Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

touchscreen doesn't register finger presses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yeskeys

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:36 pm    Post subject: touchscreen doesn't register finger presses Reply with quote

Had so many issues trying to fix a 1st generation Kronos.
Wasn't recognizing the finger touch, but I got the screen visuals back. There was an almost saran wrap covering the top of the screen that got crinkled. I removed that and now I have a working screen but no finger recognition.

The finger touch worked before I fully installed the screen, but now that the saran wrap cover got damaged, so I removed it and lost finger touch.

The round dial and up/down arrows now function properly though.
Guess I need another new screen.
My screen has a black/red connector, a 4 conductor wire, and the large yellow multicable. All are connected properly including the ribbon cable from the KLM 3007 (small circuit board just behind the screen - I could have the name of the board mixed up) to the output board.

Any ideas? I guess I need another screen. They are much cheaper on chinese sites...
Thanks!

Sorry, this post sucks. I'll assemble a post that makes more sense once I have time and am in front of my unit.
Korg Karma module, Kronos61, SEQUENTIAL PRO3, DSI OB6, Oberheim OB8, XStation25, Yamaha MFC (for Karma Pads), Omnisphere, guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, D'Angelico, Parker, Line6, Guitar Processors by Fractal Audio, Amplification by Mesa, Carvin, w/Celestion V30(!)
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I understand what you mean by the saran wrap, but you might actually just have a damaged resistive touch panel, which sits on top of the LCD. That's why you see everything as normal but can't control anything on the screen. The good news is that you might not need to replace the whole screen and just the touch panel, but it is a quite delicate job to do.

The main problem for you will be to find a replacement, as they are now quite hard to find. See the video below by a great fellow for an explanation on how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zbi1g2kync
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me or not: this happened to me once simply because a key on the alphabetical keyboard of my Kronos got stuck!
Please check that.

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Mezzopiano

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the Touchscreen is not working anymore (not the screen, just the touchscreen)

Ive just recently order one from Aliexpress (always used to buy them at Syntaur, way more expensive there) so this time gave Aliexpress a chance

It arrived quickly (1 week), was way cheaper than expected (like 20 bucks) and it works flawlessly

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32833105423.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.3785194dA2tc79&gatewayAdapt=glo2esp
Xenophile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like what you thought was protective "saran wrap" stuff that we see on so many products might have actually been part of the resistive touch screen. Oops!

https://www.mikroe.com/blog/capacitive-vs-resistive-touch-panel-feels-better
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: