Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tryng to install EXs patch sounds on a nautilus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xavier34

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:20 am    Post subject: Tryng to install EXs patch sounds on a nautilus Reply with quote

Hi, sorry for my poor english

I purchased a sound patch for my nautilus88.
I downloaded the patch from korg website. I unzipped the files, copied them on a usbkey. And plugged it on the nautilus. All the files then appear on the nautilus screen. Until then, everything's ok.

But when I select the installation file and process the installation : it says : installation failed. So I did it several times, I also re-downloaded files from korg site again. Same result.

The patch is : KApro : EXs24 Revolutionary Dimensional Cello
I have window 11 on my computer.

Did you encounter the same problem ? Question

Thanks.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instructions for installation need to be followed to the letter. Although they are, unhelpfully, not included with the EXs24 sound pack, the install instructions can be found on the EXs24 purchase webpage.

The Nautilus OS needs to be V1.2, or later, and there needs to be sufficient disk space free on the Nautilus.

The files need to be copied to the root drive of the USB memory stick. The only files that should be present for the install are:

EXs24.exsins
EXs24.tar.gz
S024

(Note that the tarball file needs to remain as is, without expansion)
PS Installation may be possible without the files being in the root directory, but the containing directory should only have those three files present. It's best to try the root directory first, if you're having issues.

Hope that helps.
Xavier34

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your answer : my mistake : i opened the "EXs24.tar.gz" file before copying it on the usb key. Problem solved.

So, next step : i followed the instructions carefully on the EXs purchase page until the loading of the Exs24.PCG. I began to settle PCG content on "ALL" as shown in the instruction.
Result : not only i didn't find any trace of the news sounds in all the banks of the nautilus, but lots of old factory sounds just disapeared, included the ones i used to work on. So i'm trying not to loose my temper.

After that, i had to do the "auto load" process (a kind of global reboot) to find again all the initial patches. But i lost all my work on the sounds.

So, i retried from the beginning : on the "PCG content" window, I settled "BANK T" to "bank P" (destination slots which are free) to avoid erasing existing sounds.

Result : not only i couldn't find any trace of the sounds imported, but again lots of old sounds disapeared here and there....

Well, i just can't understand anything of this machine. If i knew how crazy it is just to install news samples, i wouldn't have chose the nautilus, this is just a hell.

If you have any ideas of what went wrong ?

Thanks in advance
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save you PCG before do anything. Will can restore your custom work anytime.

When working to load PCG in a different location OPEN the PCG, Open Banks then will see which banks are used by that EXs and avoid to overwrites your existing used bank.
Also please note. We have two different types of program banks. Hd-1 for sample PCM programs and EXi for different sounds engine. You couldn't load the HD-1 programs in the EXi banks or vice-versa. Also you could change the bank destination from global, but be carefully the programs in that banks will be initialized.

Also I recommend to use the PCG tools, a free app made by our friends Michel. Is a good way to manage your free spaces, move the programs out of unit and keep the Combi safe.
https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
Xavier34

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: