Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installation of Third-Party Add-ons

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prby78

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:33 am    Post subject: Installation of Third-Party Add-ons Reply with quote

I love my new PA5X and I am considering add-ons for it. The manual refers to add-ons being protected by a micro-SD card and that only one add-on can be used at a time. But does that apply to the add-ons I am most interested in: WavesArt Symphonic Orchestra and Global Sound Artist Edition?

I am especially interested in symphonic music so the wavesart set is particularly intriguing. But I am concerned about the installation. One reviewer opined that "the installation and anti-pirating steps are a bit onerous and perhaps a tad heavy handed...made it an awkward set of packages to buy and install." Also, WavesArt website warns "Never try to load this KST or USER06 file to a Pa5X with a different Factory Serial Number than the given one ... This Sound library is software protected and will harm others Pa5X Flash Rom !!!
Other than malware I never heard of software potentially damaging hardware. What if there is an error in the serial number supplied upon purchase or used by the vendor for the installation file?
I would greatly appreciate more specific information on the installation process and any experiences.

I have not found any information about installation of Global Sound Artist Edition. Any information?

Finally, is there any way both packages can be installed simultaneously? Thank you.
sch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nö problem with Global Sound...!!!!
Xenomorph

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sch wrote:
Nö problem with Global Sound...!!!!

Agreed. You could install in your sleep, it overwrites nothing.

Current: Pa5X, Nautilus
Past: M1, X5D, N364, Karma, X50, TR61, M50, micro-Korg, Triton Extreme, Pa3x, Roland Fantom 06, Akai mpc key61
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Installation of Third-Party Add-ons Reply with quote

prby78 wrote:

I am especially interested in symphonic music so the wavesart set is particularly intriguing. But I am concerned about the installation. One reviewer opined that "the installation and anti-pirating steps are a bit onerous and perhaps a tad heavy handed...made it an awkward set of packages to buy and install." Also, WavesArt website warns "Never try to load this KST or USER06 file to a Pa5X with a different Factory Serial Number than the given one ...

First of all you could use official email sales@wavesart.eu or messaging me for any info.
WavesArt resources are protected via SN , we first validate your SN and then we allow you to purchase libraries.
There is no case of error with validation , all the rest are concerning potential stealers.

As concerned now to installation procedure , we offer a windows installer that creates installation files in a USB Drive , and you can install or merge
resources with yours using analytical installation manual plus our prompt support ...

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
JagiChan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Installation of Third-Party Add-ons Reply with quote

prby78 wrote:
I love my new PA5X and I am considering add-ons for it. The manual refers to add-ons being protected by a micro-SD card and that only one add-on can be used at a time.
Finally, is there any way both packages can be installed simultaneously? Thank you.

Add-ons are generally protected by the developer; afterall they have spent countless hours and resources to make the Add On and they expect that their work is monetized.
In the past when I had the PA900, I received the custom Indian Sounds & Styles and also an SD card used for protection of the sounds and styles. The sounds and styles worked so long as the SD card was installed into the system. The moment the card was removed, the message "Protected resources could not be loaded" used to pop up. I guess the same system has also been implemented in the PA5X.

Regarding multiple Addons; the user manual clearly states "Only one AddOn can be active at anytime". Read from page 752 the details for Add On.
prby78

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Installation of Third-Party Add-ons Reply with quote

[quote="JagiChan" Regarding multiple Addons; the user manual clearly states "Only one AddOn can be active at anytime". Read from page 752 the details for Add On.[/quote]

Thank you for your post. Yes, I read the manual and I'm trying to determine if that is actually true. I've been spoiled by the Korg store where, before I purchase anything for my Kronos 2, I can read a detailed installation manual including, where and how it is installed, and I can even demo the sounds. There is a standardized installation / copy protection approach for all Kronos products and a user can easily pick and choose what (muiltiple) add-ons can be installed at powerup.

I don't think the Global Sounds or Wavesart products come with an SD card; Antony refers to a USB drive and even "merging" resources. The Wavesart website refers to sound user banks 4 & 6. I have no idea where Global Sounds gets installed and what and when any plugin device is required. I would like to figure out what my options are before I start making my own user resources.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wise addons are sound libraries as in Korg Store.
When you load multiple resources like styles with custom style tracks samples then you will not have easily the option to merge
such resources since many sound banks are used in a decent SET.
The best protection option for a complete set with styles is Local musical resources PKG that will be paid and created by KorgPa.
Older PaSeries mSD protection method was only to read license from mSD , after initial loading mSD never participated in reading
samples from there , only for reading decryption key from RAM.KMP file.

WavesArt for instance uses SOUND03 for 5 standalone sound libraries and this bank is updated every time you purchase
an extra library , you can install many simultaneously like 12 WavesArt standalone libraries , one at a time ...
All will be loaded instantly after system startup with no existing SD or USB , all are internally installed.
WavesArt uses the same architecture of libraries for both Kronos & PaSeries.

Therefore the last thing to worry is protection , vendor's resources architecture should be your primary concern.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: