Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dreamaiden 'Blue Light' CD, Contest, Mastering Interview
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dreamaiden

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Dreamaiden 'Blue Light' CD, Contest, Mastering Interview Reply with quote

Helloooo. After many moons I am happy to announce the release of the Dreamaiden 'Blue Light' CD. I'm thrilled to say that the response has been overwhelmingly positive. I really couldn't be much happier about it. 

Daz and I have chatted and he had a fun idea... to hold a contest in which the there will be a series of questions. The content of the questions and answers will be taken from my web site and linked sites and files as specified in the questions. Whoever gets all the answers right first will be the winner and will receive the Blue Light CD free, including shipping. The contest questions will be posted on Tuesday, May 15th at 2:00 PM EST (NY time). Whoever returns a post of all correct answers first wins the CD.

Additionally on Tuesday, I will also post a special, recorded interview with Steve Blenkinsopp of Mainstream Mastering. Steve was the mastering engineer on the Blue Light CD. I thought this would be interesting and informative and so it is. I will post an mp3 that is approximately 25 MB as well as an 85 kb pdf. I would encourage anyone who can to listen to the mp3 because it's great to hear the inflections in his answers. However, the pdf is only lightly edited and perfectly good.

Cheers,

Susan
www.dreamaiden.com
Marc
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey stranger!

Congrats on the CD. I know it means a lot to you and we're all proud of you for the achievement. Bravo.

Ours is at the processing facility and will be done, packaged, and ready for sale as of next Tuesday.

I was going to surprise you with a copy along with my thanks for the input you provided, and which I adopted where needed. But now I think we need to arrange a swap. Wink

I'll be in touch.

Regards,

Marc
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always good to see "one of our own" doing well Smile

I know that many long term friends of the forum will be elated to hear that Susan's CD is now available, after she had teased us with delicious morsels in the Promote Your Music section for years. I nearly broke my mouse refreshing the Dreamaiden website on the day of the CD release, waiting for the Buy The CD button to appear Wink

When I suggested having this little competition and throwing a free CD out to the adoring fans, Susan very graciously embraced the idea. Then she told me about sharing the mastering materials ... that's going to be very cool indeed.

So big thanks to Susan, as well as hearty congratulations ...
RiotNrrd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Susan!

For anyone who hasn't been around here long enough to remember, Susan (Sioux) used to post her pieces in the Promote Your Music area, and they were ALWAYS some of the most creative, highly musical, kick-ass pieces you could find. I've been missing those posts since she disappeared from our fair land, but take it from me - you do not. want. to. miss. her. work.
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Susan!

I can't wait to try to win your CD.
Of course, if I won't be the winner, I will go to your website and click "Buy the CD" in a few!

It's very good you will give us the interview with your mastering engineer, I'm sure it'll be fantastic to learn something new!

regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Cool Cool
dreamaiden

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww, I really miss you guys!

After all the assistance I received from this forum over the last years, which was tons (!), and as a continuance of our great recording discussions I wanted to return the favor with some insight into the mastering side of things. I was very fortunate to have an excellent mastering engineer to work with on Blue Light and he was gracious enough to take time to grant me this interview. We will post it elsewhere afterwards but you will have it here first because I made it for you.

The contest will be fun! I can't wait to see who wins.

Marc - Congratulations! I can tell you are excited. I can't wait to hear your CD. I have a policy of not swapping CDs - purely for business reasons - we will chat. Smile

Daz and Sharp and Riot - There is a permanent little spot in my heart....

Diego - Keep rockin' dude ! I expect great things from you.

Lorenzo! What's up !! Cool

Dancing Dancing Dancing
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Susan, (Sioux),
Long time no see/hear; but after listening to your BlueLight demo from your website, I can understand why - been busy creating, eh. Super job indeed. Best wishes for further success. Keep us posted.
Cheers,
Eric

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been thinking about you. It is great to hear from you.

Your CD was inevitable ......and you truly are a force to be reckoned with.

I look forward to getting this CD, ole friend.
dreamaiden

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi EJ ! Nice to see you. Thanks for your nice comments. I'm working the hardest and having the best creative and productive time of my life ever. Keeps me out of trouble mostly. Smile

Hi Jazzy, I hope you're doing well. You're such a sweet person. Smile Friends forever...

Cheers,
Susan
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the CD. It is such a nice feeling when you're finished. I know I feel very relieved and excited to have a completed project you can hold in your hand and offer to people.
album cover
dreamaiden

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey George! You still hanging loose? SmileSmile I saw one post where you said you needed to get back to music but you were still recovering from the last cd. I know what you mean... lots of work...but lovely work. It really is a special feeling to hold that first cd in your hands. It's icing on the cake when you can share it with others who also love it.

For me looking at art is stimulating and I love art. Music is different for me though. It's like going into a special room where you are absorbed all around and inside and out by the music - surround and insound? Smile When others hear your cd you know they are entering your room and 'getting' the vibe you wanted them to experience for awhile. Smile

Keep hangin' loose George ! You're cool. Smile

Cheers,
Susan
sewa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Susan,

I'm happy to hear your new CD is out; now you might have some more time for browsing the KF Wink

sewa
dreamaiden

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sewa Smile

Nice to see you. I've enjoyed listening to your music progress. You will have a great CD too. I would bet on that. Smile

Actually I do browse the forum more than people know but I don't always post. Smile I'm mostly interested in the music and recording/mastering discussions.

Truthfully getting the CD finished is not the end of the process - I thought that too, but it's really almost the beginning. Between my job and being in hyper producer mode I do not sleep much. But I promise to visit here as often as I can. Smile I expect great things from the people I know here !

Cheers,
Susan
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sue

I received your new CD today, thanks for getting it out so quickly to me. I really enjoyed all the new Dreamaiden tunes.
"Blue Light" is a great listen, nice mix and good mastering to top it off. Best of luck with it! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: