Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

price of new PA5x

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keith-helen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:15 pm    Post subject: price of new PA5x Reply with quote

Please , please accept this post as for information purposes and not mischievous purposes. A friend of mine rang me up and said he was thinking of bying a 88 note PA5x as they have come down in price. I went on google and typed in Korg PA 5x and it appears that it is possible to buy a new 88 note for £4177.00 and 76 note for £3150.00 is this universal?

Regards

Keith Lawton
and PaAs have now got left handed banjo
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith,
A.C.Hamilton are selling new PA5X 88's for £3,299. This is £900 less than the retail price of £4,199.
They are also selling PA5X 76's for £3,150 which is £849 less than the retail price of £3,999.
I hope this information does not contravene Forum rules.
Chris

Last edited by chelsea4023 on Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: Canadian prices.
The 61 is $6,400 or £3,750
The 76 is $7,000 or £4,150.
The 88 is $7,300 or £4,275
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Giner,
Thanks for your information regarding Canada prices.
I would suggest that you be a little more specific and give two sets of prices (as I have done). That would be the current Canadian retail price, and the the price you would actually have to pay the seller of the keyboard. These would have to be brand new boxed prices.

In the U.K. we have a lot of Music Stores selling used PA5X's as many owners have returned them because of the ongoing O/S issues, the issues with the dark blobs on the buttons and also the fact that the PA5X might not suit their needs. These would not be relevant to Keith's original question but they would be even cheaper than the selling prices quoted.
Chris
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodness knows where you are looking.

61 key £2917

76 key £3154

81 key £3390

Prices from Music Matter in Preston.

I bought my Pa5X 76 from them for under £3000.

Given them a ring, they will be far more amenable to discounting than A&C Hamilton who are also in Preston.

I know them both well and now would only buy any kit from Music Matter
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi Giner,
Thanks for your information regarding Canada prices.
I would suggest that you be a little more specific and give two sets of prices (as I have done). That would be the current Canadian retail price, and the the price you would actually have to pay the seller of the keyboard. These would have to be brand new boxed prices.

In the U.K. we have a lot of Music Stores selling used PA5X's as many owners have returned them because of the ongoing O/S issues, the issues with the dark blobs on the buttons and also the fact that the PA5X might not suit their needs. These would not be relevant to Keith's original question but they would be even cheaper than the selling prices quoted.
Chris

Hi Chris,

The prices I have there are brand new boxed retail from my local store Long & McQuade, the largest chain in the country. It’s worth mentioning that arrangers here are nowhere near the sales volumes in the U.K., Europe and much of the world, I mean you very rarely see any arranger players in pubs, restaurants, private functions, etc., so stores are rigid in their pricing.

As for used keyboards, slimmer pickings yet. I live in a city of 1.2 million and in the last five years I can count on one hand the number of used keyboards I’ve seen up for grabs, and most of them have been Yamaha models. I see the prices yourself and Biggles mention and envy you guys.
AdamWhittle

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best pricing around is Scan Pro Audio...
https://www.scan.co.uk/search?q=Pa5x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: