Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maybe today I will say goodbye to KORG.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: PA4 > PA5 user Reply with quote

JagiChan wrote:
tavro wrote:
Dear all,

After a 20 very happy years with Pa1 - Pa4x - easy to use, never any problems - I decided to buy a Pa5X.

Disappointed is too small a word !

I can see what they've tried to do, and in some cases there are improvements. However, there is none of the musicality that blessed the Pa1x pro > Pa4x *.
Anyone wanting an arranger keyboard, buy any of Korg's previous models on ebay, not this turkey.

Tavro

Same here, Did not get all in my Braincells!

*PS I understand Korg's earlier models were developed in Italy. Currently, a valiant arranger keyboard competitor is Ketron and the Event. Based in Italy. Coincidence? Worth exploring? Probably! However, you have more chance of finding pink unicorn s**t, than a dealer that keeps both in stock.

Now you have left all of us confused. In the beginning, you say, I'm happy buying the Korg PA5X and then you rant about all the problems; and finally, you conclude with advice to buy a used Korg previous model.

I really did not understand the point you were trying to make here.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
tavro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:11 am    Post subject: Not Happy with PA5X Reply with quote

Sorry if I didn't make it clear.

1. Very happy with previous models ( PA1X - PA4X )

2. Very disappointed with the PA5X.

Tavro
ExTyrosFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Not Happy with PA5X Reply with quote

tavro wrote:
Sorry if I didn't make it clear.

1. Very happy with previous models ( PA1X - PA4X )

2. Very disappointed with the PA5X.

Tavro

Hi everyone. I must be the dumbest person ever! Even after reading all the latest posts about the issues around the PA5X I still went ahead and purchased a used one off ebay. Yes I know everyone will call me stupid; but I tried going back to Yamaha with a toy SX700 and for some reason I still missed the temperamental problems and complication that the Korg had. The Yamaha is just too clinical and user friendly. I realized that by buying a Korg and for that matter a PA5X I was going back to what I enjoyed doing. Investigating issues, tinkering with problems and then enjoying the feeling when you get to solve something and making it work. It is not just about playing the music and entertaining my family that I love about the Korg. It is the hours of messing about on forums, working on style conversions and fiddling with sounds to make them just right. When you buy a Korg its like having a old used Alfa Romeo in the garage. It drives like stink and breaks down all the time but you still love working on it! Give me a thumbs up if you agree or a thumbs down if you think I have lost my marbles !!! Cool Cool Cool
Yamaha Tyros 2
Technics KN1400
JagiChan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Not Happy with PA5X Reply with quote

ExTyrosFan wrote:
Hi everyone. I must be the dumbest person ever! Even after reading all the latest posts about the issues around the PA5X I still went ahead and purchased a used one off ebay. .... I realized that by buying a Korg and for that matter a PA5X I was going back to what I enjoyed doing. Investigating issues, tinkering with problems and then enjoying the feeling when you get to solve something and making it work. It is not just about playing the music and entertaining my family that I love about the Korg. It is the hours of messing about on forums, working on style conversions and fiddling with sounds to make them just right. When you buy a Korg its like having a old used Alfa Romeo in the garage. It drives like stink and breaks down all the time but you still love working on it! Give me a thumbs up if you agree or a thumbs down if you think I have lost my marbles !!! Cool Cool Cool

You did the right thing getting a Korg. A Korg is a KORG. As you rightly put, "it is the joy of tinkering (fiddling with the sounds, conversions, etc.,)", that makes me feel that I really did something good at the end of the day. "Anyone can drive a car, but imagine being able to tweak the internals of the engine or the transmission to make it work the way you like; now that is priceless." Despite the late software updates, software bugs, busted LEDs, I still love my KORG and I'm going to hold on to it. Congratulations on your Korg, and welcome to the world of Korgies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: