Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW EMX1 TUNE 4 U ....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reddone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: NEW EMX1 TUNE 4 U .... Reply with quote

NOT GOT A CAMERA SETUP GUYS , SO I CANT SHOW U MY JAMS YET , BUT HERES SOME AUDIO ANYWAY . THE QUALITY IS MURDERED BUT THE JAM STILL SOUNDS PRETTY DECENT ANYHOW I THINK .

TOOK ABOUT AN HOUR TO BUILD/PLAY/RECORD .

STRAIGHT FROM EMX1 AND INTO THE PC .

ITS NOT MEANT TO BE ANYTHING MORE THAN IT IS Wink ... KEEP THAT IN MIND , ALTHOUGH I MIGHT RE-WORK IT L8TR .

ENJOY

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C5lUyPcWXHY
The Puppeteer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, nice stuff. Bit of a different style to what we're doing, but I enjoyed it. Love the synth parts. Great job.

I was jamming on the weekend as well. 2 x EMX1, 1 x ESX1, A green electribe and one of the original red ones (don't know the numbers - sorry).

Was heaps of fun. We're building a few live sets at the moment. Lots of fun.

Perth (West Australia) seems to have gone electribe mad of late. All my mates seem to be picking up EMX1's. Our respective partners kind of refer to us as the "Blue Box Club"
reddone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks 4 the comments , it seems u get what i put across .
Its not an overly processed tune by any means , just a session i built then played . I dont even know what the style is !!

complex or minimal , it all just unfolds from a groove by way of duplication/alteration and some little tricks to open the door to something interesting .

BTW bud , the er-1 is the red and the es-1 is th green . I had te red n didnt like it . I hav the green tho , n i love it , especially put thru the mx for tubed up samples . What styles u makin ??

Whats big in electro over in australia ???

P.S. We have a perth in scotland too , actually YEARS ago it was our capital . Sorry ..... Laughing
The Puppeteer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure how I'd describe your tune either. Probably minimal with serious synthiness Razz

The er1 has an awesome drum synth. That's all we use it for. Those weird modulated drums that we can't do with the EMX-1, tho the ESX-1 can do some serious drum mangling as well.

I haven't had a serious play with the green one yet. My band mate owns that one, and it was at the far end of the setup from where I was sitting.

I'm not really sure what's big in the electro scene here. We mainly do trance (melodic and psy), as well as lounge and EBM. We have a few different band names depending on the mood of the music, and where we do gigs etc.

You can check out LD 120, LOST and X-Lander at http://godlike.com.au if you want to hear our styles.

No tracks up yet with just grooveboxes yet, though we'll probably start recording our live sets and stick them up there. We've got a few studio tracks in progress that are built mainly from the grooveboxes, though they still need quite a bit of work.
reddone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have u tried looking at the waveforms on the er-1 n using the same settings within the mx ?
I preffered the sound that way to how the er-1 does it , this is also where i contest anyone who says the mx is limiting in the drum dept . maybe in samples its lacking , but what can be doneto those samples thru drum section and synth section makes up for it . And the drum synthesis can be brilliant .

Try to think about the mx engine and how those er-1 tones could sound with more definition . The drum synths from the mx can be superb .

Ive yet to come accross ANY setting for drum synths that the mx cant synthesize better than my old er-1 . Thats why i sold it .

saying that tho judging by ur tunes it must work for u so maybe stick with teh er-1 Wink
The Puppeteer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the MX can do the drum sounds, but you chew up valuable synth parts doing it, and 5 notes is really pushing the friendship as it is.

That's why we've got 2 EMX-1's in the first place.

Mind you, we've got a TR-909 and a DMPro that we can trigger from the 909, that will both hang off the MIDI chain as soon the 909 as it comes back from the shop, so we ain't really struggling in the drum department.

A few additional samples from the EMX's are plenty to fill out the drum parts. The ER-1 is used just as extra voices for drum mangling, and it's heaps of fun, and was so cheap that my bandmate couldn't really pass it up. We could make do without it, but we've got one, so we use it.
Setsonics

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, 2 EMX's.

I am struggling with my next purchase.

EMX, Evolver, Koasscilator????

The DSI Evolver is so bad ass it hurts.

And I just HAVE to get my hands on an EMX, those synth leads are just to brain melting to resist any longer.

Puppet when you get some tracks up send me the site and I can add you to our Youtube / MP3 list!
808state

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: emx Reply with quote

get an emx if you want to produce,get the kaossilator if you are more interested in adding osscilations or effects or whatever.
808state

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: emx;rs Reply with quote

oh sorry you actually want to get all those three products at once.....cool.go for it!

dont hold back!
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

using caps lock in topics if disrespectful on forums people frown on that and I will guarantee you more people like me would listen to it if you made a normal, non caps topic. Just because of that, I won't. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to start anything or talk crap to you I just don't think people should do that on forums.
reddone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted pissed off rant .... lol Laughing

Last edited by reddone on Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it has nothing to do with my knowledge. It has nothing to do with me being full of myself. It has to do with respect to others. I guess the word is not respect And it's not me being about myself but rather you.

Why? Except for two topics on this forum all topic names are normal, here comes mr reddone and decides hey s**t maybe I'll put a song for others to listen to it. But wait a minute, I don't think I'll be using normal letters, I'll do it in capslock so everyone can see it because it's just so much more important then everything else.

And let me translate one thing for ya, capslock in forums usually equates to pissed off bitching from inexperienced users, maybe not in your case but people usually type in caps and it's usually looked down upon when it happens.

Dude I am not trying to start s**t I just really don't like where this forum has been going latelly. It's turning into a random social environment rather then a technical forum because thats what it is, and the caps just added to that for me.
reddone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another .... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by reddone on Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is also not a place to bitch and act like a kid. (reread that, it says you're acting like a bitch, not that you are a bitch, and all I'm saying is that you're acting like a child). If you get offended by advice, even if you didn't mean to place in caps, at least have the decency to change it to noncaps. You offended at least one person by using caps so arguing it and talking s**t to that person makes you just that much more offensive towards that person.

I didn't say a single negative thing to you or about you in any way and you dropped several offensive posts in response.

And ableton being good is an opinion I use electribes tons aswell. I try to illustrate how the two work very well hand in hand. That's an opinion.

You topic is ALL about you because it's about YOUR song. It is in no way a benefit to this forum, only you. It is for people to feedback on your song. You make yourself seem to want to be more important by telling people "HEY LOOK I MADE A SONG, LISTEN AND GIVE FEEDBACK". All I said was that with posts like that people who actually take the time and use forums heavilly won't like it. I don't therefore I didn't want to listen.

You offended me with the post and you keep offending me making me seem like an ass, figure out the math and quit being an asshole.

Last edited by Ruso on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a proper, very well appreciated, and most importantly mature response would be as follows:

acertainpoint wrote:
hope you guys like it

tell me what ya think Smile

oh, im sorry for the caps.. i didnt even realize I did it on my last thread Crying or Very sad

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fb37r0IG2Gc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: