Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA1000 “NEXT” update ....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverkorgagain wrote:
in 2023 when one guy i garage created Juzisound with 256 giga memory, we are talking about 300 mb of korg's memory

Laughing Laughing Laughing

That device looks really interesting! If I understand their page correctly, they seem to have gotten more usability out of cheap (in this case SD) memory than we've seen in any other board (possibly unique in terms of being able to play sounds from external/replaceable low-cost storage in real time). Still, from what I can tell, in terms of sounds you can play from that 256 GB card, you're limited to a max of 2 sounds at a time (Upper 1, Upper 2), with a max of 24 notes of polyphony between them (though each note may be mono or stereo). Which would be impressive for being able to do it off cheap SD memory, but still doesn't compare to the PA's 16 sounds at a time (Upper 1, Upper 2, Upper 3, Lower, and 12 additional sounds for arranged accompaniment) with up to 128 notes of polyphony. Or am I misunderstanding something about the Juzisound? I can't find any full manual.

Though I do see that, moving away from the SD card, Juzisound apparently also supports up to 6 additional sounds of up to 8 notes of polyphony each, but they can only be played from a selection of ROM samples and cannot use the samples on the SD card (size of ROM and available sound selection unknown). At only 8 notes of polyphony per sound (and possibly a pretty limited selection of sounds for these parts?), this seem to be designed for very particular use... in fact their site explains that his functionality was "created specifically for playing many string sounds together with main Uppers to produce Turkish Strings Group sound impression." I'm not sure how much general application it has.)
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:10 pm    Post subject: Individual screen mask for different models Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
.. so it in the software... for the most part . Is the same.. And all the motherboards are just about to same....

It is neither surprising nor new that different models in a series have installed same motherboards, with a checkbox on which only the model in which it was installed was checked, while the checkboxes with name of the other models were left blank.

This already existed, for example, in the 80s with the first two-manual digital organs in the HS series from Yamaha (HS4, HS5, HS6), where the performance of the lower models could be improved somewhat by using wire bridges and adding unsoldered ICs and some more components.
Suppose you install the OS from a Pa4x in a Pa700 and everything works without any problems - which I highly doubt, because probably just an individual screen mask was used for starting the installation!

But may be, what advantage does editing sounds with aftertouch give you if the Pa700 is not equipped with aftertouch?
What's the point of assigning different parts to different outputs if the Pa700 lacks them?
What is the point of assigning functions to the EC5 pedal if the Pa700 has no connection, etc.?
So it is not the specially designed graphics of the screens that a programmer uses for the installation software that is important, but rather the functionality of the hardware with the installed OS.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Piotr1967

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Individual screen mask for different models Reply with quote

Maybe this is all just about increasing RAM ? I, however, would be afraid to risk installing a system from PA4X on my PA1000
Akai Synthstation 49 + iPad 3 (synth apps)
Piotr1967

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit that I was hoping for some surprise from Korg on the subject of an update for the PA700/1000 at this year's Namm Show. Unfortunately silence....
Akai Synthstation 49 + iPad 3 (synth apps)
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from the Ketron Event I’ve seen nothing in the terms of Arrangers at Namm 2024.
Haniaudio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OS update is released:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/758/3852/

New: Expansion of the User Sample Memory (60% more).

Enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: