Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Driver Utility did not remove midi driver cleanly, BSOD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esppse

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 3:18 am    Post subject: Korg Driver Utility did not remove midi driver cleanly, BSOD Reply with quote

Hello,

I am familiar with the Korg USB midi drivers, where the synth must appear in the 1st 10 midi devices recognized by Windows.

I uninstalled many from the Korg Driver Utility... big mistake. It does not remove the other 3rd party drivers cleanly and causes corruption for a couple.

Two drivers that were never properly reinstalled were the built in Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, which I use for Guitar Pro composition... and a very important M-Audio Midisport 4x4.

Within 5 seconds of plugging in my M-Audio Midisport 4x4, I get a BSOD crash.

system_thread_exception_not_handled
MAudioMIDISPORT.sys

I tried 4 times, and got 4 BSODs. If only I uninstalled that driver by it's own uninstaller instead of the Korg Utility, I am pretty sure this would have never happened.

I even uninstalled & reinstalled the M-Audio driver multiple times, as Admin and multiple compatibility settings, all to no avail.

Somehow, that utility must have left residual files or corrupted the registry.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or know exactly which file location/registry key that the Korg Utility tampers with?

I have tried for 2 years on and off the get the Microsoft GS Wavetable to work, but it does not. It shows up in the Device Manager, but never in any DAWs or midi compositional software like it used to.

The M-Audio on the other hand doesn't even show up in Device Manager (even after Showing Hidden Items).

How can I fix this issue?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: