Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg triton Extreme or Yamaha Motif ES
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LTEDT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo instruments esp saxophones are very realistic. S900 is prob the cheapest instrument to buy just to get those beautiful sounds.

But, i just dont like the pianos on S900. I still love the pianos on the Extreme(BD & Steinway), maybe cos i'm used to it. I've tried XS. Pianos do sound good on those anyways...Don't know why they din't sound good on S900; one thing i dont find is dynamics.... But S900 is the way to go if you already have Korg M3,M50 or Extreme..

Rgds,
Charles
Korg Kronos 61 - #2450
Korg D3200

http://soundcloud.com/charles-philip-john
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles, see the following thread for a piano tweak that you can load on the S900. The S900 has the Live! stereo GrandPiano samples, which are very good, but the velocity sensitivity needs to be tweeked a bit on the S900, which might account for your impression of the dynamics.

http://www.yamahapkowner.com/forum/index.php?topic=9645.0

To me, the S900 is the bargain Tyros2. It's nice to see another S900 owner here, because a lot of people get blinded by the PSR label without ever realizing that the PSR-S900 is a whole lot closer to the Tyros2 than any other keyboard Yamaha makes, other than the new Tyros3 of course.
LTEDT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks xmlguy!!

That version of piano sounds much better than the preset and the sound changes as the mod-wheel turns from bright to dark...Interesting! I will need sometime to get used to it...after buying this keyboard i realised how unique the Extreme (Korg keyboards in general) is. I have about 10-15 piano combi's with lush pads which i dont know how i'll be able to produce even remotely on the S900...but then, S900 is too good for what it does and for its price (about USD1065)

You won't regret buying S900!!!
Korg Kronos 61 - #2450
Korg D3200

http://soundcloud.com/charles-philip-john
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to help.

There is quite a different focus between the Extreme and S900, which is why I have both and probably why you do too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: