Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New 2023 - Korg Nautilus AT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magilla66

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:52 am    Post subject: AT AT! AT AT! Reply with quote

WTF, KORG? You add Aftertouch to an already aging platform and call it "new"? Should've called it Afterthought instead. And who in their right mind would spend an extra $500 for this one feature when everything else is same-same as the model without Aftertouch?

I hear that there's an upgrade available for owners of a non-AT Nautilus keyboard; would it be wrong to guess that this would cost at least $500 if not more?

Can't imagine whose bright marketing idea this was back at HQ, but I bet they'll be looking for a new job once the total sales numbers come in...
Korg Module/Module Pro
Nektar Panorama T6
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I think these companies are just releasing products that maximize their revenues and minimize their costs.
3d Faint

Uninvent then reinvent the wheel, as if it were something novel.

I too would have liked to see the front panel overhauled with additional hardware controls tied logically and usefully to functions and settings. The tactile response and ergonomic efficiencies of physical buttons and sliders are much preferred to touchscreen finger-pecking. But that kind of change would add significantly to hardware and software development and manufacturing costs. The bean counters would not approve.

Meanwhile, Yamaha has planted the subliminal marketing thought to potential buyers, "Don't you want to hold off on buying our competitor's new workstation release until we disclose what new features may or may not be in the next Montage?" Clever, in a certain way.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpoodoo wrote:

Meanwhile, Yamaha has planted the subliminal marketing thought to potential buyers, "Don't you want to hold off on buying our competitor's new workstation release until we disclose what new features may or may not be in the next Montage?" Clever, in a certain way.

Clever? It’s brilliant.
KNF

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KORG,

I cannot hold back any longer. I suspect that no one from KORG will care about this rant or respond here.
This is pure BS. How can you not include Aftertouch in the original Nautilus? How can you only offer an upgrade in UK and Ireland only and not the US?
And $500 is too much! Should be $250 at the most.
I purchased my Nautilus 61 on 4/6/23 and received it on 4/10. Then you release the Nautilus AT in July. I believe you should offer anyone who purchased the original Nautilus within the last 6 months a new Nautilus AT for $300 difference to cover shipping. You should contact everyone who purchased the Nautilus within the last 6 months and offer them a trade in and make arrangements for us to ship back the original Nautilus after we receive the Nautilus AT. You can then upgrade those returned Nautilus keyboards. That would be fair and win back customers.
I would have waited to purchase a Nautilus AT if I had known that it was going to be released in July and I would have paid the discounted or sale price at that time. Instead, I am stuck with this Nautilus 61 and no offer to upgrade to AT at a reasonable price which I think should be $250 at the most.
So long!
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KNF wrote:
I suspect that no one from KORG will care about this rant or respond here.

Correct.
ast3rix

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:12 am    Post subject: Missing sliders Reply with quote

So they added the after touch, but didn't add the sliders? They are not listening to the people who use these keyboards. The touchscreen is not a great way to navigate sliders and you reduced the overall size of the screen on this unit so if you were going to remove the sliders you should have made the screen bigger. Checking on the pricing of the US version of the AT upgrade. I would like to at least have after touch. I can't find a page that is dedicated to it on the US Korg site.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing sliders Reply with quote

ast3rix wrote:
So they added the after touch, but didn't add the sliders? They are not listening to the people who use these keyboards. The touchscreen is not a great way to navigate sliders and you reduced the overall size of the screen on this unit so if you were going to remove the sliders you should have made the screen bigger. Checking on the pricing of the US version of the AT upgrade. I would like to at least have after touch. I can't find a page that is dedicated to it on the US Korg site.

I wanted Korg to add AT and sliders to the Nautilus before I would buy one. Korg exactly half-assed the improvements.
ausser
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear - if you don't mind..
Is it a fact that there is absolutely NO AT on the Non AT-ed Nautilus at all...?
Not even like the AT that is on the Triton Classic?
Or is the upgrade to a single key AT system, as opposed to global AT across the keyboard?
Reason I ask is that I see a Nautilus on private sale 2nd hand for £780 so I'm presuming its the Non - At model.
Aus.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The non aftertouch Nautilus has no keyboard-generated aftertouch, but it will respond to aftertouch messages coming from an external MIDI source.
ausser
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for confirming.
Aus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: