Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The OASYS Refill Project.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elvisjohndowson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: Standardize on a user bank Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
Program User Bank D would not be a good choice, as it contains the LAC-1 option, soon to be out. Furthermore, I would suspect that whatever option comes next will use User C, since that seems to be the way Korg is going. STR-1 = USER E, LAC-1 = USER D, ???? = USER C. Not that I'm involved in this, but I would suggest either User G or User B. Of course, I could be wrong about what they choose next, but I only know that User D is "spoken for".

Thanks for the heads up!! Smile I think, in that case I would prefer to User G. I guess Sharp should take a call on this one, if it makes sense to standardize the banks in which we create programs/combis.

Elvis Dowson
elvisjohndowson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reviwing combis and programs Reply with quote

Hi Sharp,
I'm ready to submit one combi and one program for review and comments. What do I do to put this on korgforums?

I was thinking maybe we need a forum section for the OASYS Refill Project and the individual postings could be combis or programs submitted by participating members.

Each post could also have a poll, to rate the quality of the combi or program.

Anyone would then be able to criticize or comment on the developed sound or patch. If someone criticizes a combi or program, they should atleast offer a suggestion to make it better or better yet, update the original combi or program on their OASYS to show the rest of the community his/her perceptions on how it could sound!! Smile

A quick guideline for all reviewers would be to note down your first gut level reaction:
a. If you like it
b. If you didn't like it
c. It could be improved
d. It should be abandoned

You could then post a poll, in order to guage the reaction of the reviewers for each combi or program.

Do let me know what you think!

Elvis Dowson
elvisjohndowson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharp,
I haven't heard from you in while. I was just wondering, where do I upload the pcg and mp3 demo for my first Oasys Refill combi/program? Smile I've also documented the combi design process used. I've probably just scratched the surface, but its a start.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Elvis Dowson
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

Very sorry I haven’t been around here much. I’ve launched a new piano library for the Triton and Pa1X Series this week and all my time has been taken up with that.

Promise I will get around to reading back through this thread and catching up on things tonight.

If you have anything you need uploaded, just email it straight to me and I’ll take care of it. I’m hoping to get an OASYS section added to the download section very soon.

Just need the one thing I have none of Smile Time.

Kind Regards.
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think, in that case I would prefer to User G. I guess Sharp should take a call on this one,

Yeah, but right now you can just place the sounds wherever you like. When we get to the stage where we need to merge all the different users sounds together, we can decide on a bank then.

At the end of the day though, it’s going to be up to you guys. I don’t even have an OASYS Smile

Quote:
where do I upload the pcg and mp3 demo for my first Oasys Refill combi/program?

I’m uploading right now.

Kind Regards.
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, files online.

http://www.korgforums.com/support/oasys/ejd.zip

Kind Regards.
Sharp.
elvisjohndowson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharp,
Thanks for uploading the package. It is my very first attempt at creating a combi for the OASYS. I am working on the combi design notes and you can find elements of it in this thread over at the Karma Labs forum : http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7850

The combi User-G 000 : XL Bass Synth Groove 3.2 has two scene assignments (Scene 01 and 02). However, it does not incorporate the Karma Master Layer switch or slider assignments that I documented in the combi design discussion thread.

The total time was approximately 3 hours for performing the following tasks:
a. Create a simple program and tweak the sound a bit using IFX. I didn't modify the sound using the HD-1's sample playback engine yet because I wanted to learn how to quickly create a program and then re-use it in the context of a combi and use Karma
b. Create a combi and assign Karma GEs for the drum, bass and arp riffs. Create two simple scenes, with scene complexity increasing from scene 01 to scene 02. I will try to update this combi with more scenes.

What's missing from v3.2 of this combi are as follows:
a. Proper sound mix/balance for the timbres, including IFX/MFX/TFX settings. I haven't paid proper attention to this aspect yet.
b. Karma Master Layer slider and switch assignments
c. Karma scene definitions for scenes 03 to 08
d. Controller assignments (vector joystick, ribbon, joystick, etc)
e. Wavesequencing (if I decide to include it using the 4th remaining Karma module). I gave this a shot but the results didn't quite fit in, so I removed that version of the combi from the exported pcg file.

Elvis Dowson
elvisjohndowson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone else besides Tokke and Peter have come up with programs/combis for the OASYS Refill Project? I would very much like to listen to some stuff created by other members participating in this project, even if its work in progress.

Thanks in advance!! Smile

Elvis dowson
elvisjohndowson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Review of 64 combis created by Peter Verhulst aka Matthiola Reply with quote

Hi Peter,
I just went through the 64 combis that you created. I have listed my favourites and review comments below:

Bank-User F : 010 Upper Funk (Nicely matched bass line and drum groove, nice set of variations for all 8 karma scenes)

Bank-User F : 042 Tricki Lead EXs1 (Nice lead sound, has potential for further improvement, needs more Karma scene definitions)

Elvis Dowson

Last edited by elvisjohndowson on Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
elvisjohndowson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Review of 6 program created by Tokke Reply with quote

Hi Tokke,
I just went through the 6 programs that you created and have listed my favourites along with review comments below:

User-A 000: Echo of the past -TL (Has potential, Karma to be improved, more evolution required, IFX multi band mod delay may only work for slow pad type progressions and not fast ones)

User-B 002: EgoTripper -TL (Nice sound, instantly playable, Karma could be improved, it is too basic right now and the program might need more scene assignments)

Elvis Dowson
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthiola wrote:
I've just posted a zip file with 64 combis.

http://www.korgforums.com/support/oasys/groove01.zip

Hey Peter,

I somehow managed to miss this announcement, until I saw Elvis mention it today. I might have been on holiday then or something.

A very belated thank you !!! Cool Cool

I look forward to checking these out later.

Daz.
elvisjohndowson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Standardization for default pcg : preload or producer Reply with quote

Hi Sharp,
I think that we would need to standardize on the default pcg to be used for the OASYS Refill Project now, to avoid re-work and compatibility issues when attempting to consolidate combis from everyone involved in the project. I noticed that Peter uses the factory preload.pcg file for his combis. Although no OASYS Refill samples were used for creating those combis, I did have to reload my initial configuration once again to continue working on my combis afterwards. Since I've just created one combi so far, it will be easy for me to re-assign the programs to use the preload.pcg rather than the producer.pcg that I am using right now.

Maybe if others can comment on which pcg file they are using, it would be helpful Smile !!

Elvis Dowson
tcornishmn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the producer load, but I don't know that I'll be making too many combis. I hope to be able to get the few programs I've made (don't hold your breath for greatness) this weekend now that there is somewhere to put them.
Derm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tcornishmn wrote:
I am using the producer load,

Made me think, will the produced combi's/programs support the Produce
load and is there any point in someone who uses the producer load getting involved?
elvisjohndowson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am using the producer load right now. It would save a lot of rework if we could decide to use one factory load set right now, since it's the start of the project and rework would be minimal at this stage.

I don't mind shifting to preload.pcg, so that the final OASYS Refill Project soundset will be compatible with everyone else.

Elvis Dowson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: