Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can Kronos' piano play ppp convincingly?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Lando wrote:
and I doubt noone in their right mind would say that it at least outclasses the Kronos pianos (who sounds amazing)

I would. But that's just because I know what's coming up from Modartt. Wink

Ooohh we have a Pianoteq beta tester amongst us. Shocked Cool

Regards
Sharp.

No surprise, EvilDragon is a cool guy on the Pianoteq forums too. I'm sure you're having fun with it, ED Very Happy
peter_schwartz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrricky rrrecordo wrote:
I veil nothing. I just calls 'em as I sees 'em Very Happy

Yeah, OK, but what is it exactly that you're calling? Specs on paper leading you to hypothetical conclusions? It's kind of like paint chips. You never really know how the color's going to look unless you slap some up on the wall. But you're all ready to say that the color sucks based on a 2" square of paint. Not sure what point that serves any conversations about the Kronos. But then again, you did say...

rrricky rrrecordo wrote:
However, from my own personal point of view and circumstances, Kronos is redundant and of little benefit to me.

...so I rest my case.
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrricky rrrecordo wrote:
When I get a few smiles out of my autistic clients, our teams of support workers smile as well. When I can get one of these clients to sing songs they heard twenty years ago, word for word, with pure joy in their eyes and bodies, we have renewed hope. When I see a client perform a Beethoven sonata, or analyze a complex jazz progression (as my special friend Aaron regularly does in his monosyllabic manner), I see God.

The best music isn't in a workstation. It's in the mind.

+1

If I were Korg I would donate these people - doctors, therapists, sick - with instruments, especially a Kronos now. (Maybe Korg are already doing this kind of charity.) Good for Korg to help healing the sick, also a very convincing ad, good for the sick and good for Ricky (to try the ppp). I'm not kidding at all, I mean it.

Love and help each other is the most we can do in this world.

Off topic but I post here as food for thought: have you seen this incredible man, Nick Vujicic?

More of him, worths watching:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxlJWJ_WfA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DcqPzO26os
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ZuKF3dxCY
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter_schwartz wrote:
rrricky rrrecordo wrote:

Yeah, OK, but what is it exactly that you're calling? Specs on paper leading you to hypothetical conclusions? It's kind of like paint chips. You never really know how the color's going to look unless you slap some up on the wall. But you're all ready to say that the color sucks based on a 2" square of paint. Not sure what point that serves any conversations about the Kronos. But then again, you did say...

rrricky rrrecordo wrote:
However, from my own personal point of view and circumstances, Kronos is redundant and of little benefit to me.

...so I rest my case.

Well Peter, I have access to all the same media that most everyone else who has an opinion about Kronos has, so I've seen - and heard - more than "specs on paper". I've played an OASYS many times over the last few years, and I own and use the original Korg Legacy Collection, so I think I have a good understanding of the sonic output that Kronos is capable of producing, apart from the piano engines. I have some pretty good benchmarks to compare the pianos to though, once I get to test drive a Kronos firsthand. Perhaps I will be pleasantly surprised.

You seem to enjoy diminishing the value of my opinions in regard to what I've learned about Kronos at every turn.

What else is new? Very Happy
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Akos. Beautiful links.

I facilitate a group music session every Tuesday morning at a local Community Living center, where we get around thirty - sometimes fewer, sometimes more - individuals with special needs. It's always a rewarding, uplifting and humbling experience for me. It's amazing what can be done even with a simple Yamaha PSR3000!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrricky rrrecordo wrote:
peter_schwartz wrote:
rrricky rrrecordo wrote:

rrricky rrrecordo wrote:

...so I rest my case.

Well Peter, I have access to all the same media that most everyone else who has an opinion about Kronos has, so I've seen - and heard - more than "specs on paper". I've played an OASYS many times over the last few years, and I own and use the original Korg Legacy Collection, so I think I have a good understanding of the sonic output that Kronos is capable of producing, apart from the piano engines. I have some pretty good benchmarks to compare the pianos to though, once I get to test drive a Kronos firsthand. Perhaps I will be pleasantly surprised.

You seem to enjoy diminishing the value of my opinions in regard to what I've learned about Kronos at every turn.

What else is new? Very Happy

"rrricky rrrecordo wrote:
However, from my own personal point of view and circumstances, Kronos is redundant and of little benefit to me."

ricky, why are you wasting time on the Kronos forum ?

Bored ?
Smile
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I have cancellations and breaks and such Very Happy
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrricky rrrecordo wrote:
Ya, I have cancellations and breaks and such Very Happy

ok, the Kronos forum is just lucky because of that
Smile
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akos Janca wrote:
rrricky rrrecordo wrote:
When I get a few smiles out of my autistic clients, our teams of support workers smile as well. When I can get one of these clients to sing songs they heard twenty years ago, word for word, with pure joy in their eyes and bodies, we have renewed hope. When I see a client perform a Beethoven sonata, or analyze a complex jazz progression (as my special friend Aaron regularly does in his monosyllabic manner), I see God.

The best music isn't in a workstation. It's in the mind.

+1

If I were Korg I would donate these people - doctors, therapists, sick - with instruments, especially a Kronos now. (Maybe Korg are already doing this kind of charity.) Good for Korg to help healing the sick, also a very convincing ad, good for the sick and good for Ricky (to try the ppp). I'm not kidding at all, I mean it.

Love and help each other is the most we can do in this world.

Off topic but I post here as food for thought: have you seen this incredible man, Nick Vujicic?

More of him, worths watching:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxlJWJ_WfA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DcqPzO26os
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ZuKF3dxCY

Great links Akos - great man, great mind and great heart. Inspirational.
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Neil and Ricky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: