Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SDD Backup - SDD Clone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brunoedgardo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:55 pm    Post subject: SDD Backup - SDD Clone Reply with quote

Hi, my Kronos is about 10 years old and I was thinking of making a backup by cloning the entire SDD. Any ideas? What software do you recommend? Can I use Windows, or connect the original SSD to a PC with Windows without damaging it?

The idea is, if the original SSD fails, I can start using the cloned SSD.

Thanks!
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Read and follow Purgatory instructions on the link below. Disregard others' comments, as most are incorrect. That is how I cloned mine and it works perfectly since years. You can also clone your disk on a larger SSD to get more space for sound libraries, songs, etc.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=118683&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Quark

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it by AOMEI backupper freeware. Just choose clone entire drive and make sure it does sector by sector. I then used AOMEI partion assistent freeware, because it was a 128Gb drive.

I even managed to make an image using AOMEI (sector by sector) and putting it on another 128gb ssd drive, and it boots up just fine Smile

God luck Smile
JFree

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used one of these devices and it's worked great for me. I've also cloned too a bigger drive and then extended the partition.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTHQKHFP/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B0BTHQKHFP&pd_rd_w=TpKBn&content-id=amzn1.sym.f734d1a2-0bf9-4a26-ad34-2e1b969a5a75&pf_rd_p=f734d1a2-0bf9-4a26-ad34-2e1b969a5a75&pf_rd_r=W6BXPDT4SBJMAM49QQME&pd_rd_wg=z3JIJ&pd_rd_r=48f9776e-988f-4351-9bd5-cc14944c4a0d&s=pc&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: