Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG KIDDING US! PA3X IS BETTER THAN 4?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think that KORG PA4X worth buying?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 29 ]
No
51%
 51%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 60

Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's how I feel too, but for average users who don't want to be bothered with any of this, a feature like this might give them a starting point for home use. I would love to find out what korg's definition of Midi to style conversion is.

nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
Yeah, that's how I feel too, but for average users who don't want to be bothered with any of this, a feature like this might give them a starting point for home use. I would love to find out what korg's definition of Midi to style conversion is.

I agree. We may be talking apples and oranges here. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still 4 outputs ? are you freaking kidding me ?
400 sampling?
USB 2.0 for loading and saving?
Why are the keys on the 61 key version semi weighted and piano shaped?
why aren't they like the M3 keys ? or simply Synth action keys?

All this is what the pa3x should of been.
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as how direct outs bypass all effects, for the large majority of users they are of little use other than perhaps separating a played bassline to go off to a bass rig onstage with a live band...
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A separate out can also send a click track to a drummer.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
A separate out can also send a click track to a drummer.

I've used it a thousand times. It's so nice to have extra outputs available to do stuff like that. There wouldn't be any other way to send a click without having this option.

Dikikeys

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the deal is, two extra outs usually does the trick... Separate outs adds considerably to a keyboard's costs, requiring separate D/A's and output circuitry and jacks. I simply didn't get why there's much of a pressing need for more than four.

Mind you, my BK-9 only has the one pair of outs, but it DOES have a dedicated click out. That's enough for me... If I play live LH bass, the band gets to hear my other parts, too! Serves them right Twisted Evil
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:03 am    Post subject: Waiting for a cool feature.... Reply with quote

I know that it may sound a bit redundant, since the PA4X is an arranger, but what about adding KARMA to it?

This one also looks the closest to an OASYS in case design as well.

It would be really cool that in addition to the arranger features, that it would have KARMA as well. Then, make an 88-key version of this board to be another option and I really think that they would have another winner.

I know that I would surely get one if it had Karma on it. I would save up lotsa money to get an arranger with KARMA on it.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Waiting for a cool feature.... Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
I know that it may sound a bit redundant, since the PA4X is an arranger, but what about adding KARMA to it?

It would be really cool that in addition to the arranger features, that it would have KARMA as well. Then, make an 88-key version of this board to be another option and I really think that they would have another winner.

I know that I would surely get one if it had Karma on it. I would save up lotsa money to get an arranger with KARMA on it.

Grace,
Harry

Steven Kay offered to develop a Karma for PA4x, but Korg Italy refused and said their customers dont want Karma..

for an arranger, i would love to see Karma integrated in both style tracks as well as the pads... and even the right hand parts.. it would add another dimension and more dynamics...
But integrating Karma that deep into the arranger and creating specific content (because content is the magic word) is a very very costly operation.. and many things Karma can do can also be done with current ToTL arrangers...
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Waiting for a cool feature.... Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Musicwithharry wrote:

Grace,
Harry

Steven Kay offered to develop a Karma for PA4x, but Korg Italy refused and said their customers dont want Karma..

for an arranger, i would love to see Karma integrated in both style tracks as well as the pads... and even the right hand parts.. it would add another dimension and more dynamics...
But integrating Karma that deep into the arranger and creating specific content (because content is the magic word) is a very very costly operation.. and many things Karma can do can also be done with current ToTL arrangers...

You could use Karma with the Pa4X is you have a Kronos attached to it although it makes for a somewhat costly and bulky Karma dongle.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
nitecrawler wrote:
...Like they say, the devil is in the details ...

Exactly! I'm dying to know how the Midi to Style feature is supposed to work.

One of the Pa4x videos on Utube shows the process visibly. I do not understand the french language so don't know how descriptive the dialogue. The video showed a few button presses and then a screen showing "progress" as the mp3 was being converted to style format. It then shows the demonstrator engaging start, variation and fill buttons. No corresponding sound though. I would post a link but can't with my phone. Confused

Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
Sam CA wrote:
nitecrawler wrote:

One of the Pa4x videos on Utube shows the process visibly. I do not understand the french language so don't know how descriptive the dialogue. The video showed a few button presses and then a screen showing "progress" as the mp3 was being converted to style format. It then shows the demonstrator engaging start, variation and fill buttons. No corresponding sound though. I would post a link but can't with my phone. Confused

I think this is a video showing midi to style conversion.(@5:44)
https://youtu.be/TlSNc2KI3uI?t=5m44s
Have no clue what he is saying, don't understand french Smile
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 11 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
nitecrawler wrote:
Sam CA wrote:
nitecrawler wrote:

I think this is a video showing midi to style conversion.(@5:44)
https://youtu.be/TlSNc2KI3uI?t=5m44s
Have no clue what he is saying, don't understand french Smile

Yup, that's it. Thanks Cool

Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently you don't get to choose or set anything manually so it seems. If that's the case, it probably has a guideline as to how the midi file should be prepared for this purpose? Also, it might come with some pre-sets for different genres? They really should do a video on this feature alone. (Hopefully in English)

Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory is possible using some intelligent scripting to convert midi to style.
Software can recognize similar loops chord progression, different Drums beat, extract Fills, separate Intro and End, but I don't think Korg developers went that far, especially midi can be not perfect, all is kinda unique.
My guess is what they did, they maybe did reverse engineering, mean basic on many midi create on Backing Sequence mode, but who knows.
Back to years ago when they advertise Voice remover on Video everybody was shock, so cool,.... but we know how this work Wink
For now we just have to wait until are forum experts get in their hands Pa4x and find out the true, then posted details.
On other hands I believe if you do some preparing, modification in midi this feature may be good tool.
I already like Pa4x for store chord sequencer and Direct load styles.
Great Job !!!
Also I hope they did improve midi Messages to get more control over pads and maybe just maybe add the way using midi to start/ stop Chord sequencer.
Dancing
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 11 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: