Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Restart again with OS 3.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- As I wrote according to my recent findings , only reset & format can ensure a real factory reset and this exists only in OS v2 full resources.
- Global file of older series could never be loaded in Pa4X , so this case is excluded except if Global itself has a bug that I haven't discovered yet !
- STY , PRF , PAD & MXP contents of a PCG are mostly suspected , for instance if the max value of setting for an AMS send/effect is 50:00 for a
parameter in OS v.3 and imported file has 127:00 value in main settings or at midi events program changes , this won't be verified while importing
and those out of range values can lead to system crash or overall audio output distortion.
- This actually must be prevented from loading in newer OS.
- The weird that I've found , is that above overflow values affect system settings that are not cleared via MEDIA/Factory Restore , so as I suggested
in present time users that still have the restart issue must load first OS v2.0 in "format" option then load OS v3.1 and never load again their old
resources that caused that not even assign them in Direct SET mode.

I always remind Pa users since 10 years that when their SET was made in previous Pa models , not to load their set in ALL mode !
Open your SET file and load partially all resources of individual banks where you have the ability to see troubleshooting warnings and avoid loading
"not Pa file" or missing samples MS.
- Trying net resources from unqualified users/developers is not an option anymore in such complex arrangers operating systems.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this is possible to be done if someone has over a thousand of styles.

It's supposed that newer models only read all previous models,that's what korg claims.

Can't remember if i followed the same order while i performed the format,i think i did,but i will repeat it step by step once again.

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If those styles are official Korg made even from 1st Korg arranger , will work fine , but users injection in some parameters can disturb this !
- The one and only solution is system deeply examine all imported files in all parameters and events program value changes , correct
over/under flow values and decide if this is a valid "Pa file" or not ! (also must do the same for Direct mode).

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

v3.1 is supposed to do it ok, at least for sounds/kits/pcm ,
don't know if it is able to do it for styles too though.

kleant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The restart and some other bugs issues reported since the first Next OS release were from the OS not hardware or user created! And since the first release of the Next OS 3.0 Korg have released two more updates fixes which have made some issues fixed or at least minimized the problems and more update fixes hopefully will be released in the future.

Sorry but I really don't understand why some people here complicate and confuse this OS issues/bugs with hardware or anything else.

It's very simple the Next OS when first released had two many bugs some serious and some not however after two other OS updates most of them are fixed and other bugs known and unknown will be fixed on future updates.

I don't think it's fair to scare users to not load sets from older models because as officially announced from Korg all older pa models sets can be loaded safely on pa4x without any problem. If u have issues or problems loading previous models sets please report them and hopefully korg will fix them on upcoming updates.

As of this moment I two don't have any restart issues with latest update v3.1 but if there are other people experiencing it they should report it and korg will contact them to identify where the problem lies.

So enjoy the latex update and keep problems bugs/experience reporting. From my opinion this latest OS update v3.1 is stable and fixes/minimzes most of the bugs reported so far hopefully better and more stable OS updates will come in the future.
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree,
But i will give a try and format/load all v2 resources as Antony suggested before i load my styles and sounds/STS .

I always load them individually, but i can't avoid placing songbook on Direct set.

And just wait to see then if there is gonna be another future restart issue.

Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kleant: i was able to intentionally create sounds and beats that will crash every korg arranger. Ive tested them so far on the 3x, 4x, 700, 1000, 900, and 600 and it crashes like a charm. I also tested it in OS V2 and multiple OS's on each model.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aripearlmusic wrote:
Kleant: i was able to intentionally create sounds and beats that will crash every korg arranger. Ive tested them so far on the 3x, 4x, 700, 1000, 900, and 600 and it crashes like a charm. I also tested it in OS V2 and multiple OS's on each model.

Very Interesting.

Could you please explain what are the parameters or programing that you created to crash all above mentioned Korg pa series
in order to diagnosis our sets which could be the reason of the crash of some Korg Pa series and see how to remedy the set.
That would be nice from you.

Thanks.
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put all the sounds and kits that were converted in the PA manager before the last 2 or 3 updates that had too many samples per kit for the PA Manager to read it properly so when it was converted it corrupted the PCG. The sounds that gave me errors were 32bit 96khz converted without any dithering. As far as styles I remapped the CC to ones not supported in typical midi automation and then mapped the sounds with program changes to go to corrupted sounds and local banks so that any keyboard without the local banks will have trouble reading it and attempt to remap it causing further issues. I also put in doubles of control channels and ran all the DSP heavy effects as master fx and insert fx using multiple compressors and large unlooped sound i.e. 24 oscillators with controllers on every parameter and lots of different pianos.

Time slicing also caused many issues when i loaded loops that were not cut perfectly causing a tempo with a decimal (the keyboard rounds it off to the nearest number and extend does not actually extend it by altering the sample count). Cranking up the EQ while lowering the volume but leaving the trim at full stressed the DSP alarmingly fast.
Loading converted sounds from the Triton with a PCG also caused freezing.

None of these are bugs they are things you shouldnt do to begin with but are things ive found in 90% of the sets ive seen and 100% of the free ones going around that have styles and samples.
kleant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this does not make any sense in my opinion but if you sure that you have wiser understanding of this issues then it's OK with me.

As I stated above the reported bugs/problems since the release of the Next OS have happened because of the first Next OS releases which had some bugs in code which for some users created the above issues/problems not because of bad hardware or bad user resources which it's up to the OS to identify and not load them in the first place. Example the Pad Out of Synch bug was not created from bad hardware or bad user resources... Etc...

Please don't scare again user to not load free sets but buy only sets from you or your affiliates Smile

I repeat and urge again if you have any genuine problems with any particular sets please report them here or send them to Korg who are friendly people and will examine for free and make changes to the OS to not load this particular bad user codes/resources/pcg/whatever in future updates, simple Smile however this is not the topic of this discussion.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kleant wrote:
bad user resources which it's up to the OS to identify and not load them in the first place

I think you'll find that this is exactly what Antony is stating will be implemented
kleant wrote:
Please don't scare again user to not load free sets but buy only sets from you or your affiliates

I don't believe anyone is doing that but rather suggesting to be careful.
3rd party offerings are and will always be, a risk you have to consider. I have experienced problems in the past with "unknown" 3rd party resources. I am not suggesting that there are no bugs, but it's like any computer - you always risk loading data/software this will affect everyone differently too as we all have different configurations and installed resources etc... the permutations are endless.

P Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
kleant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can agree to disagree all day long but I'm to not suggesting to not be careful however from my experience I have used free sets, samples and resources and never had any problems with them I even have tried some expensive ridiculous commercial sets and on most of them they use the same free resources that free sets have which even create most of the problems specially on locked protected USB SET as previosly reported from me and confirmed from Korg on private messages. However this is not the topic of this discussion. Of course you need to be careful but don't be afraid to try free user resources sometimes you will find they are better and more stable even that the paid ones.
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the guys i know who are charging about $5000 do more than 3/4 of the things that i mentioned above in their set. Clearly price does not define their knowledge or technique other than capitalizing on naive customers willing to pay anything for a "good" set. I just spent the whole last month mixing and fixing 4 of those sets and I'm in shock how clueless most people who dont do their own programming and sampling are about the basic concepts of midi and general mixing and sampling terms considering many of like to think that have any credibility regarding the functions of the keyboard but cant define the terms in the menu.

Google and YouTube and of course this forum are great resources for learning generic terms. Thankfully many of you here are committed enough to the craft and have a better grasp than said people.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ethnic users are the common category that are cheated by described SETs that are just a shouting fraud ...
For instance , Ebay 1000 styles mega pack with 30$ when actual cost per decent style is 10$ or Pa800/2X/3X/4X sound libraries
of 100 ethnic sounds for all Balkans with 40$ when the sound developing per sound / per model , including studio sampling , Musicians
expenses and promotion cost , will be over 60$ per Pro Sound with samples size per sound over 50Mb and all required articulation !
No unknown person will ever create a professional complete SET strictly on Pa4X (that is the only right thing to do) with above
prerequisites and share it for free , so you're responsible for your risks ...
This is 2019 and not 2000 Triton age , still using those <1Mb per MS , childy & noisy looped samples of this age !

But the most important of all , is that there is no tolerance anymore from complex OS like Next v.3 that operates with user pre-samples
& samples internal streaming to handle improper files with unknown destination/editting or code injection , just like your PC/Mac so
there is no matter of frightening people , just a crystal clear warning of bare truth ... beware of what you're importing in your Pa4X !

worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would tend to agree with Anthony as he actually developes styles and sounds for the Korg pa products and so has to do the proper thorough checks that his products don’t cause problems for his customers .

I use my Korg for programming styles , songs ( sequencing ) and playing live and it has never shut down on me since V3 . But I don’t import external samples or external sets . I don’t trust that other people’s dounds and programming as it might just screw up my keyboard .

If you are going to import samples and sets , ensure they are from people who you can go back to for help .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: