Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG KIDDING US! PA3X IS BETTER THAN 4?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think that KORG PA4X worth buying?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 29 ]
No
51%
 51%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 60

siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Pa4x - Missing Auto-Select and Fill/Mode Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Understand BUT we do not have the manuals yet.
Keep you eyes open for the technical specs - I'm sure we'll have them in time for the official shipment in November.

In specification of Pa4x-QuickGuide one can not find anything about FillMode or about Auto Select-feature.

That's a bad sign when missing in the quick-guide - hard to believe that one has forgotten it only there.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually, if something isn't specifically mentioned, it is reasonable to assume that it remains from the previous generation if not superseded by a new feature which makes it less necessary.

Of course, MAYBE things have utterly changed... But on the whole, unless something new takes over the previous function (or it received little use), it's safe enough to assume something like it still exists.

For instance, although the fill modes were dropped in the last generational change, the auto-fill system was added, and in the large majority of users' needs (particularly as how the number of fills was doubled), was not needed so much, and met common standards used in most other arrangers' feature sets (it's important to make the transition from one brand to another easy, to encourage people to change to Korg's).

You guys don't know how lucky you are! Every Roland arranger series is a crapshoot of new features added and totally unrelated great features dropped..! Rolling Eyes You could actually build a really good arranger simply by using stuff Roland have dropped (and never returned, unlike the Chord Sequencer!). Korg is the model of consistency by comparison! Twisted Evil
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Pa4x - Missing Auto-Select and Fill/Mode Reply with quote

Pa3X had auto-fill and also fill-mode.

Pa4x coming without fill-mode and there is nothing that was added for this.
Simply this feature is dropped as one can see in detailed specification of quick-guide.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pa4x coming without fill-mode and there is nothing that was added for this.

Please give us a link to the detailed specs you clearly have.

Thanks

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Pa4x - spec Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
..Please give us a link to the detailed specs you clearly have.

http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/516/2549/
http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/pa4x/page_3.php
http://www.korg.com/filedl/e155dc69029c9173477b751236384e18/840/download.php

= detailled specs in english at the end of quick-guide, also available in other languages. seems that specs are detailled, because also features like "Drum Mapping, Snare & Kick Designation etc" are mentioned.

as already begun Pa900/600 etc, the possibilities of the style controls shrink and disappear quietly - sorry - also with pa4x a step back in the development.

it is not so important to multipy the number of styles, it is more important to expand functionality of style-play-machine.

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sieben - I already have this but from your comments I thought you might have seen the detailed manuals.

I think those will define what is in and what is out.
I am hoping they make them available soon especially as the PA4X is due to ship in just a few weeks.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Thanks Sieben - I already have this but from your comments I thought you might have seen the detailed manuals.

I think those will define what is in and what is out.
I am hoping they make them available soon especially as the PA4X is due to ship in just a few weeks.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

Quite right, we seem to be jumping to conclusion on prerelease documentation.

However we can also blame Korg for this, having different information on their localised websites is not a smart thing..

Korg really should have taken the time to atleast read the questions of the userbase, and probably should have andwered them. The way they handled this release so far is way to chaotic and feels very unprofessionall, espescially when you consider that the pa4x is more expensive then any other korg product available
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep!!
Why does Korg suck at their marketing of arrangers?
Just look at Kronos - awesome demos, tutorials, mountains of information and details etc…
Arrangers - close to nothing - even today, go find a great PA3X demo - not there - oh yes, some really nice owner videos, but where are Korg's true promotional demos?

Where I am located the "Korg arranger" is an "IF YOU WANT ONE, WE'LL ORDER IT IN" keyboard - no-one really cares about selling them or stocking them.
Several years ago Korg used to run product roadshows across Australia (Roland too - awesome) - I bought my Korg i30 based on a roadshow demo - nothing at all since then.
I am really concerned that I will not get to actually play a PA4X for a very long time. It is only recently that PA3X has appeared in local retailers here.
I actually bought my PA3X based on these forums - never got to try one first - it was a super successful risk but I'm not doing that again.

I realise the costs involved in roadshows BUT some serious demos (covering all levels of potential owners) are desperately needed.

I rely now on you great people for your feedback and great tips, tricks and information.
If it wasn't for these forums I doubt Korg would sell many arrangers and I'd probably be missing out and sitting in a corner with a Tyros. Wink

Cheers

Pete
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Yep!!
Why does Korg suck at their marketing of arrangers?
Just look at Kronos - awesome demos, tutorials, mountains of information and details etc…
Arrangers - close to nothing - even today, go find a great PA3X demo - not there - oh yes, some really nice owner videos, but where are Korg's true promotional demos?

Where I am located the "Korg arranger" is an "IF YOU WANT ONE, WE'LL ORDER IT IN" keyboard - no-one really cares about selling them or stocking them.
Several years ago Korg used to run product roadshows across Australia (Roland too - awesome) - I bought my Korg i30 based on a roadshow demo - nothing at all since then.
I am really concerned that I will not get to actually play a PA4X for a very long time. It is only recently that PA3X has appeared in local retailers here.
I actually bought my PA3X based on these forums - never got to try one first - it was a super successful risk but I'm not doing that again.

I realise the costs involved in roadshows BUT some serious demos (covering all levels of potential owners) are desperately needed.

I rely now on you great people for your feedback and great tips, tricks and information.
If it wasn't for these forums I doubt Korg would sell many arrangers and I'd probably be missing out and sitting in a corner with a Tyros. Wink

Cheers

Pete

I dont think it will last long before they close down Korg Italy and move arranger development to Japan..

Arrangers are these days mostly a thing of asia, middle east and such for Korg... Us western arranger players will soon me a small and old minorrity.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to tell your local sales company how unhappy you are with their marketing of Korg products see this page for contact info ...

http://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/

As far as I can see Korg corporate possibly 'controls' 3 distributor/sales operations, USA, UK and (probably) Japan.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa4x - spec Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
karmathanever wrote:
..Please give us a link to the detailed specs you clearly have.

http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/516/2549/
http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/pa4x/page_3.php
http://www.korg.com/filedl/e155dc69029c9173477b751236384e18/840/download.php

= detailled specs in english at the end of quick-guide, also available in other languages. seems that specs are detailled, because also features like "Drum Mapping, Snare & Kick Designation etc" are mentioned.

as already begun Pa900/600 etc, the possibilities of the style controls shrink and disappear quietly - sorry - also with pa4x a step back in the development.

it is not so important to multipy the number of styles, it is more important to expand functionality of style-play-machine.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but page 9 of the PA4X quick guide clearly shows 4 fill buttons to the right of 4 variation buttons and an Auto-Fill button. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
squeezebox2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Slider Volume quirey Reply with quote

The volume sliders seem to have changed priority from the established aplications since the Pa1x??

Slider 3 is now set as Pad2/Perc instead of ACC/Perc. This suggest to me that it is no longer possible to increace/decrease the volume of the ACC on the fly as can be done with the Drum and Base sliders. It is true you can now mute the ACC totaly from the Volumes page but this is not as effective as gradual increase/decrease.

The loss of this feature would be a big loss for me, but I may be the only one!! Hope there is still someway of achieving it.

Ken
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Pa4x - Missing Auto-Select and Fill/Mode Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but page 9 of the PA4X quick guide clearly shows 4 fill buttons to the right of 4 variation buttons and an Auto-Fill button.

Never made a bubble about fill-buttons or auto-fill button, but only about fill-mode. Maybe you do not know what fill-mode means, but be so kind and try to read that in Pa3x-Manual, Page 134 (also possible in Pa800-manuals, Pa500-manuals).

Fill-mode means to use parameters to set variation to be automatically selected at the end of each of the Fills - missing in Pa4x (Pa900 etc).

siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Grouped Sliders missing in Pa4x Reply with quote

squeezebox2 wrote:
The loss of this feature would be a big loss for me, but I may be the only one!! Hope there is still someway of achieving it.

You are not the only one - do not believe that. But there seems to be a great group celebrating novelties even also if one can see no progress in development, while it is easy to notice what features of the past are missing (loss of feature as you mentioned) in newer productline.

To easily turn on or off any style track while you are playing - for example muting all accompaniment tracks, while drums and bass continue to play - is nothing new or additional in Pa4x, but there is missing possibility also to adjust volume instead simple reduction to on/off since last product-line (like Pa900).

With Pa3x/Pa800/Pa500 and older models one could use "grouped" StyleTracks to adjust or mute/unmute all Style-Tracks that was seen in volume panel as three "grouped" Tracks.

And it is the same with lost functions (Auto-Select, Fill-Mode) and missing buttons to get better direct-access to sounds and parameters during live-play or style-play.

Last edited by siebenhirter on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa4x - Missing Auto-Select and Fill/Mode Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Thoraldus wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but page 9 of the PA4X quick guide clearly shows 4 fill buttons to the right of 4 variation buttons and an Auto-Fill button.

Never made a bubble about fill-buttons or auto-fill button, but only about fill-mode. Maybe you do not know what fill-mode means, but be so kind and try to read that in Pa3x-Manual, Page 134 (also possible in Pa800-manuals, Pa500-manuals).

Fill-mode means to use parameters to set variation to be automatically selected at the end of each of the Fills - missing in Pa4x (Pa900 etc).

OK ... I understand. A way to pre-program what Var plays after a given fill is played. That's what I do now on the PA600 with my fingers in real time. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: