Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's that sound?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
average_male

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:37 am    Post subject: What's that sound? Reply with quote

Hi, Hoping someone knows the keyboard sound/technique noted in famous songs like 'Human' (by Human League) or 'On Bended Knee' (by B2M), here is the sound in question at this timestamp: https://youtu.be/jSUSFow70no?t=29

Is this called, "glissando" (swiping on each keys from low to high)? Or is there a preset for this on some keyboards?

Thanks.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's actually called portamento. For your example, you could choose any Kronos lead synth that has a rather soft sound that you like close to the one in the song, for example using sinus/triangle waves then adjust a monophonic portamento in the oscillator pitch section. HTH
wocongming

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
it's actually called portamento. For your example, you could choose any Kronos lead synth that has a rather soft sound that you like close to the one in the song, for example using sinus/triangle waves then adjust a monophonic portamento in the oscillator pitch section. HTH

wrong sir. its called playing a GLISSANDO. Portamento is when an interval of lets say 2 notes are connected by a smooth connection. but not connected by step intervals of any kind. much like you can do connecting 2 notes with your voice. the kronos has portamento all over. go check out what that sounds like. its not the way the other guy described.
TfmxLtFred

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:30 pm    Post subject: SOUND Free Reply with quote

Hi

Sorry I didn't see your message.
I have prepared 4 programs for your Kronos that should suit you.

It is not easy on the piece to hear all the subtlety of the sound you are looking for because there are other sounds that cover it.

I felt that it is a short sound but it is very likely that a SubBASS is also last.

I also noticed a barely audible high-pitched sound in the slide.

In any case, these programs could be adjusted in different ways. It could be programmed in different ways. The Aftertouch function for the depth of the slide but due to lack of time you will have to be content with these 4 versions for the moment.

FYI you have to play the note G#2 on the keyboard.

Below are the links to an extract of the 4 sounds and the PCG file for your Kronos.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-PLmxuQ2s-Ss54V1DJCNfRD9ktfzEUaA/view?usp=drive_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NQGdJh9ucordFNtHpOmhbsX2pUHUvyfp/view?usp=drive_link

I remain at your disposal if you have other projects of this type

A+ FM FRED
average_male

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: SOUND Free Reply with quote

TfmxLtFred wrote:
Hi

Sorry I didn't see your message.
I have prepared 4 programs for your Kronos that should suit you.

It is not easy on the piece to hear all the subtlety of the sound you are looking for because there are other sounds that cover it.

I felt that it is a short sound but it is very likely that a SubBASS is also last.

I also noticed a barely audible high-pitched sound in the slide.

In any case, these programs could be adjusted in different ways. It could be programmed in different ways. The Aftertouch function for the depth of the slide but due to lack of time you will have to be content with these 4 versions for the moment.

FYI you have to play the note G#2 on the keyboard.

Below are the links to an extract of the 4 sounds and the PCG file for your Kronos.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-PLmxuQ2s-Ss54V1DJCNfRD9ktfzEUaA/view?usp=drive_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NQGdJh9ucordFNtHpOmhbsX2pUHUvyfp/view?usp=drive_link

I remain at your disposal if you have other projects of this type

A+ FM FRED
This is exactly what I was looking for Fred. Thank you so much and sorry for the late reply. You are awesome and a true gem to this forum and community. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: