Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Kronos(X), Krome, Oasys,M3/M50,Tritons, ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michel, please check your PM. Thanks.

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
Yatrix

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michel, great plans !
Quote:
List generation, like:
- show a list per program, where it is used (in which combis/set list slots)

Sounds so easy. In reality these relations are... a bit complex. Are you sure you can proccess all these cases properly ?
Documentation included in setup.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
By the way,

I think I've uncovered a bug with the Set List function (for the Kronos obviously). If you create a set list and don't give any of the songs in the set list a name, the set list doesn't show up in the list of available set lists to modify. Right now, it's only showing 0 and 1 when there should also be a 2. I threw a bunch of progs/combis into a setlist (which has a name of "soundcheck essentials".

thanks,

-Mc

Actually, it is more like a feature, not a bug. I filter out 'empty' set lists because it has no use showing them (they are empty). And what I consider empty set lists are set lists where all set list slots have:
- empty name
- filled in the PCG (i.e. existing)

For empty programs/combis I even consider more criteria like:
- empty name
- name contains Init and Prog or Combi (in any order)

Why would you make an empty set list slot (or program or combi(?) and see it in the list?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJ2 wrote:
Michel, please check your PM. Thanks.

I haven't received it, but I PM you in case you don't read this.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatrix wrote:
Michel, great plans !
Quote:
List generation, like:
- show a list per program, where it is used (in which combis/set list slots)

Sounds so easy. In reality these relations are... a bit complex. Are you sure you can proccess all these cases properly ?

I hope I can, and I didn't get a message that it contains a bug.

What I do is checking if the program is inside the timbres of a combi, and checking the status (INT/EXT/EX2/BTH) and Mute setting. I do not check MIDI channels because I consider a program being used by an external keyboard too.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Updated version: 0.2.1.78 Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
A new version is released.

Also now it is possible to move programs, combis and set list slots within a single bank. Moving to other banks will be a later update.

EASY MOVING OF PROGRAMS, COMBIS, SET LIST SLOTS WITHIN A BANK
When programs are moved, automatically the combis and set list slots using those programs will be fixed.

When combis are moved, automatically the set list slots using those combis will be fixed.
[/code]

Testing new version against Triton (w/MOSS), M3, M50, and Kronos now.

Quick question. Is it possible to allow multiple selects of programs or combis for moving? For example, we play groups of songs together all the time. Instead of moving each patch separately, I'd like to grab the whole group and move them within the bank.

Other than that, GREAT new add-on. Great work!

It is not possible yet to have multiple selections for programs, combis or set list slots. However, by moving one program up/down a number of times, the rest will swap places.

E.g.: when you want to change programs I-A10 to I-A20 20 places (to I-A30 to I-A40) further, you go to I-A40 and press Move Up 30 times and repeat this 10 times. Yes, I know it's still tedious but you can hold the Move Up key so it goes faster.

However, I will add the feature to select multiple items (which will take some time to make it work tough).

McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Actually, it is more like a feature, not a bug. I filter out 'empty' set lists because it has no use showing them (they are empty). And what I consider empty set lists are set lists where all set list slots have:
- empty name

- empty name

Why would you make an empty set list slot (or program or combi(?) and see it in the list?

I was in a hurry and created a new set list with 10 progs/combis I use for sound checks. Each place holder pointed to a prog or combi just like my other set lists do, I just didn't go through the trouble of giving each song place holder a custom name so they are blank by default. The idea was to go in and add the names/descriptions later with your tool. I did give the set list a name though.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
- empty name

- empty name

I was in a hurry and created a new set list with 10 progs/combis I use for sound checks. Each place holder pointed to a prog or combi just like my other set lists do, I just didn't go through the trouble of giving each song place holder a custom name so they are blank by default. The idea was to go in and add the names/descriptions later with your tool. I did give the set list a name though.

You are right that that doesn't work. I didn't think about songs ... I don't check the name of the set list, maybe I should. And maybe I also should consider songs in a set list always to be nonempty.
Are song names blank by default?

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Updated version: 0.2.1.78 Reply with quote

Jon Lord wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
EASY MOVING OF PROGRAMS, COMBIS, SET LIST SLOTS WITHIN A BANK
When programs are moved, automatically the combis and set list slots using those programs will be fixed.
This is a killer feature that will be very useful, thanks!

Also added a link to this thread from my site and added few screenshots, hope you don't mind Smile
http://korgpatches.com/tools/

Thanks for the compliment and I like your effort you put in your website too.

Thanks for the screen shots and adding a link to my app.

McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
McHale wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
- empty name

- empty name

You are right that that doesn't work. I didn't think about songs ... I don't check the name of the set list, maybe I should. And maybe I also should consider songs in a set list always to be nonempty.

Yes. And since my patch names are correct for what they are, I didn't see the immediate need to retype them all again. Probably the easiest thing to check is to see if the set list name has been changed or if the first couple patches in the set list NOT the default Kronos grand piano. My first one *IS* but my second one is not.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
McHale wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
- empty name

- empty name

Yes. And since my patch names are correct for what they are, I didn't see the immediate need to retype them all again. Probably the easiest thing to check is to see if the set list name has been changed or if the first couple patches in the set list NOT the default Kronos grand piano. My first one *IS* but my second one is not.

I will think about a good way to find out if a set list has been changed or not. Either the set list name be changed and/or the references. I send you a version for multi editing soon.

Thanks for thinking with me!

McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
McHale wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
McHale wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
- empty name

- empty name

I will think about a good way to find out if a set list has been changed or not. Either the set list name be changed and/or the references. I send you a version for multi editing soon.

EVERYTHING works great in the latest version though. This has quickly become an amazing tool. The only thing it doesn't do is converting programs from one synth to another (like Triton to M3 or M50 to Kronos). It's very do-able but it would be time consuming mapping the multi-samples and settings. But do-able none the less. I'd be willing to do as much homework and research as possible if you ever decided to tackle it (down the road of course).

-Mc
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
McHale wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
McHale wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
- empty name

- empty name

EVERYTHING works great in the latest version though. This has quickly become an amazing tool. The only thing it doesn't do is converting programs from one synth to another (like Triton to M3 or M50 to Kronos). It's very do-able but it would be time consuming mapping the multi-samples and settings. But do-able none the less. I'd be willing to do as much homework and research as possible if you ever decided to tackle it (down the road of course).

-Mc

I'm a bit confused because I haven't fixed the set list problem (yet) ... I send you a new version to test the multiple selection tough. If it is ok I will probably publish it tomorrow (hope people don't get annoyed by too many micro updates).

For model conversion ... it sounds simple but it really isn't. Like you said, it's doable but time consuming. Cynkh is busy with some model conversions and I will not say I will not do it but I first want to concentrate on more basic features, which I probably need months or more to implement, like:
- being able to move patches from one bank to another
- move patches from one PCG to another PCG
- set list generator (for bands and gigging purposes)
- maybe some more lists (for categories e.g.)

And then I will look at model conversions. However, if someone (for example Cynkh) has finished a conversion I might incorporate the code.
But yes, it's on my (long term) wish list.

McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

testing multi-select now. I'll send you a PM in a few minutes. Thanks for the quick update. I won't be able to test to verify all moved programs get updated in all the related combis.

-Mc
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
testing multi-select now. I'll send you a PM in a few minutes. Thanks for the quick update. I won't be able to test to verify all moved programs get updated in all the related combis.

-Mc

You can assume that the program updates will be fine.
Thanks (you can also directly mail me if you like, sent you some mails too).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 5 of 61

Jump to: