Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Play Kronos sounds thru PA4x keyboard and vice versa

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mickemusik

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:46 am    Post subject: Play Kronos sounds thru PA4x keyboard and vice versa Reply with quote

Hi! I would like to be able to play for instance Kronos Organ sounds thru PA4x keyboard since the kronos 73 keyboards are weighted. I also want to play sound on the Kronos keyboard to control the vocal harmonies when i´m singing. I only use midifiles as backing tracks. I dont need to do both ways in the same song. Does anyone have solution how to setup midichannels, midicables etc to do this? Best Regards Michael Delsefors
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use two standard MIDI cables to connect the MIDI Out on each keyboard to the MIDI In of the other, and see what happens.

Mickemusik

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Use two standard MIDI cables to connect the MIDI Out on each keyboard to the MIDI In of the other, and see what happens.

Thanx for fast reply!

I have connected them with 2 cables. The midifile i play on PA4x player send program change on ch 16 to the Kronos för right sound in the setlist. I can play for instance piano on Kronos and send Note data to Pa4x for controlling harmonies when I sing thru the Voice FX in Pa4x. I have tried to make a "silent" keyboard set in Pa4x and set to external midi. I can then play kronos sounds. The problem is that it also sends program change from that keyboard set so I get the wrong setlist sound in Kronos. it overrides the program change in the midi file.
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about the Pa4x, so this is just something to look at to see if it works.

It sounds like your midi files are playing okay and sending program changes to 16 on the Kronos. But apparently, the Pa4x is also sending program changes to 16, correct?

If the Pa4x, like the Kronos, has the concept of the Global channel that it uses to transmit things like program changes, look in the menu and see if you can change it to something other than 16. That way the midi file will send to the right channel on the Kronos, but if the Pa4x is sending to, say, channel 1, it won't stomp on your program changes.

The other way of approaching this would be to change the Global channel on the Kronos, which I do know is possible (I've done it myself). In this scenario you would change the midi file to point to the new Kronos global channel and the program changes the Pa4x sends on 16 would no longer mess with the Kronos set list.

Let me know if either of these helps you get to where you want to go.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: