some pictures with pa3x and pa4x display but I saw that other users got the job done.
It's ashame that such an expensive arranger with a decent display ( i think ), has a low resolution output.
The result is: blurred images/fonts. Pa3x display is a low res display but is sharp.
All korg customer asked here from developers was a higher resolution displayed on the screen. A resolution equal with the display's native resolution.

I don't want to offend anyone, but i spent 3000euro on my pa3x 76 2 years ago and I was satisfied. I spent 4000 euro on my pa4x 76 two weeks ago, and so far I'm not satisfied. Resolution is just one major problem...

My advice for pa3x users is to postpone pa4x upgrade until some bugs will be solved. For the moment I still use my pa3x...
Filipe Tomas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi friend, there is a picture with sames size to compare, please zoom it.

VS

When we use alive PA4X image are blur and eyes are tired more quickly than PA3. Is like letter type in PA4X have 2 layers off shadows by the pixel's.

And maybe yes, there are upscaling in "brute force"

Nothing better that check differences alive or ask to more user's.

Thanks
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vex wrote:
Are you Korg's lawyer on this forum maybe? As I'm reading your posts i got that impression.Sorry in advance if I'm wrong. You are always defend Korg like they never make mistakes and everything is perfect on their side - although users with explanations and proofs says that there is a space for make things better - for us, KORG USERS .

Hi Vex
No, I have nothing to do with nor any connection with Korg.
I would love to earn a lawyer's wage!!! Wink

All of my comments are based on my many years of experience playing arranger keyboards and also based on the fact that I have owned Korg arrangers since they introduced the i3.
I get accused of being biased - well I can be because I find the Korg arrangers to be brilliant.

Taking this topic as an example:-
I am seriously considering getting the PA4X BUT I seriously want to find out about this "screen" issue. I realise that the only way for me to judge is to actually play one - unlikely for me in the short term as Australia is not well support with new Korg arrangers.
My position with Korg arrangers is that I cannot find anything better and more usable.
If Casio produce a better arranger, trust me, I'll buy it.

Some people like to whinge - fact of life - and that's fine. If Korg did produce a PA that satisfied everyone's need, I guarantee you that someone will complain about the colour Wink

So, in summary to your question:-
I have nothing to do with Korg
I think their products are outstanding
I think their support (Korg Italy) is outstanding
I think they are way above and ahead of other manufacturers

I am very grateful to all the great members on this forum that provide so much important information.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Filipe for the pictures
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Well said, Pete.

^ Filipe, now that you've posted similar size photos, I do see what you are getting at. There is a difference in sharpness between the two screens, fairly marginal though.

When I looked at a Pa900 in the showroom, I must say I didn't pick up on any fuzziness in the characters. Seeing the two screens side by side in your photos does illustrate your point - but I still don't think it would be enough to bother me. (We're all different, I guess.)

Cheers Smile
Vex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

Taking this topic as an example:-
I am seriously considering getting the PA4X BUT I seriously want to find out about this "screen" issue. I realise that the only way for me to judge is to actually play one - unlikely for me in the short term as Australia is not well support with new Korg arrangers.

Ok, if is so, when you do own Pa4x and play ,then we can talk equally in this thread ,and only then you will be objective with this peace of Korg model . I OWN Pa4x for 2 weeks now,and believe me, talking about this screen issue- SCREEN/DISPLAY IS A FAR AWAY THAN OUTSTANDING.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Thing is for Sure, YES i like Korg KB,s. BUT this time the pa 4X series is not we all expected, And i think it,s because of the expectations we had.

I do not blame us, it,s 2015, We like to have better RAM, better ROM better onboard Sound etc,
LCD , well if you buy a DVD player whit screen for car use in traveling , 49,99 only and YES the screen is faaaaaaaaaar better.

if you buy a mini PC,199 dollars i 3,8 GB ram, And Great Display.

Any game unit(HANDHOLD) PSP etc, 139 Euros The Screen is Amazing.
Asus Tablets les than 150 Euros the same JUST AMAZING, Fast and incredible resolution .
Samsung 10 inch Tablet 100 Euros, WELL, 32 GB of ram and great Unit for any kind of music app

IPAD, Mini 200 Euors , AND YES its also AMAZING fast and great ram and Resolution.

KORG PA4X 2015, Price 3800 Euros, Well just 400 mb RAM,
No god Screen and lot of missing things in OS, Well Please forgive me KORG.

If i,m wrong than just Kick me from this planet Smile

I love KORG, and i do respect the KORG team,

in the same time i remember another company , That had a great KB whit superb things on it 1998,
Just look at the ROLAND G series of Synths, The Screen is the best ever on a Synth.
Kronos is so close to Korg PA, Why not use the same Display?
in the end they did not use Motorised Displays So KORG did save on that, So i really do not understand why they not make Better this time, 2015 is not my KB year, but i,m happy married Wink
I have my pa3X And i don't think i will buy 4X at this stage to many things that i,m not satisfied whit.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vex wrote:
Ok, if is so, when you do own Pa4x and play ,then we can talk equally in this thread ,and only then you will be objective with this peace of Korg model . I OWN Pa4x for 2 weeks now,and believe me, talking about this screen issue- SCREEN/DISPLAY IS A FAR AWAY THAN OUTSTANDING.

I hear you Vex - never disputed it - I am ahead of buying and am fact collecting - this screen resolution issue which seems to be concerning some owners is something I will seriously look at before buying.
So I appreciate this information.

Asena:-
If the PA4X screen is rubbish, then I will not buy it, however to compare it to a game machine/tablet/PC is irrelevant unless it is important to constantly read/stare at the screen.
BUT - as I say, if it is rubbish then..... I now need to see it - Filipe's pics are a good indication that it might be a concern.

It's completely cool that you don't like the PA4X and likewise, if I don't like it and its changes, I will not buy this time around - but like all the previous model updates, I will give it a fair trial.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
ecca

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Pa4x Screen Optimization Reply with quote

I cannott beleive over 40 replies have wasted so much time on this
subject.
Can you see the screen ? can you read everything on it ?
This is a super instrument for making music, get on and play it !.
ecca.
Vex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Pa4x Screen Optimization Reply with quote

ecca wrote:
I cannott beleive over 40 replies have wasted so much time on this
subject.
Can you see the screen ? can you read everything on it ?
This is a super instrument for making music, get on and play it !.
ecca.

I can not believe that you are missing the point here. Arranger keyboard is not just an instrument for making music ,it is more than that, so , good display is a must ,because we spend menu hours watching in that same display editing and making stlyes.

Why don't you use Nokia 3310 or similar for internet browsing now? You can see the screen and read on it,too??? Why you are now using 4-5+" HD display for making calls??? Shall we make that comparison?

How can you see things so simple? I can not making music with a knowledge that I have spent nearly 4000 euros in a semi-product.

I just have hope that all this is a software thing and that future updated will solve all of this.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I tend to agree with ecca , let's see the actual 7 inches content of Pa4X screen pixels with no frame in natural size.
Also consider photo flares of capturing screen that adds a little distortion !

You can compare screen only with Pa600/900/Le models that have the same new Linux OS specific fonts that this problem
of yours is mainly focused.
Under my estimation , screen analysis is very decent for a lower resolution 7" screen if you carefully remark PNG graphics
except some icons that seem to have unexpected low resolution , but all can be easily fixed by an OS update pack that
contains all of them !

UMHO , this is a lower significance sin of Pa4X compared to others and a very possible new OS compression support of 400 Mb
to 800 Mb Ram might make you totally forget this at all (though I'd prefer DFD streaming) !
This is my speculation , since after so far OS unpacking , all Linux OS from Pa600 and then , have an existing but not enabled
compression rutine programming code !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: