Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are the new KROSS owners still happy?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
david7685

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Are the new KROSS owners still happy? Reply with quote

Congratulations to the owners of a brand new Kross already.
Are you still delighted with your purchase? I continue waiting in Toronto, Canada for my (paid in full) KROSS to arrive. Would certainly appreciate hearing any of your latest "feedback". Thank you.
moontom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: yes. Reply with quote

I'm like one week in and I am very impressed with this board.

some people will not like the menu/page system (esp if you are wedded to the Korg touchscreen, a more intuitive user interface) but it is at least logical and relatively fast.

the sounds are really good, I've found 3-4 drumkits that I will use constantly. the arps and prod tools offer lots of depth -- I was happy to see the Bandoneon phrase from the Krome is here.

modifying the sounds is not as easy as on Krome -- one thing many will miss are the korg multi-function knobs. (to be included on the Kross Pro?) but for basic sounds and the capture of ideas, this is a great device.

I'm less impressed w/ the documentation -- the video tutorials are OK but not comprehensive. I can't report on the Audio Recording features b/c I was unable to get incoming sound on the first try, and when I went to troubleshoot I discovered that the video manual doesn't address the Audio In jack at all. I just printed the relevant section of the detailed PDF guide and will attempt later today.

hope that helps! enjoy....
david7685

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Your reply, "yes" a big help Reply with quote

Glad to hear your positive feelings one week later.
I'm going to my big local music store downtown here to see if they've heard any more updates from KORG as to when I can expect the first Canadian shipment to arrive in Toronto of Kross.
The basic sounds are what I'm most happy to hear about that you like a lot.
totallykenny

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Yes I am stll LOVING MY NEW KROSS Reply with quote

HI David , I am sitting with my KROSS rt now and I am having fun !! Very Happy But I do agree with moontom on some things , but give it time it will just get better, but we must remember . Just how much you get for so very little $$$ !! Like I said in my other post I own KRONOS and KORG M3. Dos the KROSS have all the sounds and functions they have well no .. And I would never think it would .. So you ask am I still HAPPY !!! well YES !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy This is just one outstanding keyboard , and like I said stands on its own! For me I always look for the positives .. The best I can say is that ,I like the keyboard , I LOVE the sounds !!!!!!!!!! This KROSS even looks great sexy look to it .. Oh lets not forget it runs on BATT.. I think the handle is solid made great !! I just put in a 32 gig SDHC PNY card .. WOW over 45 hours of record time , that is just unreal !! Wink And as for FUNCTIONS this baby is pack !! As a full time professional composer. for over 30 years now . And I will tell you I play and own many other Keyboards and Synths . I will gladly say this KORG KROSS is a home run for me and for KORG .. Smile David I hope you get your New KROSS soon ! YOU WILL BE VERY VERY HAPPY !!!! Now I am off to go have some more fun with my Korg KROSS Very Happy Very Happy MUSIC IS MY LIFE ! Regards, TotallyKenny Cool Cool Cool PS in less than 15 mins with my new KROSS I had a New Song idea .. KORG is gong to sell a bunch of these keyboards !!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Even if you own a KRONOS why not have a Korg KROSS . Take it anywhere its always ready to play and make MUSIC Smile Smile Smile
byllsong

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Kenny/Headphones Reply with quote

Hey Kenny, how is the headphone volume?
totallykenny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: Kenny/Headphones Reply with quote

byllsong wrote:
Hi byllsong , I will check that out and let you know.. Wink
studio99

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

headphone volume kinda sux but the instrument sounds are great.
I've had mine a week today and still love it!
These guys are all over the US now and I would think they would be showing up in Canada soon.
The guitar sound are really great (at least I think)

Interesting note on the keybed:

It's 1/4 " plus wider than my Yamaha sy433.
I think my hands are stretching though!
Still lovin' this board!
david7685

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: You are very encouraging Reply with quote

Thanks for posting North America's first first-hand observations about the Kross. It seems Canada is only a couple of weeks behind the U.S. before we get our initial Kross shipment.
I was afraid it might be months behind.
I'm the only one who has prepaid for one, but our store is getting a total of three. Two (2) will go into their stock. One comes home with me.
Can you please: Tell us more about your quick reaction (so far) to KROSS??
totallykenny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Kenny/Headphones Reply with quote

totallykenny wrote:
byllsong wrote:
Hi byllsong , I will check that out and let you know.. Wink
I have my headphones on for the 1st time , they are great !!! I am looking at the demos songs sounds loud to me .. very clean !! and also the keyboard sounds . everything sounds just fine in my headphones.. I am using AKG M80 Mkll , They are not my top of the line headphones .. They list for about $179. they sound great !! So all is well here.. But you do have a point the volume output on the KROSS is a bit low to begin with . Even when to my sound system , I turn it up sometimes three quarter high just to get the sounds RT.. I think the outputs could be a bit HOTTER !! And maybe that could be fixed in a update ? But let me say this , its nothing that I cannot live with for sure .. I am also going to try my high end headphones also .. Ok rt now I am listening to a DEMO -- Sundance just past half volume , sounds great !! By the way this KROSS has very well done DEMO SONGS. Wink So from what I hear the HEADPHONE OUTPUT sounds great Very Happy I guess it could be a bit louder, but I would rather have it sound clean / sharp as it sure dos.. I hope this helps.. TotallyKenny ... Wink PS, I am loving this KROSS more and more .... Thank You .... KORG !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
byllsong

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Headphone Volume Reply with quote

Thanks Kenny
Good to know.
totallykenny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Headphone Volume Reply with quote

byllsong wrote:
Thanks Kenny
Good to know.
Ok buddy update -- I went to my other $500 headphones , they are not as loud and also the AKG M80 Mkll sound better . I think its the drivers how they match ,, So I would say try out headphones that match the output of the KROSS .. I now know for sure the AKG M80 Mkll are a perfect match Very Happy I find the AKG M80 Mkll , well not the most $$ work very well all around headphones ! Like I said they are cheap so I gave them a try , you could keep them on for a long time and they feel great Wink .... Look for them on line the reviews were very good.. I have had mine for about 7 mos .. And I love them .. Very Happy Glad I was able to help ... Enjoy your new Korg KROSS !! Very Happy Very Happy Wink TotallyKenny
studio99

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: earphone comment retraction Reply with quote

Hey I experimented with some different earphones and it's very acceptable. I must have had a bad set.
The next pair I tried (fairly inexpensive ones) worked just fine!

Good news!

Pat
totallykenny

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: earphone comment retraction Reply with quote

studio99 wrote:
Hey I experimented with some different earphones and it's very acceptable. I must have had a bad set.
The next pair I tried (fairly inexpensive ones) worked just fine!

Good news!

Pat
Hi studio99 , That is great to hear , glad its now working for you better .. Wink
tommymandel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Studio, maybe your top-of-the-line headphones are probably just higher impedance, right? (my Beats use batteries, but they get distorted rather than softer when the batteries start to go down...) Speaking of which, by mistake, I left my KROSS on when I took a 5 hour nap, and I was trying out the batteries. That kind of used them up! Now, in an emergency, they will power the unit up, but after a minute, it will shut off. This is exactly like Korg says it should act, but just be aware - it's not so much the playing, as just having it powered up: you will be using the batteries' 4 hour estimated lifetime. I want to try the other type (nickel/cadmium) that is recommended: in the manual it says there's a setting where you tell the KROSS which type you are using. According to Wikipedia, the 2nd type (other than alkaline) includes rechargeable ones.
PS. I really like my KROSS too Smile
tommymandel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: First Reactions => First Live Gig Reply with quote

I took my 1-week old Kross to an outdoor gig yesterday, with a Roots/R&B Rock band, backing up a Woman Singer/Songwriter who's great and has 'been around the block!' Picture Woodstock meets a Hells Angels Old-Timers' Festival in a Parking Lot in New Jersey, to get the feel. Professional PA. I didn't get a monitor wedge, but I had my Roland SA-300 amp, with Low Boost ON, and Wide OFF. I wanted to use the Kross for EP's and regular Piano sounds, and to use my Hammond SK-1 for organs and clavs. The Hammond has a nice Piano on it too, but it's decay is very slow, probably due to compression. Their wurly is pretty good, but the Rhodes always gives me problems programing a great one..
Here are my results!
•Everyone LOVED the sound (of the KROSS Piano) - The touch was useable. It's one of those keyboards where you have to press a key down almost 1/2 way, to get it to trigger; but that fact doesn't really get in the way. You can play it hard, as long as you pay attention. The balance between highs and lows on the Kross Piano was perfect. It was kind of transparent in a good way: you could hear all frequencies, and it did cut in the mix, but it wasn't annoyingly treble. Or bassy. Or upper-mid-heavy, which is what I really hate. •The EP worked very well, (although I had the opportunity to play a real Fender Rhodes Suitcase electric piano in a session the other day, and it was incredible - though I'm still trying to figure out why - the way it tucked itself into the track. Some dynamic range thing maybe. It wasn't about the overtones, except maybe the balance between the fundamental and the 1st overtone (1 octave up) as it was modulated by my touch. . .)
•The bigger surprise was the KROME Brass. The first one in the Category - I think it was "Tight Brass" - it cut, it was funky, it spoke, it barked, it was a bright but not too bright, balanced tone.
I think Korg has done something spectacular here. For $700 fer sure!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: