Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA5X - a REAL photo...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
archil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8GB RAM? Now we are talking! (if true)

Hope it doesn't take 3 min to boot...
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all these video leaks from youtube I'm starting hating KORG!!! I feel so dump waiting for KORG to make an announcement about why has it seemed inferior to the circumstances? Unfortunately, we have been imprisoned for so many years because of the quality, the convenience and the excellent instruments that she has but I see "smart" people getting rich on youtube to show us mocking PA5X icons and KORG let it happen!!! Why???
archil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitris wrote:
and KORG let it happen!!! Why???

To build up hype
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitris wrote:
and KORG let it happen!!! Why???

Seriously, Korg has no choice - there would be no case against the rumour-mongers unless there was some serious defamation or provable industrial espionage or breaking NDAs.
Korg (and others - Yamaha too) have always had the "rumours" constantly emerging.

The latest photo does look real at least. I agree that it would be in Korg's interest to make some comment - even if it is to say that there is no offical information on new products.
I would be horrified to think that Korg made the decision to rumour a new model particularly as pathetically as it has been done with the PA5X.

I am making some deeper enquiries and will disclose what I can but only if from the horse's mouth and official.

I guess it is quite possible that the latest photo is in fact the real thing, but it is pointless to be asking questions about it unless the rumour originator(s) are prepared to explain where all this has come from.

We will have no idea what is under the covers if that is a real PA5X. Visually, it is not super exciting, and, yes, instantly raises questions about "missing buttons" etc etc...

Stress not and enjoy your PA4X and the fact that you haven't parted with piles of hard-earned money yet on a new box of bugs Wink - that was unkind of me - sorry Korg - only Joking!!! I'm sure I'll be as excited as many others if/when there is a new model....

Take care

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
kleant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these leaks are real it appears Korg are testing the market and getting ready for a release however I believe the latest leaks are still preproduction models prototipes sent to Korg employers around the world for internal testing, it's not clear how many are made. The latest photos and videos seems to be from the same model/leak even so I don't think it's very hard for Korg to know who has released this photos/videos with or without permission.

What is apparent from before blurred images and now made clear from the latest photo is that the style play START/Stop button is not working as before but instead they have replaced it with 2 START/Stop buttons from the players section which can fade styles from one another using the fader. So you can select 1 style on first player section and another on the second player and you could mix them together with the fader how this will work exactly with synch will wait and see for more leaks in the future.

The deal breaker for me for a pa4x replacement has to be the hardware power and the OS, if its the same 3 GB Ram with virtual memory it's not enough no matter how many fancy LED colour buttons they put on it. They must sort the sample slots limit and commit to OS updates in regular basis not only when bugs are found.

Personally I'm not parting with my Korg P4x even if a Pa5X is released this year.
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So,till now......Bugs and pics make Korg unique Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
MikeVVught

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not new to Korg. In 2007 the same situation happened around the announcement of the Pa2X Pro... By accident it was visible on the official Korg page but a couple of hours later it had been delete from the site....

I'm not surprised this al happens. For some without any idea, for others nothing new... Korg marketing... Probing if it shall be popular amongst customers.
usaraiya

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent the HD picture of the supposed new PA5X to Frank from AudioworksCT who spoke with Korg and they said the following:

"They did say they are developing it, they will not deny or confirm the picture, but they doubt highly about the timetable of release"

So, basically, no new information!
Sad
Bescki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niki_Keyz wrote:
Yes…those are synchro Stop/Start buttons. But there still isn’t a main start/stop button.

There is Start button Smile I don't know why you cannot see?!

There are 2 start buttons. 1 is for left style and 1 is for right style...

Also you can fade in/out between styles...

These buttons are also for songs Wink

Cheers
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
usaraiya

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this discussion about "buttons & bows" seems like water under the bridge, as we can't authenticate the legitimacy of the picture, which may not even be the final cut.
I suggest that we hold our horses until Korg makes an official announcement regarding the PA5X, as nothing that we discuss has any credence until that happens.
Just my 2 cents.
Smile
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niki_Keyz wrote:
Yes…those are synchro Stop/Start buttons. But there still isn’t a main start/stop button.

Bescki wrote:
There is Start button I don't know why you cannot see?!

But, in the picture, there is no main "Start/Stop" button (for Styles) as on the PA4X,PA3X,PA2X,PA1X - maybe it is now on the wooden end panel Wink but definitely not visible in that picture.
This is probably all a waste of time speculating over something that isn't REAL as yet... Confused
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is right. If you take a look at the picture, the start/stop button is actually our play/pause button for the mp3 on the 4x. But this one has a button to select style or song. This is very impressive. I also noticed on the main screen that there are two styles selected. Can’t wait to see what korg has rolled up their sleeves. It has been 7 years since the last totl arranger from korg. I’m hoping this will be thee one to put the PA series back on top on everyone’s list. Let’s wait and see the official specs.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buttons are "PLAYER1 Style....Song" and "PLAYER2 Style....Song" which makes no sense in relation to STOP/STARTING a style compared to PA4X

The reason is probably due to lack of understanding what Korg intend but so far we do not have the ability to STOP/START 2 different STYLES.
Does this then mean we can have 2 STYLES loaded ready to play and fade-in/out like SONG PLAY?

Very Happy
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i remember right, start/stop is at the most left side of the keyboard....at least at the picture i saw

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
usaraiya

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is Synchro Start/Stop, not the regular Start/Stop.
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

Jump to: