Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos - what next?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if this seems like heresy for a large part of you girls and boys :
I think that the next real works station from Korg should be a big Cube without keyboard and with a big screen.
Everyone could add a master keyboard for controling theis big new beast !

A little as Steve Jobs many years ago made with Next but immensely powerful and above all easily transportable

Hope! Hope Hope !
Yes for me it will be grat.

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron wrote:
The Astrolab may point to the future, but it's a toy compared to the Kronos.
Only 2 parts, 10 presets, limited effects, 61 keys only etc..

One feature I use all the time is is muting and unmuting of up to 9 parts (layered or split), persevering polyphony when not using parts, FAST changes due to the awesome set lists feature.

No other keyboard (that I know of) can do this quickly and easily.

How about the new Roland Fantom EX? It can be added to the list with the Kurzweil and Arturia.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am praying they will come out with a VST version of the Kronos, either as a package or the individual sound engines. Poly61 and MS20 are already there but I rarely use those. AL-1 is pretty critical to me as is HD-1 with Wavesequencing and Karma.

All the other engines I could probably replace with other plugins these days, but it would be a lot of work, so if there was a VST Kronos which allowed me to get up and running with my PLG files, I would grab it in an instant!

In terms of failures on stage, I like to do a "what if" exercise and say of a bit of kit failed, what could I do? E.g. I gig with a Montage and Kronos as my main rig, and if one went down I could probably get by with just the other, so I have a set of emergency patches programmed on both (Hammond, EP, Piano, String pad, a few leads of different types.

And always have your backups with you! I learnt the hardware about ten years ago, that a backup of your board or computer (in this case the computer, is no use when it is an hour's round trip away!

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use a Kurzweil and I liked it. Unfortunately it was very unreliable and after a while I couldn't justify using it. As for Roland - I just don't get along with their overall sounds. I have an RD-88 and the sounds are better - but I guess I am so used to Yamaha and Korg sounds - which I like.

I always try the "cube"; in my case - Mac mini running MainStage. But I don't think it could handle one of my gigs that require fast patch changes like the Kronos. I haven't pushed it to its limits. I also have the first M1 version - which is capped at 16GB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: