Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is your K61 clicking when you play lower keys?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madbeatzyo111 wrote:
Sparkie's post wasn't too egregious...but he did sound slightly drunk Laughing

Uh.. what time is it?..hiccup%.. What Post??.. Hiccupppp.. hiccup..where did she go? .......I want my MTV ....
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No clacking across the 61 model at all. I really have to say that this is the nicest 61 key action I have ever played. I don't LIKE synth action per se, but, this one is really nice. Most of the time though I have Kronos MIDIed to an 88 key instrument so perhaps I need to play it more "native" to double check.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
wan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my K61 there is clacking noise in the lower octave. I've investigated and i can stop the clacking bij inserting a piece of soft plastic (bag from a stylus) between the metal bar at the front bottom and the plastic housing of the joystick just left under the bottom key. So i now guess the clacking is caused by the movement of the metal bar against that plastic housing. Kind of silly, but the piece of soft plastic just does help so i keep it there. Thinking of a more structural solution though.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine doesn't click, but I have one key that is going upwards slower than others, so when I play very fast staccato it doesn't reach its normal position resulting in reduced velocity. It's the middle D key under the touch screen.

Also when I lift it gently up a few millimeters, it stays in an awkward position which is not possible with other keys.

For the rest: great keybed, aftertouch is very usable.

Has anybody else has this problem?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: