Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa5x Poll On Overall Satisfaction
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Overall Satisfaction with Pa5x
Well worth the money
50%
 50%  [ 20 ]
Could be better. I’ll wait for another OS update
45%
 45%  [ 18 ]
It’s a buggy 4x in a new body
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
I want to throw it off a bridge
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I was smart and sold it or returned it
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 40

SpOoNmAn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niki_Keyz wrote:
Sales speak for itself. Don’t forget, the price started at $5,500. Now it’s under 4k.

Under $4k?? The 61 is still 4,699 and has yet to go for less.

So if I'm understanding correctly, you sold it almost 2 yrs ago, are still bitter and felt the need to post about a product you haven't had for almost 2 years? And when the poll results dont go the way youd like, you lash out? It might be time to move on....
DaPale

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpOoNmAn wrote:
Niki_Keyz wrote:
Sales speak for itself. Don’t forget, the price started at $5,500. Now it’s under 4k.

So if I'm understanding correctly, you sold it almost 2 yrs ago, are still bitter and felt the need to post about a product you haven't had for almost 2 years? And when the poll results dont go the way youd like, you lash out? It might be time to move on....

Right! As a new Pa5X user and new to the Korg world it already became very tiring to see how many negative messages there are but if you pay close attention they are only a few grumbling and most are willing to help you and positive. If you're just here to nag, please go somewhere else. Take your life buy a keyboard from another brand and then leave everyone here alone.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaPale wrote:
SpOoNmAn wrote:
Niki_Keyz wrote:

Right! As a new Pa5X user and new to the Korg world it already became very tiring to see how many negative messages there are but if you pay close attention they are only a few grumbling and most are willing to help you and positive. If you're just here to nag, please go somewhere else. Take your life buy a keyboard from another brand and then leave everyone here alone.

I am not sure this is for you to give instructions telling people to go somewhere else or tell people what they should do with their life, I believe this falls to Moderators who police this forum and I am sure they will consider any complaints...

I also believe this would be the place to have a full range of discussion and options, which could include negative comments, positive comments and anything in between...

A full range of discussion is important for all, even if we find the discussion may not be compatible with our own thoughts and opinion, and this should all be done according to the forum rules Smile
SpOoNmAn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
DaPale wrote:
SpOoNmAn wrote:
Niki_Keyz wrote:

I am not sure this is for you to give instructions telling people to go somewhere else or tell people what they should do with their life, I believe this falls to Moderators who police this forum and I am sure they will consider any complaints...

I also believe this would be the place to have a full range of discussion and options, which could include negative comments, positive comments and anything in between...

A full range of discussion is important for all, even if we find the discussion may not be compatible with our own thoughts and opinion, and this should all be done according to the forum rules Smile

If I went to a Yamaha forum 2 yrs after the fact, and ripped on Genos, with the only intention of saying how terrible it is, id get the same responses and a warning. And you're telling me I should tread lightly? He can go to a general arranger forum and start drama there. And I've been here for 18 yrs so don't think I'm new here.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=129994
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpOoNmAn wrote:
D575 wrote:
DaPale wrote:
SpOoNmAn wrote:
Niki_Keyz wrote:

If I went to a Yamaha forum 2 yrs after the fact, and ripped on Genos, with the only intention of saying how terrible it is, id get the same responses and a warning. And you're telling me I should tread lightly? He can go to a general arranger forum and start drama there. And I've been here for 18 yrs so don't think I'm new here.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=129994

Well, we are not on the Yamaha forum, which from your description sounds like a private members club, so on that note...thank goodness we are here in the land of Korg where free speech is respected...

Enjoy the rest of your day, and I do mean this sincerely Smile
F-Minor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi,
In response to F Minors comments that this thread is a cheap way to express dissatisfaction with the PA5X. The poll currently stands at 18 owners, one who decided to return for a full refund whereas 17 owners either love their PA5X or think it could be better and are waiting for the next O/S. I think that pretty much blows those comments out of the water !!
Chris

That was exactly my point Chris.

F-Minor

PA5X 88 (& I love it! Smile )

YT: https://www.youtube.com/@FransV2010
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa5x Poll On Overall Satisfaction Reply with quote

Niki_Keyz wrote:
Nearly 2 years ago, I was lucky to get the first batch of the Korg pa5x that came to America. I opened the pa5x box on July 1, 2022 and sold it within a few weeks. Worst release of an arranger. Extremely buggy. Missing features. Things not working correctly. The list goes on.

Just want to know where the Korg customer stands with the pa5x. I know where I stand almost 2 years after the release.

Love the Pa5x

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with Antony
rubenwalters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all in all, i'm happy with the pa5x. since the last os update, many bugs have been fixed. yes - it took far too long until the device was finally available. 9 months delivery time is clearly too long. and the time for bug fixing takes too long.
i find the 88-key keyboard a bit too heavy (nord stage 4 has a perfect keyboard for me) but that's up to each individual.
the only point is the led buttons which look strange. and the arrangement of the buttons without any grouping makes it difficult to work quickly.
but i like that all the important buttons are close to the keybed to reach them while playing. i love the flat file system, and the sounds i like much more than the ones of yamaha.
looking forward to new features soon ....
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, more than happy with mine. Have my dream “home setup”.
With the help of an iPad, an iPhone , Baum songbook on each, and a pedal, I can virtually play my sx900 hands free via my PA5x.
Still hope they add in some of the missing functions the prior models had, but, have no regrets.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
J2024

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve had the KORG PA5X for two months now with no complaints, previously Yamaha Genos for six years, Korg is a fascinating instrument. I have no regrets whatsoever investing in this.

I still have the Genos for best of both worlds. But the KORG has superior piano and strings. Semi weighted keys feels much better than Genos. Love the solid build, not plastic. I’m still mastering this beast and thanks to valuable input from forum members, this is one keyboard I will be holding onto.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: