Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilogue XD using LaunchPad Pro Mk3 as external sequencer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveMorris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:34 am    Post subject: Minilogue XD using LaunchPad Pro Mk3 as external sequencer? Reply with quote

Has anyone connected a Novation LaunchPad Pro Mk3 to a Minilogue XD to take advantage of the massive step sequencer it contains? I can get it to play from the LaunchPad to the Minilogue, but I can't get the LaunchPad to capture the MIDI keystrokes from the Minilogue when I use it's keyboard. I'm using the Midi connectors, feeding one's OUT to the other's IN and vice versa. Has anyone perfected this?
DaveMorris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:35 am    Post subject: The LaunchPad needed a firmware update and that fixed it! Reply with quote

My LaunchPad was built in 6/2022 and when I updated the firmware I noticed a little line item that said it could now accept MIDI input into the sequencer. Voila, that solved the issue!

You can go from 16 step sequencer to 4 tracks x 8 patterns x 32 steps = 1,024 step external sequencer and never touch a DAW! Exactly what I wanted.
DaveMorris

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:42 am    Post subject: Still cannot use my synth's keyboard directly into the LPP Reply with quote

After playing with this setup, Minilogue XD connected with 2 MIDI cables to and from the LaunchPad Pro MK3, the only thing I can do is record something from the keyboard into the Minilogue's 16-step sequencer, and then play that into the LaunchPad with "Capture Midi". That's a cumbersome process.

The only way I can play (e.g. a chord) on the synth keyboard and have it captured to the LPP is if I put the LPP into Play mode + Capture MIDI and then try to hit the timing just right to land that chord on the right spot in the LPP sequencer. It's hit or miss, and also not what I wanted.

Also you have to first make sure that the Pattern Setting Row 5 Sync Rate matches the Step Resolution setting of the synth in Edit Mode -> Seq Edit, for example both 1/8 otherwise the LPP captures the sound into the wrong step.

Has anyone managed an easier way to play keys on the synth and capture them one-by-one on an LPP the same way the internal synth sequencer does it?
slug

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave. It's not impossible that someone here could help, but your questions seem entirely related to the Launch Pad therefore presumably you would have more chance of a response on a relevant Novation forum. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: