Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changes for me
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the best Jerry Smile
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still Love U Jerry, And thank you 4 all you gived us bro!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I "fell from the sky" when I red this!!
I wish you good luck, Jerry!!
You will soon find a better job...!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Regards,
Dimitris
Lee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,
Sorry to see you leave Korg USA, Thanks for all the help with the Korg products while you were there...don't be a stranger here...
Lee
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My position "was eliminated" back in October, 2010

Thankfully I got to say a goodbye face to face so no need for me to express here now much I respect you for all you have done, and for everything you stand for as a person and a KORG guy.

Note to KORG.....
You have lost a great man and made a very stupid mistake.

I fear that even the future of KORG Forums is at risk at this stage. KORG already $hit on Daz so much he stepped down, and KORG have already done their fair share of crap to me already too.

I really don't get it. Seems if you are a positive person willing to give a 110%, they cut the legs from underneath you.

Not good KORG, not good at all. Mad

Regards
Sharp.
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:

Note to KORG.....

One of many, I'd say...

Sharp wrote:

I really don't get it. Seems if you are a positive person willing to give a 110%, they cut the legs from underneath you.

I mean, TBH, that's nothing new. But I feel that we should all just move on and try to live our lives without complaining or resenting. Hopefully, just making it on our own - if that's the way it has to be...
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I never wrote but ... I am just one more that read you with great interest. Hope the future will be BRIGHT!!!!

Best of luck ALWAYS!!!

ellll (Johnny John Very Happy)
peter m. mahr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Quote:

Thankfully I got to say a goodbye face to face so no need for me to express here now much I respect you for all you have done, and for everything you stand for as a person and a KORG guy.

Note to KORG.....

I fear that even the future of KORG Forums is at risk at this stage. KORG already $hit on Daz so much he stepped down, and KORG have already done their fair share of crap to me already too.

Regards
Sharp.

Is this another fake posting here like the one about the new Yamaha workstation or are you serious? If it is the latter, I am quite surprised that there was no response to this posting so far.

However...... it is a strange time, with strange things going on.

Peter
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

Quote:
Is this another fake posting here

No it is not, Sharp is the forum owner and he and Daz did all the sysop work together.

Regards,
Rob
ozy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, Sharp's unease is not really News. It's been perceivable for a while, even from me - and I am not an old acquaintance of this forum. Just listening.

And it's not just Sharp, or Daz (whom I never even had the chance to meet, methinks)

I remember Rob, one year ago, scolding me for my slightly un-patient approach to Korg Italy (about a "pet peeve"... a 5 months waiting list for a quote on spare parts Shocked )...

I dunno if he would use the same parameters of judgement today.

I must say that the distance I kept from the Oasys - I subscribed here, in the first place, as a research tool for eventually buying it (then I stayed for the fun Razz ) -, then from the Kronos, owes more than some to my perception of this lingering mood between Korg and some of its supporters.

Uhm...

When you are on the verge of a massive world advertising campaign... 10 or 20 e-mails and calls to opinion leaders... how much could they cost? Mending some misunderstanding, listening for 5 minutes, asnwering some polite "maybes.

Any used cars salesman knows better than making enemies among clients.

Last edited by ozy on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
peter m. mahr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

I was more or less sure that Sharp was serious, I just wanted to rule out this possibility.

Quite surprising.... and definitely not good, but on the other hand what should I expect as customer from a company naming the successor of Uranus ( known to the public as Oasys) Kronos. Very sick...

But thanks for xour explanation, Rob.

Peter
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
I remember Rob, one year ago, scolding me for my slightly un-patient approach to Korg Italy (about a "pet peeve"... a 5 months waiting list for a quote on spare parts Shocked )... I dunno if he would use the same parameters of judgement today.

Hi Ozy,

At the time I was trying to resolve problems as best I could between Korg as a supplier and their arranger keyboard customers. But I said on the Pa2x section last month that I'm no longer offering support or advice. There is now a conflict of interest. So there is no judgement or whatever from me re Korg any more.

Regards,
Rob
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter m. mahr wrote:
Sharp wrote:
Quote:

Note to KORG.....

Regards
Sharp.

Is this another fake posting here like the one about the new Yamaha workstation or are you serious? If it is the latter, I am quite surprised that there was no response to this posting so far.

However...... it is a strange time, with strange things going on.

Peter

The one making fake postings was me... and it was so obvious everyone should have recognised it as a fake...

Sharp as Forum owner would never make a fake posting or write anything he could not back up, being the forum owner brings a responsibillity he doesn't take light. So there is nothing but truth and an honest expresion of his emotions in his words.
peter m. mahr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read Post: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:30 pm
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry -

Just a note to thank you most sincerely for your professional, caring and insightful engagement with all on this forum while you were with Korg. You provided great insight and enthusiasm for us all despite the constraints upon you at times due to your loyalty to Korg and commitment to your job. I am, as I'm sure almost everyone here is, extremely grateful to you for all you did for us over the unique 'OASYS Era'. I had never encountered the like with a technology company and I'm sure we'll not see the like of it again any time soon. You helped create a wonderfully inclusive and innovative collaborative 'project' and community between Korg and it's users, especially through the OASYS Beta-testing programme - so I thank you again for your hugely positive contribution to my life and experience in music with Korg. I equally thank Dan, Brandon and Stephen, among others, for that.

I'm very sorry to hear your job description with Korg is gone. I experienced this once in my life - I went on vacation for 2 weeks when with Sun Microsystems only to return and find my job had literally disappeared. NOT a fun experience. Fortunately for me I managed to muster another role for myself in Sun as times were good and they were expanding. But I understand, a little, how you must feel and hope you take none of it personally and all of it on the chin - you are a massively creative and talented person and this is Korg's loss. It's easy to say it from afar but I am confident you will gain a new position and any company that takes you on will get the better end of the deal, make no bones about it.

Great to hear you're staying around on this forum!

All the best for the coming weeks and months.

Cheers,
Kevin.

Last edited by Kevin Nolan on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: