Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Found it wise to remove the Volume Grouping Faders
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aleccoh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Korg Found it wise to remove the Volume Grouping Faders Reply with quote

I just bought the new PA4x and found that Korg found it wise to remove the Volume grouping faders (Drums/Perc, Bass, Acc) and put them in the global menu (in a word, impossible to use them Live), So i found myself obliged to Lower or raise each and every acc fader During a live show , and THAT is really depressing. Why did they do it?

Mystery

alecco
Vex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+10000 !!!!

Bring back Master DRUM/BASS/ACC to the front ! - Like on Pa1x/2/3x !
newkorgguy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+40000

Time to change that, and you are welcome Razz
Vex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Couldn't agree more, but these days I'm occupied with Pa4x , and trying to transfer things from pa3x to new kbd... But thanks for a reminder, will change asap Smile
newkorgguy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smell v1 coming shortly Razz
400nvd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the sliders are assigned to pad volume control which is handy. The assignable expression pedal can adjust accompaniment volume.
They had to make choices. Some features we lost , and some we get new.
E.g., I'm happy with the improved sounds, the direct style and kbd set facilities and the 11x48 extra user locations for kbd sets.
It's a pity i lost the functionality of the style to kbd in song and songbook mode.
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alecco,

If you keep SHIFT pressed, and press STYLE PLAY, you can immediately reach the Grouped Style Tracks Volume sliders. Press EXIT, and you are back at the previous page.

We had to choose between Pads and Grouped Style Tracks. Since these latter were a global setting, they were moved to the Global.

Paolo
squeezebox2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I raised this point a while back as owing to the good deal ofered by my agent I placed an order thinking that Korg would never alter this established good realtime feature. (I did also state that I was a wally to do so) Later I twigged the slider arrangement had been altered.

However, despite this I did go ahead with the exchange and now have the Pa4x Overall sound quallity is much improved but the loss of this great realtime feature is very dissapointing for me anyway. It is true what Palo says, you can access the global virtual sliders with a couple of page moves but in a live situation you dont want to have to think about where you are going. As the new configuration is hardware based looks like we are stuck with it for the next five years.

I would also be interested to hear how owners that use the Pa4x in live situations are adapting to the new colour scheme? The Pa3x was brilliant with its contrasting grey buttons against the black casing. The black buttons against the black casing blend to much for my liking under poor light conditions, you find yourself having to look for the buttons.

Just my thoughts folks, but would be interested in others.

Ken
400nvd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken,
I was using my PA3 together with a Nord in a rock band. I always need a small light on dark stages. I think it will be the same with the PA4x
squeezebox2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Noel

In defence of all that are missing the old slider configuration, using ACC volume with the expression pedal does not achive what we have lost, as it reduces the entire ACC volume volume. I personally prefer to use the pedal for 'keyboard expression'

Ken
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

File a bugreport for everything you had in pa3x and is (still) missing from pa4x
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken wrote:
In defence of all that are missing the old slider configuration

Hi Ken

Could you just clarify that for me please?

Thanks

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
squeezebox2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete

Maybe a wrong choice of words, but just trying to emphasias that judging from the posts above others too are missing this feature and it cannot be got round by using the ACC expression. The only alternative we have now is as Paolo suggests. You can still alter the Drum and Bass volumes by the sliders but even this means pressing 'Track select' first.

My own personal view is that the more Pa4x that get into the playing field, the more this change will become aparent. I guess if you are a heavy pad user then this change is very welcomed.

Ken
aleccoh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: The Volume grouping faders impossible move Reply with quote

Dear paolo

In a real time situation, you cannot possibly Press Shift THEN access the page to find the three volume groups , THEN arrange the volumes, THEN press escape.
You can do it in the comfort of a studio or at home but in my case , with 400+ people dancing and waiting for the slitest drop in the beat pressure to sit down and blow your Evening build, it is not an option.
Please give us a choice if we want the pad volumes or the Group volumes even if the hardware is already printed, we can put a sticker on top, but believe me , we DO need this feature to compete with the rise of the Tyros in the dance scene.

thank you
squeezebox2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with aleocoh. The main reason I have had all the Pa Flagship Arrangers is for this ability to control and fade Drum ACC and Bass volumes from the sliders at will without leaving the main page.

I have had Tyros in the past and did not like them because you could not do this, you had to access pages before you could change values for these parts.

Now both operate the same regarding this, it leaves an obvious question!!!

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: