Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HERE ARE THE VERY LATEST OFFICIAL FACTS: PA2X against PA1X!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the PA2X is simply a repackaged PA800 and the PA800 was a PA1X with better poly and sampling ram. The only significant difference other than that was the introduction of the guitar mode which was really the only innovation between the PA1X and PA800 . Just who exactly needs a motorised display screen ?????????? Just an adjustable one would have done nicely.

Does anyone have any info on how long it will take to load 512mb of ram into the new PA2X ? That could be really significant in terms of its useability in live use but simply wonderful in the studio .

For those with the PA1X and PA800 there is little need to change unless you really need the extra sampling ram and 76 keys. I know the PA800 and the PA2x are supposed to have a new sound engine but in all honesty , i cant hear the difference to the old technology. I challenge anyone to close their eyes and tell me if they can hear a difference between them.

The problem for Korg is that they made a ground breaking and outstanding instrument in the PA1x and they have now simply run out of ideas !!!
Sartorius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kardo wrote:
mr.Sartorius can you answer my question please?
will korg make pa2x 61 keys with speaker???

...then the PA800 should be your choice!
It's what you looking for!
UKSimon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's going to be down to how you currently use the PA1Xpro as to whether the new board is worth the upgrade.

For me personally, the PA2XPro adds all the things that I wanted in the PA1XPro, so for me the upgrade will definitely be on the cards. Others I'm sure will be a bit disappointed.

The other thing to bear in mind is that we are looking at a version 1 of a new keyboard. If you cast your mind back, you'll remember that the Version 1 PA1X we had was almost a completely different instrument to the V3 we have today. At least the new board has beefed up the hardware so that maybe new OS updates will give us more goodies in the future.

Best

Simon
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

Just my personal feelings and observations....

I can't help but believe that this is simply a 76-note PA800 (perhaps with a couple of little extras).

This cannot be classed as an upgrade. I think that Korg needs to think about future arrangers from their competition - I believe that there is "new" due from Yamaha and of course the Ketron. What is Roland up to? etc etc...

I am seriously thinking of expanding my "arranger" gear and considering another vendor. This is merely because I don't want to spend a lot of money on a very small update by going to the PA2XPro. If the going price is Euro 3000 then that is going to be very expensive to change PA1XPro for the PA2XPro.

Also I wonder how long this new PA2XPro will be "current" before we see a serious upgrade.

None of this is intended as a complaint or criticism of Korg - their gear is "A" grade and world class - I am delighted with my PA1XPro - can't fault it!!

Cheers

Pete Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
titogd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SINGLE five WORDS….kORG continues recycle the keyboards
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Witdit, i realy like the way you telling us about evriything.
Problem is evrybody acts like they are working for KORG!
I,m a very nice player/Programmer of this unit, i heave great Contacts but, stil hate some stuff that KORG and Other brands are doining.
So this KB is not a replacement , So we are just old people who dont now anything about electronics, so we dont heave laptops, USB,s and we never use a cellphone MP3 player?
HMMMM.
Comoon, KORG is super keyboards but, why they give us litle at the TIME?

So EXB boards not useful?
So we heave now the 256 Sample ram and we must do all self?
STOOP!

The only thing that can be my dream come true, that they give us the EXB,s for free, and as Sample , s, OR wery cheep USB EXB,s ITS POSSIBLE!
YES COMOON!
EVRYTHING IS POSSBLE!
thomasteele

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I like the idea of a clock I wish I had that thats the only thing I like
and more ram thats the real only differance form my pa800 .
The german exb boards with organ sounds etc etc why didnt korg use these on the new upgrade i would be buying a newpa2x but it is no differant exepe moving tilt screen as Technics had weighted keys
K_music

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a pitch slider like the Extreme or like the M3's ?? it would have been awesome!?.. and hopes there are a better enginer, and works very fast!
Sartorius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
I can't help but believe that this is simply a 76-note PA800 (perhaps with a couple of little extras).

You are right, the PA800 and the PA2Xpro are the ONE and NEW Top-Keyboard in TWO Designs!

You have to compare these two with the PA1X and you will find lots of news,
f.e. 664 ROM Samples! (the PA1 has 444 Samples)
that means 160 Samples MORE!!!

the other features you get here
http://www.mister-music.de/pa2pa1engl.doc

greetings
Jürgen
serop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm a new member here this is my first post here but I have read the threads for a long time now...

Over to the new pa2x...well the more I look at it the more I wish this is just a joke. I have been waiting for more than four years to see the upcomer but when you expect korg to pick up the best of what technology has to offer and see the spec list, I get confused and a bit dissapointed.

I had been hoping for a new screen with a better interface, a slider like the one in the triton or why not the one in z1. New design is what I think is a must in every new upcoming keyboard. The exb slots, what happened to them? I thought korg would allow us to expand it with moss or radias some of the killer expansions.

I just hope it's more than a few new sounds and a bigger sampler.

Most of all I just hope that this pic is a joke and that they are hiding the real pic of it! Laughing
robthemuso

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't understand why there is no mention of the PAx2 on the Korgpa site Confused
Regards
Rob
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea , Why dosint KORG come out whit this, They SHAME i think, couse this is REALY confusing us al.
Maybe they are testing us for their new KB,s , if we did like it than KORG may go in and tell us , YES THIS IS A NEW KORG, but nooo.

Sory , but dont you think this is a JOKE anyway?
I love the IDEA , if it was an UPGARE to the PA1x series, but now in a new BOX a new KB , no this is not a new KB , this is UPGRADE OPTIONS FOR THE PAX SERIES THAT WE; CUSTOMERS COME UP WHIT!
THIS IS OUR IDEAS , SO DONT TAKE THE STAGE KORG!
Razz
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon guys - I think we have turned into a bunch of whingers. Korg really needed to do this upgrade. Its not about convincing us to upgrade but about them staying in the market. If I were looking for my first professional arranger keyboard this would definitely be the one. Think about it - you walk into the shop looking for a 76 keyboard and it has a floppy drive, 62 poly and no USB drive connection - are you going to buy it?. Now this new board is really worth a look at. We have been spoilt with a keyboard ahead of its time and should be thankful that its still up there with the best!
John
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI REUBEN.
You are rigth about some things , but this is definitly not the best hardware maded stuff. Please just look at the world, there is faster HD, s better connes than USB, bigger ram ,s and better displays on just a DVD player.
This is an entertainer KB, and we are entertainers , most of us.
Anyway we agree that this is great futuring upcoming, but why the heck they toke away the EXB,s from the beginning, I,m talking about PAX, not the 2x, than they come out whit a unit again, whitout the best of the best useful upgrades, TAKE A OASYS , PUT THE BEST ACC OPTIONS ON IT, PUT EXB SLOTS, MAKE EQ, KICK OUT DISK DRIVE, USE DVD COMBO, USB & SATA CONNEX, 2 GB of RAM, READ AKAI LIKE AKAI!
READ SAMPLE FILES REX FILES CUBASE FILES ETC, THAN FIX IN A CABINET JUST ALUMINIUM, WHIT SAME SLIDERS FROM OASYS WHIT LIGTHS; AND NOW WE HEAVE BEST CHRISMAS TREE!
AND THE BEST SELLING KB EVER!
I forget many thing , but i,m sure there is other ppl that can tell you more.
C ya ,
I,m still in love whit KORG.
OLD LOVERS! Razz Razz
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korg.hu/fajlok/178_nk2.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: