Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DOWNLOAD Section Links Nowhere to Be Found?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SynthfulDwarphus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:23 am    Post subject: DOWNLOAD Section Links Nowhere to Be Found? Reply with quote

It seems the only way to navigate to, or even first discover the existence of, the Korg Forums Downloads section (http://www.korgforums.com/downloads.htm) is to happen on it with certain external/ browser websearches, or maybe a mention of it in a thread.

I don't think I'm wrong about its obscurity to the new member, and I've just scoured this whole site again and can't find any link or mention of the Download page ANYWHERE in the menus, index, section headers, footers, search page, etc.

Wouldn't it make sense to put a very prominent link to the Download section both generally on the main/home page, as well as direct links to relevant sections of the Download page within the each respective subforum page (e.g. a Kronos Download section direct link at the top of the Kronos subforum page), as well as search page/headers/ footers?

Thanks.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SynthfulDwarphus wrote:
It seems the only way to navigate to, or even first discover the existence of, the Korg Forums Downloads section (http://www.korgforums.com/downloads.htm) is to happen on it with certain external/ browser websearches, or maybe a mention of it in a thread.

The Download section is no longer maintained.
SynthfulDwarphus wrote:
I don't think I'm wrong about its obscurity to the new member, and I've just scoured this whole site again and can't find any link or mention of the Download page ANYWHERE in the menus, index, section headers, footers, search page, etc.

If there was an official download section it would be in the related forum sections.
SynthfulDwarphus wrote:
Wouldn't it make sense to put a very prominent link to the Download section both generally on the main/home page, as well as direct links to relevant sections of the Download page within the each respective subforum page (e.g. a Kronos Download section direct link at the top of the Kronos subforum page), as well as search page/headers/ footers?

Download sections would be great but doubt it will happen any time soon.... Crying or Very sad

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
thethirdapple

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: DOWNLOAD Section Links Nowhere to Be Found? Reply with quote

SynthfulDwarphus wrote:

Greetings,

Threw me for a loop when I first visited as well... web search resulted in forum before main domain. not really a big deal IMHO Cool

korgforums.com

Is the main domain and from there, one can navigate to variously maintained areas of the "site". And if you chose can opt to pin the main nav bar at the top of the forums...

korgforums.com/forums.htm

PEACE
_
_
_
SynthfulDwarphus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
SynthfulDwarphus wrote:

The Download section is no longer maintained.
SynthfulDwarphus wrote:

If there was an official download section it would be in the related forum sections.
SynthfulDwarphus wrote:

Download sections would be great but doubt it will happen any time soon.... Crying or Very sad

Very Happy

Thanks. It's odd that the downloads section is part of this very same site, which is clearly maintained, or active, at least.

Are uploads to the download section no longer accepted?

Semantics, I suppose, but since the downloads section is still available/hosted, I'd call it "maintained", and those downloads have been valuable to me, and I'm sure many others. I do see the "News" section also on main page is over ten years out of date, though.

Either way, I think it would be beneficial to post link to download section at least at top of forum, especially since I see forum posts referring to the downloads (meaning that it's not forbidden to do so).

By not being an "official" downloads section , do you mean the Forum site is somehow distancing itself from the downloads section or something? It's not clear from reading the FAQs, etc., but it seems Korg itself is hosting this site, both Forum and Downloads?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again

Firstly Korg has no association with these Forums.
The downloads section has not been maintained for a long time.
Uploads are not supported or managed currently.
There is no plan to create or change or maintain a download section, so all will remain as is.

I recommend that you change your weblink to http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ which will take directly to the Forums.

Cheers
Very Happy
SynthfulDwarphus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be pedantic (I just can't help myself), but top of each page here still says "Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA" and "Korg Forums - News - Downloads/Resources".
Anyway, maybe one day the downloads section could be more accesssible and open to appropriate uploads for all users. GREAT site, though, very grateful it's here, and many helpful users, thanks![/code]
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny coincidence... just a couple of days ago, I went to the Downloads page to see what might be available for a newly acquired (used) Korg, and I was surprised to see that there was nothing available for any model that had come out in many years! Well that explains it.

I'm glad they didn't remove what was already there, at least. But it would be nice if they edited the downloads page just with a little note to explain that the downloads function is no longer maintained, and that no new files will be added.

Does anyone have any recommendations about where to find user content? Facebook groups maybe? (Ugh.)
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said....
Quote:
I recommend that you change your weblink to http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ which will take directly to the Forums.

Downloads ain't gonna change. FYI, "Korg Forums" is owned by Irish Acts - the owner's forum member name is "Sharp".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: