Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORGS New Promo to end users!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrinithan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got myself an answer today. A short and evasive answer that did not really address to my question. Guess I hit a sore spot Laughing

I asked:
At Korg USA there's currently an anniversary of the workstation with a few selected special deals on the M3. Why aren't you celebrating?

They answered:
These special offers are US only.

I have replied with this (no answer yet):
Yes thank you, I know that already. That's not what I was asking. I would like to know why you aren't celebrating this anniversary with your own special offers?
Dr.InnoVation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorenzo wrote:
Diego wrote:

I know it's the biggest market on the world, but can korg start trying to think that EVERYONE in the world pay instruments like US pepole?!?!

you're wrong here... we pay korg products more than US people...
regards, Lorenzo

Of course you pay more than the US does.....Your currency is worth something!!!

Meanwhile my dollar over here in the states is worth 60 cents!
SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=868853
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Maybe I should study economy again... but if Euro is down we pay more than the US every kind of product, if Euro is up we still pay more than the US every kind of product... I can't really get the point... I only know that buying from "advertise mode on" www.altomusic.org "advertise mode off" I usually pay a lot less than here in Italy adding the shipping and the tax too...
So since me (private) can do this, I can't understand why our prices are so high.
Regards, Lorenzo
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a *FREE* £400 Moss Board with my Triton Studio a few years back, don't think U.S customers got that deal did they? I suppose EU/Britain etc (as well as Austrailial, Africa, etc) may have their turn if paitient enough, but may be a different offer....

AB

JOHN 3:16
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote to Korg.it, asking if they are going to do similar offers...
They answered me quickly and kindly, telling that they aren't going to do any offer, but they are going to do a tour around the Italy with great players demontrating Korg products...
I must admit I was quite "bastard" because I haven't been not that nice (answering back to their answer), but I saied: I already know Korg product and I'm sure that you're endorsed by great musicians...But viewing them playing always the same things from day to day is not going to make me save money.
They have been so kind once again, but the conclusion is that they are not going to do any discount or special offer!

regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
Kerzwhile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well why dont all you Euro boys come HERE and buy it!! Your money is worth a HELL of alot more that ours, so its a win win for you!! Wonder if Sweetwater ships internationally???? Shocked
MY Weapons of choice: K2600X, Oasys88, PC3X, K2661, V-Synth, MotifESR, ZR-76, TS-12, VFX, EPS16+,ESQ-1, ESQ-1R, Emu Xtreme Lead, SCI Six Trak, HR-16, Kurzweil Mark 150 Baby Grand and 2 D1600's synced!!!
http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=kerzwhile
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is an interesting news... but as private we have to add 20% to the cost... plus shipping and taxes... so since many of your product has different power supply too... well it's difficult to buy there...
thrinithan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You US residents thinks there is no problem ordering from you. Just send a mail and it's done. Well it's not so easy.

I've called the Swedish customs office and asked how much I would need to pay to get the M3 into Sweden from the US. The M3 costs about $3500 and the shipping to Sweden would be around $300 according to www.usps.com. On top of this I have to add 28.2% (25% VAT and 3.2% customs fee). This will land the total amount around $5000 which happens to be more than I would need to pay if I order from www.thomann.de. Besides the cost... I get a 3 year warranty from Thomann.de and only 1 year warranty from a US store.

Want more...? If I then would want to use the discount to collect my "free" radias-r I would need to pay for it. The Radias-r is worth about $1500 and it would need to go through the same procedure as the M3... 28.2% in customs + the shipping cost doesn't seem "free" to me.. or does it?

So you're thinking I might just take the $500 refund instead... right? Well considering all the extra money I need to pay to get it through customs I would only make a small profit on it... and by small I mean way to small to give up 3 years of warranty.

Oh and by the way... How much do you think we would have to pay to ship the M3 back if it were anything wrong with it. I get free return shipping from thomann.de if there's anything wrong with my M3 during the warranty time.

And now you are all thinking. What the hell! They have great support, 3 years warranty what is he complaining about? I'm complaining because www.thomann.de have GREAT offers on different brands BESIDES this great customer service they offer. Korg on the other hand... can't even manage to cough up a discount (not necessarily the one you have) to us European customers while they apparently put big effort on you US residents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: