Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Woody Piano Shack has arrived.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
I watched the unboxing of the Pa5x by Woody .

He was obviously very excited and his joy is infectious . I think he is going to have a lot of fun with it so long as he doesn’t go too deep in editing styles etc.

I am genuinely looking forward to seeing his other follow up videos .

When he was playing at the end , he seemed extremely happy with the styles and overall sound of the board .

Great start .

Certainly, Woody is a reputable individual known for his enthusiastic approach. He maintains a fair and unbiased stance when reviewing products on his YouTube channel, having covered a wide range of keyboard and soft synth categories over the years.

However, the timing of this particular review is intriguing. Woody typically retains a reviewing keyboard for an extended period, conducting thorough and intermittent reviews of a single product. This raises the question of whether the strategy here is to release a significant update during Woody's evaluation of the PA5X.

If this were to occur, it would likely generate renewed excitement and enthusiasm from Woody, given his passionate and journalistic reporting style. While this is merely speculation, the indications in my tea leaves strongly suggest that this could indeed be the case.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if the good folks here believe Woodys review of the pa5x is any indication of an impending new OS then they are likely to be disappointed.

I respect the continued hope for Korg to support this product and some would argue finish it . But I suspect you’ve got what got and that’s all folks .

Anyway keep enjoying your instrument and making good music 👍
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
I think if the good folks here believe Woodys review of the pa5x is any indication of an impending new OS then they are likely to be disappointed.

I respect the continued hope for Korg to support this product and some would argue finish it . But I suspect you’ve got what got and that’s all folks .

Anyway keep enjoying your instrument and making good music 👍

Certainly, I comprehend your perspective entirely. However, I must respectfully acknowledge that I have consistently found the tea leaves to be a reliable source of guidance. Cool
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Certainly, I comprehend your perspective entirely. However, I must respectfully acknowledge that I have consistently found the tea leaves to be a reliable source of guidance. Cool”.

There’s your mistake ! Drink orange juice , it’s healthier for you and doesn’t leave misleading messsges in the residue 👍
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
“Certainly, I comprehend your perspective entirely. However, I must respectfully acknowledge that I have consistently found the tea leaves to be a reliable source of guidance. Cool”.

There’s your mistake ! Drink orange juice , it’s healthier for you and doesn’t leave misleading messsges in the residue 👍

It is amusing to observe that, despite the challenges of the past two years around here, a sense of humor persists within this community Smile
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Like Very Happy

I was going to add last night that tea leaves are only visible once you’ve consumed the product, at which point the consumption of which either leaves you satisfied or with a sour taste in your mouth. Parallels to a Pa5X purchase perhaps?
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giner wrote:
^ Like Very Happy

I was going to add last night that tea leaves are only visible once you’ve consumed the product, at which point the consumption of which either leaves you satisfied or with a sour taste in your mouth. Parallels to a Pa5X purchase perhaps?

In the context of the Korg PA5X community, you present an accurate comparison....
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst Woody’s videos are good he has only just got the 5X so has quite a learning curve to go before he gets to the standard of other contributors like Qui Robinez whose Video Tutorials I have been watching to get back into using a Pa after five years away.
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXbfW3--O8A
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Woody's latest PA5X video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWHYKq1A4FY

Chris

p.s. Please remember to read the comments section as a couple of things that Woody missed are mentioned.
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Another Woody video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML_k0egdMNg

Chris

p.s. this would not be of much use to PA5X owners as it just demonstrates some styles. More for people who might be interested in a PA5X purchase.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: