Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

who owns an 88? Looking for case advice!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChristopherArruda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: who owns an 88? Looking for case advice! Reply with quote

Hey all,

I'm seriously considering buying the 88 key model of the SV1 but I had a few questions about mobility.

In short, I'm wondering how easy it is to transport. I have a car that fits my Korg Triton ST88 with flight case so I'm not concerned about that aspect, more just general carrying around of the board and how heavy/awkward it is. I've ready the specs but just some insight/sharing of experiences would be appreciate as I've only played/seen the 73 key version.

I'm also wondering what types of cases you're all using, eventually I'll have a flight case custom made but until then I'm looking for something inexpensive.

Keep in mind, I used to truck my ST88 across the country and that thing is a BEAST. Any insight would be helpful!

-Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jpvx-ray

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: I've got an 88 Reply with quote

I see that it has been a while since you posted this so I figured I would try to give you an idea about the 88 keyboard. It is fairly heavy, but manageable. It is kind of long and awkward as most 88 keyboards are. As for a case, I am still tiring to make a decision. The korg specific case I heard from another user is not worth the money. I did find a case/bag made by road runner (small 88 ) that I think would work. I am also considering getting a custom made case off of eBay. Yes I know that it will be cheap junk but it will be better than a soft case, plus I don't gig. Hope this helps, and please get back to me if you find a better case.
ChristopherArruda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: case Reply with quote

I actually ordered the slim Gator case - I was able to get a deal on it. I believe it is the GK88 Slim version. It's a soft/hard hybrid type of case so the dimensions are only a few inches larger than the actual board. I'll let you know how it goes and keep me posted as well!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JonBooth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris, am also looking for a better case for my 88 key. Just wondering how you're getting on with your case?
Cheers
mackbaz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat. I just decided to make my own. All the parts are on the way. Maybe I'll post some pics when it's done.
ChristopherArruda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: case Reply with quote

Hey all,

The GK88 case fits the board just fine. Seems to offer pretty goof protection to the sides and bottom of the machine just fine. This case will work fine for regular gigging but if you're going to tour, you'll need to invest in a flight case of some type so stuff can be stacked on top.

In other news, my SV-88 arrived with the lower A and B keys broken. They are intact but cannot be pushed down at at all Sad
Bummer...
mackbaz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: case Reply with quote

ChristopherArruda wrote:
Hey all,

The GK88 case fits the board just fine. Seems to offer pretty goof protection to the sides and bottom of the machine just fine. This case will work fine for regular gigging but if you're going to tour, you'll need to invest in a flight case of some type so stuff can be stacked on top.

In other news, my SV-88 arrived with the lower A and B keys broken. They are intact but cannot be pushed down at at all Sad
Bummer...

Thats a shame about the board. Can you take it to a local retailer to get it fixed?

BTW my parts are coming in tomorrow for the case. Wish me luck. This is the first time I have made a road case. Hopefully it turns out nice.
jane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been thrilled with my case from South-Pak, like you alluded to, it's a custom case but they gave me casters (wheels) and everything I needed to make the case very mobile. They also helped me find the perfect injection molded case until my custom case was ready. They have live chat on their website if you have any questions, http://www.south-pak.com
mackbaz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane wrote:
I have been thrilled with my case from South-Pak, like you alluded to, it's a custom case but they gave me casters (wheels) and everything I needed to make the case very mobile. They also helped me find the perfect injection molded case until my custom case was ready. They have live chat on their website if you have any questions, http://www.south-pak.com

how much was it though? Price is always a consideration.
Keyboarder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris
I have a SV-1 88 and I've bought an custom made case from my case manufacturer. It is a coffer-type case with wheels. The price was about 820$. So it wasn't cheep but to protect an excellent Keyboard as the SV-1 it is always worth it.
jane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mackbaz wrote:
jane wrote:

how much was it though? Price is always a consideration.

it depends on the case. If you navigate down to the individual case product from http://www.south-pak.com/products/hard-cases/, it will tell you prices.
mackbaz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my new case. Lots of rivets and work, but it fits like a glove.

[/img]http://ilocker.bsu.edu/users/mbaczynski/WORLD_SHARED/images/DSC00007.jpg[/img]

[/img]http://ilocker.bsu.edu/users/mbaczynski/WORLD_SHARED/images/DSC00008.jpg[/img]

[/img]http://ilocker.bsu.edu/users/mbaczynski/WORLD_SHARED/images/DSC00010.jpg[/img]
jane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks great, your last images don't load
btw, i realized South-Pak also makes soft cases that are especially protective if that was the issue you had with soft cases.
mackbaz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane wrote:
looks great, your last images don't load
btw, i realized South-Pak also makes soft cases that are especially protective if that was the issue you had with soft cases.

I'm not sure why they didn't load

ianginn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Dude I have just purchased the Korg SV-1, its superb. As for transporting it around, buy the KORG case that comes with i. Its material, it fits snug, a few handles and is lightweight. It has wheels on as well so you can pull it.
I wouldn't suggest a hard case it would be way too heavy !
All the best ! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: