Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now it's October!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robosardine wrote:
Thumbs Up
After all that fuss as well!....... October has come and gone and so have my Volcas- (Bass & Keys.... I never fancied the Beats in the first place). I think I may have been expecting too much... perhaps. In particular the bass. I was hoping for a rasping, bleeping, growling beast- like a Monotribe with big horns on and slavering fangs that would need to be held with two hands at all times...... It's sound is too thin for me- the filter is awful- it's just not up to it. I'm not surprised that there hasn't been too many exited posts raving about it. I have sold mine and invested in a Waldorf Rocket instead. I'll let you all know how I get on with it if you like. I have just ordered it a few minutes ago.
If you feel the same way my advice would be too sell now whilst others are still hunting for them.
I would also advise anyone thinking about buying them to think again- perhaps the Rocket would be for you?

Fair play man. For me though it gonna be the Arturia Microbrute. The volcas , when you consider the price they offer great value but in the end they are a very cheap budget synth & no'one should expect too much more from them. I bought the beats even AFTER thinking it wasn't too good but i figured it would be better in the flesh so i gave it a chance. I modded it, individual outs, midi out & when i was done i decided it wasn't better after all. I put it in a cupboard ! Put simply, i just don't rate it but i'm optimistic that it will have some use eventually. The sounds are much better though through the individual outs, i'll grant it that.
Wink
button

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still interested in the bass and keys. I love my monotrons with their noisey budget analog sounds, nice little tone generators. I've never owned a plush expensive analog synth before and I'm sure I'd love them but I think for what you pay you do get something useable, even if it is a little lo-fi, they are what they are.
I'd like to try the keys plugged into my midi keyboard, I've gotten interesting sounds from the monotrons sampled so I'm sure I'd be just as happy with the volca sounds. All the videos of the volca bass sound fine to me I dunno *shrugs*. once they drop down to around 100bux each then I'll consider them. sucks korg didn't offer a more useable power solution themselves, that was disappointing and a little off putting. how hard would it be for them to make a daisy chain cable than can power more than one?
analoguekid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine still hasn't arrived at the shop, they are saaying its now week comencing 16th, trouble is now that I have read a lot of these problems with glitches etc. I am not sure if I want one. If its not here by 16th I think that'll make my mind up and its something else with the cash. I quite fancy a Boss Giga delay pedal for some long loop fun:-)
jvd1291

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got the two least popular(it seems) of the volcas, the Bass and the Beats, and honestly i think they are awesome. I haven't yet actually made them do anything cohesive together, as i am still getting used to using synths in general, but the bass has what i would call the capability to be punch, and swirly and wierd, while the beats seems profoundly good at producing groovy wierd little rasta beats(the pcm agogo and klave sound neat when slowed down).
analoguekid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just collected my Keys from PMT birmingham, and sat in the van for a while having a little play, after putting the bats in:-) looking forward to getting in the "The Playhouse" tonight for a noodle. Hope mine hasn't got all the glitches that you guys have been posting about, or it'll be on evilbay before long if it has!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: