Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does the Nautilus have all sounds that the Kross 2 has?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deadkeys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 am    Post subject: Does the Nautilus have all sounds that the Kross 2 has? Reply with quote

Own a Nautilus but its way too heavy to take on gigs
Thinking of a Kross 2, Am I crazy ...?
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you have to make such a downgrade.
Kross 2 not have setlist, no scenes, no touch display, no engines.
Nautilus is great instruments for a gig. Do you have 88 ?
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're thinking of using a Kross 2 as a Nautilus alternative, I would think the question would be more one of how much Nautilus content is in the Kross, rather than how much Kross content is in the Nautilus.

Regardless, either way, I'd say not much.

The Nautilus has nine sound engines. Kross has one sound engine... and it is not any of the nine engines that are in the Nautilus. The Kross EDS-i sound engine is basically a lesser version of the Nautilus HD-1 sound engine, so that's the area where it is closest to overlapping. I would suggest downloading the Kross Voice Name List, and search that PDF for the names of your favorite Nautilus HD1 programs. If you find a program of the same name, I think it is likely to be very similar (e.g. it may be the exact same sampled sound, reproduced within the limits of the lesser sample playback engine of the Kross). If you don't find a Program of the same name, I would suspect there is no really close version of that particular sound, though in practice, you may find other similar sounds that are "close enough."

If your Nautilus is an 88, and you wish it were more portable, my suggestion would be to get a Nautilus 61, plus a lightweight 88-key board, and MIDI them so you can play the Nautilus from your 88-key board. Nicely, Nautilus is one of the relatively few boards you can actually attach an external USB controller to (not just ones with 5-pin MIDI), so there are numerous low-cost lightweight 88s you can use.

The Nautilus 61 plus some 88 together may not save any total weight compared to the Nautilus 88, but it's a lot easier to move two 20-something lb pieces than one ~50-lb piece.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: