Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto-Sampling doesn't work on my Nautilus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SR676

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:52 pm    Post subject: Auto-Sampling doesn't work on my Nautilus Reply with quote

Hi,
I have the following problem:
When I want to sample a note or a chord on the Nautilus in Program or Combination Mode, the sample is not on the previously specified Program for example S001, Init Program.
In "Sampling Mode" I can see and play the sample, but when I select "Convert to program" and call up the program it is not saved, even though I have followed Korg's instructions exactly.
Thank you very much for your help!!!
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must save the Sampling Data, open Global and copy the KSC or UserBank.KSC created in autoload then restart the unit or select the command Do Autoload Now to have the sample in the Nautilus.
SR676

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:59 pm    Post subject: Auto-Sampling doesn't work on my Nautilus Reply with quote

Hi Dan,
Thanks for your help. I've followed your instructions, but it doesn't work!

Here my procedure to sample the program itself from Nautilus :
-Sampling Tab in Program→ Autosampling Setup
-Resample Program Play → Convert to Program
-I select the program S000 → OK
- Sampling Record-Button / Start → I play a chord → Stop sampling
- I go to the program S000 → The sample should now automatically be assigned to a Key (C2) on the specific program S000 but this is not the case, not on any key!
In SAMPLING MODE, the sample is saved and assigned to the keys.
However, when I click on Convert MS Sample To Program in Sampling-Mode, the sample is not on the specific program.
In summary: The sample can be played on a key in SAMPLING MODE but not on a key in program/combi mode!
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you miss one step. After recording you have the sampling in the RAM memory. You miss to make the Multisample. You have to assign the recorded sample in multisample (press page, Multisample), select the sample index to a Key range, rename the MS to be easy to find it, then use a command Convert MS to programs:

Now check the programs, will hear the sounds on the Original key you mapped.

Next step: Go to MEDIA, save Sampling Setup, Go to Global, open the KSC Autoload and add the KSC file or UserBank.KSC to AUTOLOAD List. Restart the Nautilus.
SR676

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thank you for your detailed description! I have followed your steps, but unfortunately none of this has led to the desired result. I spoke to the music store. He couldn't explain it either: He simply pressed the Sampling tab in the program, recorded the sample and it was immediately playable on the specified program, without having to save it in Global! This is exactly how it is described in the official Video Tutorial!
So there is some kind of problem with my Nautilus.

He gave me the tip to try to select the sample via Program→Page→OSC→Multi. That works now!

Conclusion: The created sample is not AUTOMATICALLY placed on the corresponding program, for example: S002. This step has to be done manually, in any case on my Nautilus, whatever the error is...
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reproduce your steps:
Auto sampling setup, start recording and Convert MS to program. It's work in my situation.
Could you send me a short video with your situation on my mail contact@danstesco.ro ?
Convert MS to program must map the sample to the program you mentioned.
Your Nautilus OS is updated ?
SR676

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:16 am    Post subject: Problem solved! Reply with quote

Problem solved by Dan Stesco:

The solution to my problem was as simple as it is perhaps a little confusing:

I didn't pay attention to upper and lower case!
We have two types of program banks: "A" to "T" and other banks "a" to"t" total 20 banks. Lowercase letters 10 and uppercase letters 10.
I selected the auto sampling to play in s007 and after done I was
looking to S007.
I was simply confused by the two types of Banks:-)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP DAN!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: