Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VISTA OR HASTA LA VISTA?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

VISTA or hasta la VISTA
Yeah, sure thing, I'll buy that....
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Ditch that Bull, no way....
67%
 67%  [ 25 ]
What PC?
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 37

justin_havu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phunky wrote:
ps: I do hope I didn't offend any Windows fans here... if so I sincerely apologise Wink

No, you didn't offend me one bit!
I'm happy with XP. Yes, it has some bugs, but it works 90% of the time. I had to delete all the bull$#!+ demo programs that come with XP (Free AOL for 90 days, etc) When I got my laptop in August of 05, it came with a bunch of programs that I'll never use in my lifetime, so I trashed them. I'm still waiting to buy a computer with nothing but an operating system installed, then I install whatever programs I think I might use. (The only programs I kept was the DVD player and iTunes) I do need to get a bigger internal hard drive for my laptop, soon.

http://www.reverbnation.com/justinhavu
http://www.beyondbluemusic.org
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows?!?! Shame on you
Sorry Bill, but that's not for me in the future.

I've promised my self not to spend other money for my pc until it will be compltly dead! When it will happen, I'll buy a Mac, no more Windows.
They are not so more expansive than common Windows machines, so why not to pay a little more for a lot more of efficency, stability and security?
I can do everything on Mac, and I can do my music in a better way...
To be honest, I didn't checked nearly nothing about Vista, so maybe it's better than OSX, but I guess it's not Rolling Eyes

regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diego wrote:
I've promised my self not to spend other money for my pc until it will be compltly dead! When it will happen, I'll buy a Mac, no more Windows.

Very Happy same here.... same here.... just can not afford it right now, then again, sometimes it is good to wait that little bit longer, as the 45nm chip production will be a good thing in deed, I can see Mac Pro with octo cores and 12 Mb cashe to be out when I can afford it to buy one....

Quote:
Apple will, of course, benefit from these new processors when they are released, and Intel has stated that the current prototypes are already booting Mac OS X -- indicating that Apple is already involved in early testing.
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justin_havu wrote:

I'm happy with XP. Yes, it has some bugs, but it works 90% of the time.

Shocked Wacky ROFL
If something do something for 90% of the time... well I do not call this kind of activity "work"... lets say you have your new house built... but it lacks the roof or you have to go to WC and find there is no toilet paper...
an OS should work in the 100% of the cases, I admit that the software can have some problem, but not the OS!
chordial
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be sticking with XP too, everything I have works and I know it quite well. If and when MS stop supporting XP I'll have a rethink.
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorenzo wrote:
[If something do something for 90% of the time... well I do not call this kind of activity "work"... lets say you have your new house built... but it lacks the roof or you have to go to WC and find there is no toilet paper...

ROFL
great example lorenzo!!!
ahaha, you are the man!!!

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until just two years ago I was still using Windows 98se. Am sticking with XP until my current computer dies.

Actually that's a sore point, my current computer [laptop] has recently died, and is currently awaiting repairing from Fujitsu. It is just three months out of its darned warranty. Evil or Very Mad

...But I digress.

Will likely be sticking to XP until I go quad/octi core a couple or so yrs down the line. All the software I have works with XP really smoothly and is exceptionally stable, and I can't imagine I would gain any benefits from jumping to Vista. In fact there would be everything to lose, rather than gain.
chordial
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks nasty Timo Sad
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUBWOOFER Exclamation ROFL phewww.... Laughing good one!!!!!

Anyhow.... big bummer.....so what about laptopsdirect? Did you contact them or Siemens Fujitsu in UK?

P.S.
See PM
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just three words for Vista... *KHM* *KHM* (clearing my throat so I can yell).
VISTA SUCKS ASS!!!!
*ouch* that hurts!
Smile
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaptopsDirect said "Sorry, contact Fujitsu". Fujitsu says it sounds like a hardware fault with the "graphics subsystem" so I'm to ring their repair branch tomorrow and assess where to send it and suss out any cost implications from there. Am not happy about the DOS/BIOS aspect of it, though.

Not had much luck recently, bought a Sony camcorder for my bro and his missus for their wedding last year and a few months out of its warranty it died, so I'm having to sort that out too! lol. Sony want 50% of what I paid to fix it. Corporate daylight robbery (and consumer/throwaway society)!

But that's for another thread...
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vEddY wrote:
I have just three words for Vista... *KHM* *KHM* (clearing my throat so I can yell).
VISTA SUCKS ASS!!!!
*ouch* that hurts!
Smile

Here's mine (albeit to Hyperion)...

Port AmigaOS to Intel (and take over the world, again!)!

Embarassed Laughing

(Or maybe not, as the case will be)
Phunky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Until just two years ago I was still using Windows 98se. Am sticking with XP until my current computer dies.

I'm still having an old P3 running WinMe Embarassed And Microsoft no longer support WinMe anymore but it doesn't really bother me much as I don't really use it ever since I had my Powerbook 2 years ago Laughing I'm just keeping this old dinasour just in case I need to do things that couldn't be done in the Mac.

To me, the computer is just a tool to help me get my work done not the other way around. Who cares if it's Win98 or Vista, as long as the work get done and the machine doesn't give me lots of headaches, I'm a happy man Very Happy

"Ask yourself always: How can this be done better?"
RiotNrrd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing (for me) is that I have an MSDN subscription from Microsoft, which means I get basically every bit of software they produce. Somewhere in my stacks of CD's, I have the most complete version of Vista that Microsoft has produced (whatever that is - the Enterprise Platinum Media Gold Plus Edition or whatever).

And I just don't care. I won't be loading it, and I won't be using it, even though it costs nothing for me to upgrade to their best and most complete version.

Yawn. Whatever. Windows. Feh. All the Windows software I have runs just fine on XP. I feel no incentive to risk loading Vista and having something or other suddenly not work.

And for everything else, Linux is where it's at.
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=416
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: