Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Download Section
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthjoe wrote:
Yep, double-posting is not very courteous.

And neither is thread hijacking
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
jetskijerry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your response. I have tried to use the syx, files with a midi-interface, and it still doesn't go through. The interface has a yellow, red and green light, and when I go to send sysex at the command window, the light turns green, and the data goes through rather quickly. I tried send/receive sysex, and it gives me six codes. Is there something else I need to do?
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:

Hmmm.... You've got me thinking, but inconclusive: how could it have been done better? I sure would like to learn if you're willing to share the solution (in another thread, maybe?), but others might benefit, too. Or am I the only ignorant one? Smile
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthjoe wrote:
X-Trade wrote:

Hmmm.... You've got me thinking, but inconclusive: how could it have been done better? I sure would like to learn if you're willing to share the solution (in another thread, maybe?), but others might benefit, too. Or am I the only ignorant one? Smile

jetskijerry responded to an old thread regarding the Downloads section. Rather than creating a new thread in the appropriate section, or at least responding to a more recent and more relevant thread...

This thread wasn't about getting midiox to work, or anything else to do with the M1. but by tacking an only slightly related (or completely unrelated sometimes) question on the end, changed the subject. This is called thread hijacking...

Not that I have anything against new members or helping find the information they are looking for. But one has to wonder sometimes how you end up with situations like these. I would never have thought posting a question on the end of something unrelated would be very productive...
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, 'Download Section' does not have much to do with syx transfer problems - so better would have been to open a new thread wih an appropriate title once the problem has changed - or even better finding one with pretty much the same problem and post to that.

I, for one do not like to start new threads, because there are many thousands and I'm sure that 30+k users in almost 10 years must have already discussed what I want to know, so search is my first attempt - and then picking up the topic closest to the subject I'm into.

But I guess we can agree that picking up an old and unrelated topic is definitively the least effective of it all - much more so than a new thread, for example.

Indeed, thanks for helping my mind to solve this riddle! Smile
jetskijerry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry I have caused you all to argue about the proper threads. I just need some help to get the original sounds back in my M-1. If anyone can help, I will greatly appreciate it.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskijerry, it is not a problem. Just a healthy discussion on the nature of posting.

I suggest you post in this section:
Quote:
Korg Synths (General)
Discussion relating to all other KORG synth related products that don’t have a dedicated section. For example, OASYS PCI, M1, N Series, 01W series, T series, and more…

Where users with the same product may be able to help more.
synthjoe also pointed you in the direction of a thread where someone had the same problem: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=62207&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
Might be a good idea to have a read through it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: