Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help getting the best acoustic piano sound from Kronos2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wocongming

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Did you try Korg's Italian grand ? Even though every person might prefer different piano sounds (actually any instrument), it's now one of my two favorites along with the Berlin. If you never tried it, simply install and try the demo version. There's also Korg's Austrian grand, not as good IMHO, but worth testing as well if you didn't try it yet. The other options you mention are good too, but more complicated/expensive.

lol
that italian grand is so thin and the sustain on some of the registers are not nearly as long as a real piano.
Ive tried EVERY piano in the library and in the internal of the kronos.
only 1 is somewhat close but still not 100% proof. and thats the
grand close C7(something like that). its warm like a piano should be in most places of the registers. but still you have to EQ it right. at least it doesnt have that electronic tinnyness that all the other ones have at middle C, and take notice that all the other pianos, right at G and Ab above middle C those samples are LOUDER than the whole keyboard register. and Ab on the next octave above is so weak, you cant even accent those notes when you play.
wocongming

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
johnmonsen1980 & wocongming ,
when pianos samples are inappropriate then no tweaking can save them !
Demanding pianists must have a look at WavesArt Kronos Pianos Suite 2 , Rock Concert grand is very similar to keyscape quality
not to mention WavesArt "real" 10 feet Italian Concert Grand

are you kidding? i listened to his demos. those piano sounds sound more electronic than the stock korg piano sounds. yuk. sry
Xenophile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danmusician wrote:
"The Best Piano Sound" is so subjective, considering that Steinway keeps a room of concert grands in NYS for pianists to choose from. What I like and what you like are going to be very different.

I was demonstrating the Kronos to non-musicians, including showing them the different piano sounds. One of the people in attendance said, "I don't hear any difference." As musicians, we tend to obsess over the minutia of sonic detail, but the average listener is just looking for a good song. Recently, I went back and listened to a recording on a major label from many years ago that featured piano and vocalist. I always loved the song and the piano. But the truth is, I wouldn't settle for that piano sound coming out of my Kronos.

I once had a guest musician play my Kronos. I really was into how he sounded playing piano on it. After the gig, I checked to see which piano he was using. It was one of the germans that I never use. I played it again, but the timbre just doesn't connect with me. I still don't use it even though I thought it was great when he played it.

Having come to age professionally in the late 80's/early 90's, I was constantly on the prowl for "the best piano." Every manufacturer was coming out with new samples and instruments almost yearly. Today, most digitals sound better than anything we had then and certainly better than most uprights with a mic in front of them. I tend to obsess less and play more.

This.

By the way, on my PC, Malwarebytes has been reporting that it is blocking nasties from this site since it came back on line a few days ago. Browser beware.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What messages is Malwarebytes giving?

drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, I've tried the Italian, Berlin, Austrialian, but to me the German is pretty damn good. Something I did awhile ago strictly using the German Grand. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YW2xDFhSl4
fomalhaut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:
I don't know, I've tried the Italian, Berlin, Austrialian, but to me the German is pretty damn good. Something I did awhile ago strictly using the German Grand. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YW2xDFhSl4

Sounds great!
Mezzopiano

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am late to the party,

I feel the same as you about kronoss internal pianos, thats why i always carry my ipad with my Kronos and there, i use Ravenscrofts 275 pianos, you could also try Pianoteq for iPad
wocongming

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:

Yes, i agree if you record that piano with a lot of long lasting reverb and playing those sucky registers more quietly as you did, that it is a nice sound.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wocongming wrote:
drama1 wrote:

Yes, i agree if you record that piano with a lot of long lasting reverb and playing those sucky registers more quietly as you did, that it is a nice sound.

Hahaha !!! Don't know quite how to take this comment, but Thanks ???
blazerunner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Krono's piano's only sound as good as your ability to play them. I would recommend to use the EFX with them. You can dramatically change the personality of them...especially if you use the Tube amp sim.

The Korg Sustain pedal also made a tremendous different with playing them.

My only complaint about Korg's pianos is that they're limited vs. my Nord which has updates and new pianos that I don't even have to pay for.

I mean I'm picky about how the piano sounds but I have tracks where I used both the Nord and the Kronos at the same time for pianos you wouldn't know which was which they both sound like actual piano's.

I tried and truly believe the Kronos HD sound makes Piano's and other acoustic instruments sound too clean so they sound unnatural unless you know how to properly dirty them up. I learned that lesson during the Triton days.
wocongming

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazerunner wrote:
The Krono's piano's only sound as good as your ability to play them. I would recommend to use the EFX with them. You can dramatically change the personality of them...especially if you use the Tube amp sim.

The Korg Sustain pedal also made a tremendous different with playing them.

My only complaint about Korg's pianos is that they're limited vs. my Nord which has updates and new pianos that I don't even have to pay for.

I mean I'm picky about how the piano sounds but I have tracks where I used both the Nord and the Kronos at the same time for pianos you wouldn't know which was which they both sound like actual piano's.

I tried and truly believe the Kronos HD sound makes Piano's and other acoustic instruments sound too clean so they sound unnatural unless you know how to properly dirty them up. I learned that lesson during the Triton days.

i agree you have to add lots of effects to make those crappy korg piano sounds sound better. but if you, for instance, use the berlin grand or even most of the others, and play the song Angry Young Man by bj., youll see how AWFUL that middle C sounds. sounds like youre taking a crowbar to metal every time you hit it. theres pretty much no saving that instance . lol
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we've all been listening to recordings / samples / simulations of pianos for so long that we don't remember / know what a "real" piano sounds like anymore...

df
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: